Good news/kindness only (please) thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: Good news/kindness only (please) thread

Unread post by Mr.B »

One-Handed 5-Year Old Has Dreams of Playing for Kentucky...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Yep, even with lasers shooting out the end the Keytar solo is the least strange thing in the video.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

I don't know if you would call this good news or kindness, but I think it's damn funny that the head ball-buster has been reduced to posting asinine videos because he got his own balls busted. Neutered I think it was said. :lol: I know Vrede won't read this because the poor old butthurt faghugger got his wittle feewings hurt and has me and several other posters on ignore. That's OK y'all just hope a strong wind won't kick up and blow this way because this piddly washed up forum will get blown into the next state. :lol: My bestest new pal Mr.B tried to corner Bannination into admitting that the faghugger was the cause of this forums failure but he wouldn't pull his head out of Vrede's ass long enough to admit anything. Let me part here by saying to Bannination and the faghugger, get this now, you paying attention? I know this riles hell out of you but I think it's funny------
You sowed what you reaped. Oh yeah.... ©Mr.B

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Wow! Who'da thunk it?! Check out these wonders of Nature!

Beautiful Flowers That Look Like Other Things

What a wonderful world!

"May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
a moonbeam to charm you,
a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you,
And laughter to cheer you....."

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

homerfobe wrote:I don't know if you would call this good news or kindness, but I think it's damn funny that the head ball-buster has been reduced to posting asinine videos because he got his own balls busted. Neutered I think it was said. :lol: I know Vrede won't read this because the poor old butthurt faghugger got his wittle feewings hurt and has me and several other posters on ignore. That's OK y'all just hope a strong wind won't kick up and blow this way because this piddly washed up forum will get blown into the next state. :lol: My bestest new pal Mr.B tried to corner Bannination into admitting that the faghugger was the cause of this forums failure but he wouldn't pull his head out of Vrede's ass long enough to admit anything. Let me part here by saying to Bannination and the faghugger, get this now, you paying attention? I know this riles hell out of you but I think it's funny------
You sowed what you reaped. Oh yeah.... ©Mr.B

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr. Kindness has spoken.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

homerfobe wrote: "My bestest new pal Mr.B ....."
I don't think so.

"Oh yeah.... ©Mr.B"
Patent pending

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

I read about this myself. Good heart-warming story out of small-town U.S.A. !
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Yeah, there undoubtedly more guys like him than there are guys who shoot unarmed black guys because they "felt threatened." Well duh. You're a cop - people are going to threaten you. Most cops do their jobs as best they can and live up to the "protect and serve" motto. But that doesn't mean the ones that shoot old ladies with lighters or kids running away from a traffic stop shouldn't be indicted and tried.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote: shoot old ladies with lighters
Are you speaking of lighters that resemble guns? There was a case a couple of years ago in NV where a screaming, cursing, mentally challenged woman pointed what looked like a gun at an officer and he shot and killed her. Turns out it was a cigarette lighter that, in all appearances looked exactly like a .45. The officer was cleared of any wrongdoing.

If you were an officer and you were confronted by a screaming, cursing woman who pointed that lighter at you; to quote John Quiñones,
"What would you do"? Do you ask if the 'gun' is real? Do you wait to see if she fires at you?

I love reading these good-guy stories where the officer goes above and beyond the call of duty; too many people are ready to hang LEO's out to dry, any LEO's, because of the actions of a few rotten apples. LEO's are humans too, with the same good or bad judgmental capabilities as the average joe on the street.

O Really
Admiral

"What would you do?" is a good question. Probably would have shot the old lady. But unfortunately, that question is framed only within the context of "crazy lady waving a gun-like object in your face", that is, a specific moment that just appeared out of nowhere. The real question is, was the entire situation from the start handled in a way to de-fuse or ignite?

And the problem with the "few bad apples" is that historically they've been able to hide behind the "thin blue line" and avoid being culled. Vids are helping to improve the culling process.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote: The real question is, was the entire situation from the start handled in a way to de-fuse or ignite?
Ah-ha! Therein lies the $64,000 question! At what point does the officer begin to determine the best way to defuse or ignite? That goes back to my question of the officers' asking the perp, is the 'gun' real? Or do you wait to see if she fires at you? The choice has to be made before the next heartbeat, that is to say, "If I hesitate, who's going to die?"

We arm-chair quarterbacks can sit at home in our easy chairs and call all the shots, saying it should have been handled this way or that way, and then criticize the officer when deadly force is used. I think if it were our life that was on the line, attitudes toward LEO's would be much different.

Of course, I'm not speaking of officers that are back-shooters, superiority complexed, etc.

Anyhow, lets get back to the subject of the thread. :thumbup: Good day!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really is referring to a specific instance here, Elizabeth Ann Shipman. The HCSD lied about having been shot at for a couple of days and then lied for more than 7 weeks about it being a gun. Thus, all of their claims about the shooting being warranted became suspect. Within a year the Sheriff who swept it all under the rug was forced to resign after it turned out he was clinically nuts.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote: Anyhow, lets get back to the subject of the thread. :thumbup: Good day!
See ya' over at LEO.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:O Really is referring to a specific instance here, Elizabeth Ann Shipman. The HCSD lied about having been shot at for a couple of days and then lied for more than 7 weeks about it being a gun. Thus, all of their claims about the shooting being warranted became suspect. Within a year the Sheriff who swept it all under the rug was forced to resign after it turned out he was clinically nuts.
By Googling that name, I researched your story and do find it bizarre. A lot of same similarities to the NV shooting, with the exception of "she fired at us first". I can see where they felt they were threatened though, by the photo of the "gun" :

That is one of those judgment calls I mentioned, but to say she fired first and then mow her down with fire from pistols and rifles seemed to be excessive force and overkill. You read often where LEO's fired massive amounts of rounds at their target; it seems to me that there ought to be a limit as to how many shots can be fired before the shooting becomes more than self-defense.

O Really
Admiral

To be sure, in the right circumstances, that could be mistaken for a firearm. But there's more to the story than that. The old lady was originally reported for the fire she started in her yard, with the neighbors afraid it would spread. She was also known to be a bit eccentric, but never having done anything violent. The cops arrived in full testosterone gear, but established a perimeter around her residence. They were pretty much out of range of an old lady with a little pistol (even if it were real) and hunkered down behind cover. There was plenty of time to see what she would do, or to get her to "surrender" for actually committing no crime. They shot her down in her own yard, having done no harm to anybody. My point is the story doesn't start when the old lady waves a lighter that looks like a gun.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Happy 93rd birthday Norman Lear!
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Re: Good news/kindness only (please)

This is as kind as I can be----- Blue Ridge Debate: grave------yard------dead!
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!