The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:14 pm
So the deppity was hoping to find alcohol to use as a cover for the crash the cops caused.

Could be, or they do it for all serious wrecks or all serious cop-related wrecks.

Do you know why they were chasing the soon to be dead guy

If it says in one of the articles I've linked, I forgot.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tell Congress:

“Pass the Stop Militarizing Law Enforcement Act and block Donald Trump’s attempt to militarize local police.”
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

3 arrested during protest at Georgia Tech after vigil

Three people were arrested Monday night during a protest after a vigil for a Georgia Tech student who was fatally shot by campus police, a university spokesman said.

Police shot and killed Scout Schultz late Saturday night after the 21-year-old student called 911 to report an armed and possibly intoxicated suspicious person, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has said....
I assumed that it was some hunting BFK. However:
... Schultz was holding a multipurpose tool and that the knife blade was not out....
And, s/he wasn't running at the cop. Pansies!

St. Louis Police Claim an ‘Unknown Chemical’ Labeled ‘Apple Cider Vinegar’ Maliciously Used Against Them

:roll:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

How cops turn a friend into an enemy . . . and lose their 50% pizza discount:

Cops Union Urges Harassment Of Pizza Shop After Owner Criticizes Police Tactics
Pi Pizzeria was targeted when owner Chris Sommers referred to some officers as “dimwits.”

The DNA doesn't lie, the St. Louis cop got away with murder.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Support this petition

To Attorney General Jeff Sessions:

Developing guidelines for prosecutors to shrink racial disparities, bolster accountability, and reduce mass incarceration;

Enforcing requirements for data collection and reporting on police-community encounters;

De-militarizing the police;

Stopping police departments from profiting by seizing individual property; and

Restoring community policing programs
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:04 pm
How cops turn a friend into an enemy . . . and lose their 50% pizza discount:

Cops Union Urges Harassment Of Pizza Shop After Owner Criticizes Police Tactics
Pi Pizzeria was targeted when owner Chris Sommers referred to some officers as “dimwits.”

The DNA doesn't lie, the St. Louis cop got away with murder.

fixes have to start at the root of the problem no matter how small. it's the free pass to break the speed limit on the way home from work in the cop car, or the same pass to block traffic by going below the speed limit while in the left lane, it's the special laws that only apply for police, it's the free coffee and it's also Mr. Summers 50% discount that is the foundation of the Blue Line, the I'm special because I put my life on the line ... bs.
These people are well paid by the taxpayer, yet every time go to establishments like Mr. Summers part of the cost goes to subsidize some cop, or military.

This problem won't be fixed by taking away military toys, or attending classes until there is a public discussion about cops speeding for no reason in front of our children and the conflict of interest created when they are offered and demand discounts and freebies.

And quit with the special names - I'm a little tired of lofty names from First Responder to Founding Fathers. They are people doing a job, but we created an environment that brings out the very worse in nearly all of them. It's a lot easier to prosecute a LEO for looting after Ivan than it is to prosecute First Responders guarding our homes. Imagine how discipline would return to the classrooms if teachers had stun guns. It's nothing we could accept and no different than trying to turn policing into a shoot citizens first to protect a possible threat on a cop.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Texas Tech police officer killed, suspect in custody

Summary:

Texas.
Campus carry.
Drug war.
White suspects don't get cuffed or searched.
Dead cop.
Texas.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

http://www.businessinsider.com/timeline ... as-strip-1

Just how dangerous is this cop job when they wait until the danger is past except when their victims are unarmed.

The room was known six minutes before the shooting started.

18 minutes later they got to his floor

41 minutes after the guard was shot they called swat.

But we say, they put their lives on the line everyday
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 am

So does anybody who drives, for example, I-5 into Seattle. And anyone who works in a 7-11 in Texas. Or numerous other jobs. On a real list of dangerous jobs, cops don't make the top ten. Not that there aren't real hazards, but still...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The 2 guys with phones are lucky they didn't get shot for making the cops look bad.

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:06 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 am

So does anybody who drives, for example, I-5 into Seattle. And anyone who works in a 7-11 in Texas. Or numerous other jobs. On a real list of dangerous jobs, cops don't make the top ten. Not that there aren't real hazards, but still...
we have a special law in florida that requires us to vacate the lane nearest a cop on the shoulder, or drop to 15 mph. no such requirement for satiation workers or postal workers or someone trying to fix a flat. never mind that the cop could have pulled further off the road, or that the cop is more experienced than the person trying to fix a flat - cops are special, bow down

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:47 pm
It's our money.
Lift the veil of secrecy for private prisons (petition to US Senators)

As the Trump Administration gears up to increase incarceration rates, more people will be locked up in prisons run for profit. Those prisons hold themselves exempt from the Freedom of Information Act. It's time to close that loophole now. Support the Private Prison Information Act of 2017
Note: Fill in your details. You'll then be directed to the petition page that you can read and either send or not.
They heard you.

And laughed.
Via What The Fuck Just Happened Today?

Business is booming for a private prison company after it contributed to Trump's campaign and moved its company meetings, dinner receptions, and golf outings to Trump National Doral. GEO Group, through a company subsidiary, gave $225,000 to a pro-Trump super PAC and an additional $250,000 to Trump's inaugural committee. It also hired two former aides to Jeff Sessions as outside lobbyists. In exchange, Sessions reversed an Obama-era directive to stop using private prisons, which allowed the company to secure a deal with the government in April worth tens of millions a year. GEO's stock price has tripled since last year.
In other prison-industrial complex news, 200 Trump inauguration protesters still face 70 years each in prison each over 6 broken windows. This was a result of kettling: Just cordon off the entire area and treat everyone as guilty. Given that another hundred got away - and the couple people who actually broke the windows were the only ones prepared to run, they've probably achieved 100% injustice.

