The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

(4 St Louis) US police charged with beating undercover officer during protest (then attempting to cover up their actions)

I'll bet that the perps are white and the victim is black. Funny that the cops and/or media don't tell us.

Comments:
"I believe (the four) officers... are outliers and that the charges levied against them are isolated and not indicative of our Police Department."

Of course...
They were only charged because it was a police officer they beat. Otherwise, it would have been covered up as usual.
I bet the St Louis PD annual cookout was super awkward that year.
Put undercover officers in that situation and they get beaten. Do you think that’s really isolated? They just happened to get the only four bad cops in St. Louis?
"I believe (the four) officers... are outliers and that the charges levied against them are isolated and not indicative of our Police Department."

If you believe this you’re not very bright.
I lived in St Louis my whole life (I’m 62). St Louis PD has always had a bad rep for excessive force and improper behavior.
I bet the 4 feared for their lives.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:48 pm
(4 St Louis) US police charged with beating undercover officer during protest (then attempting to cover up their actions)

I'll bet that the perps are white and the victim is black. Funny that the cops and/or media don't tell us.

Comments:

Of course...
They were only charged because it was a police officer they beat. Otherwise, it would have been covered up as usual.
I bet the St Louis PD annual cookout was super awkward that year.
Put undercover officers in that situation and they get beaten. Do you think that’s really isolated? They just happened to get the only four bad cops in St. Louis?

If you believe this you’re not very bright.
I lived in St Louis my whole life (I’m 62). St Louis PD has always had a bad rep for excessive force and improper behavior.
I bet the 4 feared for their lives.

No need to tell their race

Dustin, Randy, Christopher and Bailey says it all.

Besides, "Public Safety Director Jimmie Edwards said in a statement.

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:50 pm
Alabama cops shoot wrong guy as mall shooter...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 0d409a6be0

B-b-but he was a running n****r with a gun...
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:07 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 pm
May be a while before we know the truth - if ever - and it's entirely possible that Bradford was involved in the "altercation" and the fact that he wasn't the one to shoot anybody was just a matter of luck in the instance. Or...it's also entirely possible that he was trying to do just what the NRA people are always praising - "good guy with a gun...."

But I'm thinking most of the "outlaws" with guns don't have concealed weapons permits.
It maaay be that they challenged him and he did something wrong, but I notice that the police statement does not say that - just that they shot him leaving. I might be reading to much into the omission.
Or not.

Exam: Black man killed by officer shot 3 times in back
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:24 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:50 pm
Alabama cops shoot wrong guy as mall shooter...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 0d409a6be0

B-b-but he was a running n****r with a gun...
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:07 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 pm
May be a while before we know the truth - if ever - and it's entirely possible that Bradford was involved in the "altercation" and the fact that he wasn't the one to shoot anybody was just a matter of luck in the instance. Or...it's also entirely possible that he was trying to do just what the NRA people are always praising - "good guy with a gun...."

But I'm thinking most of the "outlaws" with guns don't have concealed weapons permits.
It maaay be that they challenged him and he did something wrong, but I notice that the police statement does not say that - just that they shot him leaving. I might be reading to much into the omission.
Or not.

Exam: Black man killed by officer shot 3 times in back
and it was the cops who shot the girl
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:38 pm
If so, wow, but where are you getting that from? This is what I found:
Hoover mall shooting: Many questions still unanswered 2 weeks later

... Police charged Brown with shooting Wilson but not a 12-year-old girl who also was wounded; authorities haven't said who shot her. Bullets that passed through Bradford and Wilson could have struck someone else.

WHO SHOT WHOM?

Police have said an officer shot Bradford, but it's unclear whether police fired all three shots that hit him. Authorities also have charged Brown with shooting Wilson.

The 12-year-old girl was an innocent bystander by all counts.

The child's mother has written on social media that the slug remained lodged in the child's back after the shooting, and that doctors decided against removing it. If so, that would make a ballistics comparison impossible and reduce the chances of determining who is to blame for her injuries....
Fwiw, I was not trying to question you. I was expecting to find an article confirming what you posted and saying what the reaction to the new info. has been.

