Big Brother is Watching You

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Big Brother is Watching You

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:02 am
... I'll also guess that Manchin isn't the only DINO Yea, but I don't have any specific one/s in mind. It's just because some Dems can be so awful on "national security" stuff.
Sen. Joe Donnelly (D-IN) backs Gina Haspel, making CIA nominee's confirmation more likely
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Border agents can't search your phone without good reason, US court rules
Federal appeals court says there must be some reason to suspect a particular traveler has committed a crime

Amazing, especially given the particular case - a Turk at Dulles airport with firearm parts in his luggage.

Black activist jailed for his Facebook posts speaks out about secret FBI surveillance
Exclusive: Rakem Balogun spoke out against police brutality. Now he is believed to be the first prosecuted under a secretive US effort to track so-called ‘black identity extremists’

... “It’s tyranny at its finest,” said Balogun, 34. “I have not been doing anything illegal for them to have surveillance on me. I have not hurt anyone or threatened anyone.”

Balogun spoke to the Guardian this week in his first interview since he was released from prison after five months locked up and denied bail while US attorneys tried and failed to prosecute him, accusing him of being a threat to law enforcement and an illegal gun owner.

Balogun, who lost his home and more while incarcerated, is believed to be the first person targeted and prosecuted under a secretive US surveillance effort to track so-called “black identity extremists”. In a leaked August 2017 report from the FBI’s Domestic Terrorism Analysis Unit, officials claimed that there had been a “resurgence in ideologically motivated, violent criminal activity” stemming from African Americans’ “perceptions of police brutality”....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump CIA nominee secures key Democrat's vote, heads for confirmation

The top Democrat on the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee said on Tuesday he would support President Donald Trump's nominee to be CIA director, Gina Haspel, all but ensuring her confirmation as the first woman to lead the spy agency.

Senator Mark Warner said it had been a "difficult decision," but cited Haspel's 33-year career and support from the CIA workforce and intelligence veterans.

"Most importantly, I believe she is someone who can and will stand up to the President if ordered to do something illegal or immoral – like a return to torture," Warner said in a statement.

In a letter to Warner dated Monday, Haspel said the CIA should not have undertaken a past harsh interrogation program, which has been a focus of debate over her confirmation.

The Senate Intelligence Committee is due to vote on Wednesday on whether to approve Haspel. With Warner's support, she is expected to have the backing of all eight committee Republicans and at least two of the seven Democrats.

Despite criticism - including from Republican Senators Rand Paul and John McCain - because of past ties to the CIA's former rendition, detention and interrogation activities, Haspel is expected to be confirmed by the full Senate next week.

At least four other Democrats, all up for re-election in states Trump won in 2016, also support Haspel. Democratic Senators Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Bill Nelson of Florida announced their backing on Tuesday....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Big Brother is (Not) Watching You

Justices adopt new privacy rules for cellphone tracking

The Supreme Court says police generally need a search warrant if they want to track criminal suspects' movements by collecting information about where they've used their cellphones.

The justices' 5-4 decision Friday is a victory for privacy in the digital age. Police collection of cellphone tower information has become an important tool in criminal investigations.

The outcome marks a big change in how police can obtain phone records. Authorities can go to the phone company and obtain information about the numbers dialed from a home telephone without presenting a warrant.

Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the majority opinion, joined by the court's four liberals....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:05 pm
Blah, blah, blah, whine, yack, yack.
So if someone has their information wrong, they're not wrong, they're a liar? How so typical of you; bless your heart.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:20 pm
So if someone has their information wrong, they're not wrong, they're a liar? How so typical of you; bless your heart.
Page 91-92. I call them a 'coward', too, when they run away rather than admit that they got "their information wrong" on several points and still haven't admitted it. Then, I call them a 'crybaby' when they return 2 months later just to whine about it.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:10 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Page 91-92. I call them a 'coward', too, when they run away rather than admit that they got "their information wrong" on several points and still haven't admitted it. Then, I call them a 'crybaby' when they return 2 months later just to whine about it.
Bless your heart. It's comforting to know you've kept close tabs on me. You rock.
If I had thought, I would have gotten your address before I left; I would have sent you weekly post cards so you would have had someone to put down and trash-mouth. I know you missed me; go ahead, say it!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:46 pm
Bless your heart. It's comforting to know you've kept close tabs on me. You rock.
If I had thought, I would have gotten your address before I left; I would have sent you weekly post cards so you would have had someone to put down and trash-mouth. I know you missed me; go ahead, say it!
:headscratch: There wasn't any keeping tabs on you. Your non-quote of me had a date stamp and thus made it easy to look up what you were whining about and see that I called you a liar because you lied. Own it.

Stay - go, I don't care. If you want to discuss issues, fine with me. If you want to make up shit and gripe about me, I'll deal with that.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:10 pm
If you want to make up shit and gripe about me, I'll deal with that.
My, my, my! Aren't we the thin skinned one! That time of the month? :lol:
You take jabs too personally, lighten up.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Mirror.
Leo Lyons wrote:
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:29 pm
Mirror.
Leo Lyons wrote:
You take jabs too personally, lighten up.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

You take being accurately called a liar too personally and then you hold onto theses grudges for 2 months, lighten up.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 am
You take being accurately called a liar too personally and then you hold onto theses grudges for 2 months, lighten up.
You call people a liar simply because they disagree with you. If you said it, it's 'accurate'.
YOU held the grudge for 2 months, I didn't tally the length of my absence.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:55 pm
You call people a liar simply because they disagree with you. If you said it, it's 'accurate'.

You lie again. It wasn't a matter of opinion, it was your dishonest "fact". That's why I told folks how to find the exchange, something you shunned, so they could see for themselves.

YOU held the grudge for 2 months, I didn't tally the length of my absence.

Riiiiight, it says "Tue May 08, 2018" on your whiny non-quote of me, and you made it your return statement, not me. Man up and own it.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:45 pm
Riiiiight, it says "Tue May 08, 2018" on your whiny non-quote of me, and you made it your return statement, not me. Man up and own it.
OK, you got me. I'm aware of the time & date stamp, but I didn't bother to look at it; I didn't think it was such a monumental issue, and I wasn't aware it would be such a touchy point with you. How could I forget when you hold a grudge, you're like the proverbial snapping turtle that won't let go until lightning strikes? :lol: You kill me! :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
:headscratch: There wasn't any keeping tabs on you. Your non-quote of me had a date stamp and thus made it easy to look up what you were whining about and see that I called you a liar because you lied. Own it.

Stay - go, I don't care. If you want to discuss issues, fine with me. If you want to make up shit and gripe about me, I'll deal with that.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:

Rainy days and Wednesdays always get me down. Image
Last edited by Leo Lyons on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It looks like you returned primarily to whine about me, and it was your very first post upon coming back. If that's the case, putting you on 'ignore' is uber easy. I have no interest in your childishness.
1312. ETTD.