Also in that WTF Today article - for just Wednesday:

- Senate Republicans repealed a rule that allowed Americans to sue their banks and credit card companies in class-action lawsuits. Senators passed the measure by a vote of 50-50, with Pence breaking the tie.

- Foreign steel imports are up 24% since Trump's "Buy American" pledge. In particular, a Russian steel company has won several pipeline contracts, including the Keystone XL. The biggest shareholder in Evraz North America is an oligarch and Trump family friend.

- The House Ways and Means Committee chairman declined to rule out changes to 401(k) plans despite Trump's promise that there would be "NO change" as part of tax reform.

- Paul Manafort is facing a third money laundering probe.

- The FCC will roll back media consolidation rules designed to preserve media diversity in local markets. FCC Chairman Ajit Pai's plan will eliminate a 1975 rule that prevented a single company from owning a TV station and newspaper in the same market.

- Etc. etc. etc.

meanwhile6.jpg

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

... Sessions reversed an Obama-era directive to stop using private prisons....
Obama waiting until late in his term or even the last year on so many things was a real screw up.

Judge Declines to Erase Conviction of Pardoned Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio

... Judge Bolton wrote in her opinion on Thursday:

“The power to pardon is an executive prerogative of mercy, not of judicial recordkeeping…. To vacate all rulings in this case would run afoul of this important distinction. The Court found Defendant guilty of criminal contempt. The President issued the pardon. Defendant accepted. The pardon undoubtedly spared Defendant from any punishment that might otherwise have been imposed. It did not, however, ‘revise the historical facts’ of this case.”

:clap:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:45 pm

... Sessions reversed an Obama-era directive to stop using private prisons....
Obama waiting until late in his term or even the last year on so many things was a real screw up.

Judge Declines to Erase Conviction of Pardoned Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio

... Judge Bolton wrote in her opinion on Thursday:

“The power to pardon is an executive prerogative of mercy, not of judicial recordkeeping…. To vacate all rulings in this case would run afoul of this important distinction. The Court found Defendant guilty of criminal contempt. The President issued the pardon. Defendant accepted. The pardon undoubtedly spared Defendant from any punishment that might otherwise have been imposed. It did not, however, ‘revise the historical facts’ of this case.”

:clap:

Obama waiting until the end was part of his very successsful republican get out the vote program.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:00 am
Obama waiting until the end was part of his very successful republican get out the vote program.
He did some commutations on June 6, 2016. Do you think that affected the election? He did a lot after the election.

I didn't know this until it came up on another forum - his last pardon, like Arpaio got, was on December 19, 2013. Of course, the distinction between commutations and pardons is lost on most ODS Trumpettes.

List of people granted executive clemency by Barack Obama
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:13 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:00 am
Obama waiting until the end was part of his very successful republican get out the vote program.
He did some commutations on June 6, 2016. Do you think that affected the election? He did a lot after the election.

I didn't know this until it came up on another forum - his last pardon, like Arpaio got, was on December 19, 2013. Of course, the distinction between commutations and pardons is lost on most ODS Trumpettes.

List of people granted executive clemency by Barack Obama

I meant the "so many things" seemed almost designed to get out the right wing vote.

I agree with so much of what he did his last year, but all are fairly insignificant compared to the big issues he caved on during his 8 years and as I said earlier, his get out the right wing vote EOs sure helped give us trump.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:37 am
I meant the "so many things" seemed almost designed to get out the right wing vote....
Ah, my bad.

Idk, some things did piss off the right, but the overall sense may have been that Obama was finally being the leader that we deserved. His approval rating climbed in 2016, but you may be correct that it was only good for him while hurting the Dems in general.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:26 am
Nurse screams for help as she is arrested for saying she can't draw blood from unconscious patient

The law breaking cop also endangered the other patients in the ED that was suddenly short staffed. That could have been me. At the least she's gonna get a nice fully paid for vacation out of the settlement or lawsuit.
Utah nurse settles over rough arrest caught on video

A Utah nurse who was arrested for refusing to let a police officer draw blood from an unconscious patient settled Tuesday with Salt Lake City and the university that runs the hospital for $500,000....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about S. 1856, the Stop Militarizing Law Enforcement Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you are aware, on September 25, 2017, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) introduced S. 1856, which was referred to the Senate Armed Services Committee. Among other things, Senator Paul’s bill would limit the ability of state and local law enforcement to obtain certain surplus vehicles and weapons through the 1033 program administered by the United States Department of Defense.

I believe that we should ensure our law enforcement officers have access to vital and appropriate resources to effectively do their honorable duties. I have concerns that this bill would take away necessary resources that state and local law enforcement officers need to protect our communities in crisis situations. It is my understanding that the program does not in fact provide state and local law enforcement with “militarized” weapons. The weapons are demilitarized and repurposed for appropriate law enforcement use. I have faith that state and local law enforcement provide proper training to appropriately utilize these law enforcement tools safely and effectively. If this issue comes before the Senate, I will carefully consider everything you have said in making a decision that is best for North Carolina and the country.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me again about other important issues.

Sincerely,

Thom Tillis
U.S. Senator (R-NC)
No surprise that he supports the program, but lying about its nature is an interesting twist. Maybe "demilitarized and repurposed" means putting on a new logo.
1312. ETTD.