“Several shoppers were seen with their guns drawn.”
Yeah, that “good guys with guns” thing sure works great.

https://www.facebook.com/JulieElaine/po ... 0013746883
Julie Moore Bennett
November 23 at 5:06 AM ·

Just before 10:00 last night, my mom Elaine called and told me that my 12 year old daughter Molly had been shot inside the Galleria. Mammaw had taken Molly and Jessie Black Friday shopping. They were upstairs, outside of JCPenney when a fight broke out. Shots were fired, and one of the bullets hit Molly in the back. She said that her back hurt, but didn't even realize she had been shot until she overheard my mom telling me on the phone. A military medic, Rashad Wilson, took care of her until the paramedics arrived. A nurse came to help, and assured my mom that the medic was doing everything exactly right. The shoe store employees allowed the medic to use a shirt off the rack to hold pressure on the wound, and they brought a jacket to cover Molly when she got cold. Mammaw rode in the ambulance with Molly to Children's Hospital, and a police officer drove Jessie over there. Robby drove me from our house in Calera, and got me there a minute or two before the ambulance arrived from the Galleria. I was able to walk in with Molly and talk to her for a minute before they started working on her. There were so many kind people taking care of us and telling us what was going on. Fire fighters, police, doctors, nurses, a chaplain, and more... They were all amazing.

After a while, we were able to go see Molly, a few people at a time. She was hurting a lot, but very brave and positive as always. They took Molly to the operating room and made an incision from about two inches above her belly button to two inches below it. They found that none of her organs were damaged, and that there was no internal bleeding. The bullet had gone in her back at an angle and lodged really close to her spine. The surgeon explained that she would have a CT scan in the morning to determine if there was any damage to her spine. If there is none, they will leave the bullet where it is, and she should be able to go home Tuesday or Wednesday. Molly was in recovery for a really long time, and finally moved to a room around 2:30am. She is on a morphine pump, and has been sleeping a lot, but also vomiting some, and in more pain from the incision than from the bullet wound.

I am so thankful for everyone who helped us, for those who were at the hospital with us, and for all the messages and prayers. Yeah, bad guys are out there. But what I learned from this is that there are so many more good guys and girls who are willing to go above and beyond to help a stranger in need. I love every single one of you!

Edited to add:
If anyone who helped sees this post, even if I didn't mention you specifically, please let me know who you are. I would love to thank you personally. ♥️
Whoever put her and her family through this suffering - perp, cop or "good guy with a gun" - should pay.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:17 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:38 pm
If so, wow, but where are you getting that from? This is what I found:
Hoover mall shooting: Many questions still unanswered 2 weeks later

... Police charged Brown with shooting Wilson but not a 12-year-old girl who also was wounded; authorities haven't said who shot her. Bullets that passed through Bradford and Wilson could have struck someone else.

WHO SHOT WHOM?

Police have said an officer shot Bradford, but it's unclear whether police fired all three shots that hit him. Authorities also have charged Brown with shooting Wilson.

The 12-year-old girl was an innocent bystander by all counts.

The child's mother has written on social media that the slug remained lodged in the child's back after the shooting, and that doctors decided against removing it. If so, that would make a ballistics comparison impossible and reduce the chances of determining who is to blame for her injuries....
Fwiw, I was not trying to question you. I was expecting to find an article confirming what you posted and saying what the reaction to the new info. has been.

“Several shoppers were seen with their guns drawn.”
Yeah, that “good guys with guns” thing sure works great.

https://www.facebook.com/JulieElaine/po ... 0013746883
Julie Moore Bennett
November 23 at 5:06 AM ·

Just before 10:00 last night, my mom Elaine called and told me that my 12 year old daughter Molly had been shot inside the Galleria. Mammaw had taken Molly and Jessie Black Friday shopping. They were upstairs, outside of JCPenney when a fight broke out. Shots were fired, and one of the bullets hit Molly in the back. She said that her back hurt, but didn't even realize she had been shot until she overheard my mom telling me on the phone. A military medic, Rashad Wilson, took care of her until the paramedics arrived. A nurse came to help, and assured my mom that the medic was doing everything exactly right. The shoe store employees allowed the medic to use a shirt off the rack to hold pressure on the wound, and they brought a jacket to cover Molly when she got cold. Mammaw rode in the ambulance with Molly to Children's Hospital, and a police officer drove Jessie over there. Robby drove me from our house in Calera, and got me there a minute or two before the ambulance arrived from the Galleria. I was able to walk in with Molly and talk to her for a minute before they started working on her. There were so many kind people taking care of us and telling us what was going on. Fire fighters, police, doctors, nurses, a chaplain, and more... They were all amazing.

After a while, we were able to go see Molly, a few people at a time. She was hurting a lot, but very brave and positive as always. They took Molly to the operating room and made an incision from about two inches above her belly button to two inches below it. They found that none of her organs were damaged, and that there was no internal bleeding. The bullet had gone in her back at an angle and lodged really close to her spine. The surgeon explained that she would have a CT scan in the morning to determine if there was any damage to her spine. If there is none, they will leave the bullet where it is, and she should be able to go home Tuesday or Wednesday. Molly was in recovery for a really long time, and finally moved to a room around 2:30am. She is on a morphine pump, and has been sleeping a lot, but also vomiting some, and in more pain from the incision than from the bullet wound.

I am so thankful for everyone who helped us, for those who were at the hospital with us, and for all the messages and prayers. Yeah, bad guys are out there. But what I learned from this is that there are so many more good guys and girls who are willing to go above and beyond to help a stranger in need. I love every single one of you!

Edited to add:
If anyone who helped sees this post, even if I didn't mention you specifically, please let me know who you are. I would love to thank you personally. ♥️
Whoever put her and her family through this suffering - perp, cop or "good guy with a gun" - should pay.
I read it several days ago - but then a couple of weeks ago I read that the cops shot the bad guy

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Alabama AG taking over case of black man killed by police

... The officer, whose name has not been released by authorities ...
Funny, they had zero problem immediately and erroneously naming Emantic "EJ" Bradford Jr. as the perp.
... The state also will investigate the wounding of a 12-year-old girl who was shot in the back, Marshall said....
That's getting pretty close to admitting that you are correct, billy.pilgrim.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Good news for the end of 2018:
We are winning!

Sometimes, the fight to end the death penalty can feel like a long, slow slog. But we’ve got good news. We are winning!

In 2018, for the second year in a row, juries didn’t hand down any new death sentences. We shouldn’t underestimate how significant that is in a state that, in the 1990s, sent dozens of people to death row every year.

For the twelfth year in a row, no executions were carried out in 2018.

Even our state’s district attorneys began to flag in their enthusiasm for death sentences. Only three counties (out of 100!) held death penalty trials this year. In Buncombe County, District Attorney Todd Williams is going a step further. He has begun reevaluating decades-old death sentences — and when he finds that the defendant got an unfair trial, he agrees to stop seeking execution and allow the person to serve life without parole instead.

In 2019, we have more reform-minded DAs who will take office in Durham and Charlotte.

This is not the time to lose focus. Exactly 140 people remain on death row in North Carolina. Their lives depend on us continuing to fight — and continuing to win. We look forward to working beside you in the new year.

Sincerely,
The Staff and Board of the N.C. Coalition for Alternatives to the Death Penalty

P.S. Have you read this terrific story by the Intercept’s Liliana Segura? It's worth a few minutes of your time. “Relic of Another Era:” Most People on N.C.’s Death Row Would Not Be Sentenced to Die Today

The N.C. Coalition for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
ncdeathpenalty.org
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

City of Portland Independent Police Review online Complaint form
Re: Hotel Employees Fired After Calling 911 On Black Guest Using His Phone
https://www.yahoo.com/news/hotel-employ ... 26076.html

The hotel has fired its racist employees. You must fire the cops that acted as agents of those racist employees.

(Vrede too)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's sad to me that I'm not shocked that it happened but rather that the cops were caught, prosecuted and jailed. Good on all of the feds and any others that made it happen.

Ex-police chief in Florida gets prison time for framing black people

I wonder what else went on that they weren't caught for.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Washington State Patrol: File a Comment, Compliment or Complaint

Kitsap County Sheriff's Office: kitsapshpio@co.kitsap.wa.us
Re: She was jailed for drunk driving. Instead she had had a stroke, didn't get help for days
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 457447002/

A clot-busting drug can be administered within 4-6 hours of the onset of symptoms, often with complete success. She was certainly within this window if she'd driven successfully to the toll booth. Regardless, delayed rehab is delayed or permanently hampered recovery.

The officers involved should be fired and charged with, at least, false arrest and elder abuse.

(Vrede too)
ER RN
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:07 pm
City of Portland Independent Police Review online Complaint form
Re: Hotel Employees Fired After Calling 911 On Black Guest Using His Phone
https://www.yahoo.com/news/hotel-employ ... 26076.html

The hotel has fired its racist employees. You must fire the cops that acted as agents of those racist employees.

(Vrede too)
Subject: Online Complaint Submission re: DoubleTree Hotel Incident (12/22/2018)
Date: Wed, January 2, 2019 5:57 pm

(Vrede too):

On December 29, 2018, the Independent Police Review (IPR) received your complaint about the conduct of a Portland Police Bureau Officer involved in a widely publicized incident which took place on December 22, 2018 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Portland, Oregon. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We have received numerous complaints regarding this incident and are reviewing our next steps.

While you brought this case to our attention, the materials you submitted indicate you were not directly involved in the incident. For confidentiality of the people involved, it would not be appropriate for our office to share further details of the investigation with you as a third party who was not a witness.

If you were present, know of any in person witnesses to this incident, or wish to provide any other evidence or information about this incident to our office, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again for your time.

Sincerely,

IPR Intake
Ph: 503-823-0146 Fax: 503-823-4571
Independent Police Review Division
Office of the City Auditor
1221 SW 4th Avenue, Room 140
Portland, OR 97204-1900
Interoffice Delivery: 131/140

Fine with me. I'm happy knowing that it was read and that they "have received numerous complaints regarding this incident".
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I don't know......while it's good that they evidently actually read your correspondence, from what they wrote back it seems to me that since "....you were not directly involved...." they don't want to discuss the matter any further, but that if you have additional info or actually witnessed the event or part of it, they would certainly like to get what you know. Makes me want to call their bluff, inform them that the entire incident was witnessed and that you trust they will be truthful in any further announcements regarding the matter because you, in fact, know the facts. I still give them credit for writing back.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:33 am
I don't know......while it's good that they evidently actually read your correspondence, from what they wrote back it seems to me that since "....you were not directly involved...." they don't want to discuss the matter any further, but that if you have additional info or actually witnessed the event or part of it, they would certainly like to get what you know. Makes me want to call their bluff, inform them that the entire incident was witnessed and that you trust they will be truthful in any further announcements regarding the matter because you, in fact, know the facts. I still give them credit for writing back.
Good idea. I'll give them your name and contact info., witness.

After all, I am poor substitute for you, the Scathe-Master. I guess part of your skill is claiming personal knowledge, but it's certain that if you had been the one to write the cops would have been fired, civil rights charges would have been filed, a city park would have been named for the 'phoning while black' victim, and Portland's mayor would have presented you with the key to the city.

;) :-||
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:17 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:33 am
Good idea. I'll give them your name and contact info., witness.

After all, I am poor substitute for you, the Scathe-Master. I guess part of your skill is claiming personal knowledge, but it's certain that if you had been the one to write the cops would have been fired, civil rights charges would have been filed, a city park would have been named for the 'phoning while black' victim, and Portland's mayor would have presented you with the key to the city.

;) :-||
Ah, I appreciate your confidence and support. I will confront them with this devastating point: no way in hell they'd treat Tonya Harding like that (if I ain't mistaken, she's from Portland).

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Congressional report: Misconduct by federal prison leaders 'ignored' and 'covered up' on a regular basis

It must be really bad if even the Repug-led Congress says that its own prison-industrial complex is bad.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Update: (Ark.) Deputy Who Shot Small Dog Fired by Department

Is anyone surprised that it’s a black dog?

It's a "9 pound Chihuahua mix". Your local LEOs need your help: Shoot your own dog and your unarmed children, then shoot yourself.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Comment:
I am a retired Military Police Dog Handler. A 9 pound dog is only dangerous to a pack of Oscar Meyer hotdogs.
1312. ETTD.