Aint ya'll proud?????

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Aint ya'll proud?????

Unread post by O Really »

Well, Roland, I hope you enjoyed your adventure in Colorado, and that you didn't shoot at anything that wasn't equally well armed. Hunters hunting season is coming up in Florida, and I have my annual license. Of course, in Florida, it's called the "stand your ground" and "opps" license, but you'd be surprised how easy it is to mistake a hunter for a deer. Or an intruder. Or somebody else carrying a gun who you think is endangering your life.

Roland Deschain
Wing commander

Unread post by Roland Deschain »

O Really wrote:Well, Roland, I hope you enjoyed your adventure in Colorado, and that you didn't shoot at anything that wasn't equally well armed. Hunters hunting season is coming up in Florida, and I have my annual license. Of course, in Florida, it's called the "stand your ground" and "opps" license, but you'd be surprised how easy it is to mistake a hunter for a deer. Or an intruder. Or somebody else carrying a gun who you think is endangering your life.
Yuck yuck yuck....stick to serious debate. Sarcasm is not your strong suit.

O Really
Admiral

Roland Deschain wrote:
O Really wrote:Well, Roland, I hope you enjoyed your adventure in Colorado, and that you didn't shoot at anything that wasn't equally well armed. Hunters hunting season is coming up in Florida, and I have my annual license. Of course, in Florida, it's called the "stand your ground" and "opps" license, but you'd be surprised how easy it is to mistake a hunter for a deer. Or an intruder. Or somebody else carrying a gun who you think is endangering your life.
You thought that was sarcasm?
You don't read the news?

Roland Deschain
Wing commander

O Really wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:
You thought that was sarcasm?
You don't read the news?
Yeah, I keep up with the news...as I said stick to the serious side...attempting sarcasm makes you look like as big an asshole as vrede.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Roland Deschain wrote: Yeah, I keep up with the news....
Except for the part where Bush had the lowest approval rating in history when he left office. Guess you were in a media black out those last few years of his administration.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

Roland Deschain
Wing commander

...and the hits just keep on coming:
Young Americans are turning against Barack Obama and Obamacare, according to a new survey of millennials, people between the ages of 18 and 29 who are vital to the fortunes of the president and his signature health care law.

The most startling finding of Harvard University's Institute of Politics: A majority of Americans under age 25--the youngest millennials--would favor throwing Obama out of office.

The survey, part of a unique 13-year study of the attitudes of young adults, finds that America's rising generation is worried about its future, disillusioned with the U.S. political system, strongly opposed to the government's domestic surveillance apparatus, and drifting away from both major parties. "Young Americans hold the president, Congress and the federal government in less esteem almost by the day, and the level of engagement they are having in politics are also on the decline," reads the IOP's analysis of its poll. "Millennials are losing touch with government and its programs because they believe government is losing touch with them."

The results blow a gaping hole in the belief among many Democrats that Obama's two elections signaled a durable grip on the youth vote.

Indeed, millennials are not so hot on their president.

Obama's approval rating among young Americans is just 41 percent, down 11 points from a year ago, and now tracking with all adults. While 55 percent said they voted for Obama in 2012, only 46 percent said they would do so again.

When asked if they would want to recall various elected officials, 45 percent of millennials said they would oust their member of Congress; 52 percent replied "all members of Congress" should go; and 47 percent said they would recall Obama. The recall-Obama figure was even higher among the youngest millennials, ages 18 to 24, at 52 percent.

While there is no provision for a public recall of U.S. presidents, the poll question revealed just how far Obama has fallen in the eyes of young Americans.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics ... e-20131204

It's like a train wreck...you don't wanna watch but can't look away :lol: :---P :lol:

O Really
Admiral

Yeppers - no way Obama will get elected in '16. He's pretty much dog meat insofar as staying in office.

BTW, did the poll say how many of those "disillusioned millennials" intended to vote for a Republican candidate?

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Putting that into perspective, the poll still shows Democrats to be far more popular than Republicans.

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Y'all can try to polish a turd as hard as you can, but it is still a turd. The reality is those millennials that are really pissed off will vote for the GOP candidate. Those that are just pissed off will stay home. Not good for dems in 2014.

O Really
Admiral

Supsalemgr wrote:Y'all can try to polish a turd as hard as you can, but it is still a turd. The reality is those millennials that are really pissed off will vote for the GOP candidate. Those that are just pissed off will stay home. Not good for dems in 2014.
That might be true if Obama was running again and your guys ran, say, Christie. But the Dem candidate won't be Obama, won't look like him, and the Republicans will again run some fringe-appeaser. There will be fresh issues but Republicans will still be yammering over all the things that younger voters aren't interested in.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Supsalemgr wrote:Y'all can try to polish a turd as hard as you can, but it is still a turd. The reality is those millennials that are really pissed off will vote for the GOP candidate. Those that are just pissed off will stay home. Not good for dems in 2014.
Don't even try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBuster ... olish_Poop

You can't.

Seriously though what are Republicans offering? I've not heard anything. Then again, I've not heard Democrats offering anything either. It's too early I suppose to call anything.

All I know is Republicans are very hated right now, especially pea partiers.

Ombudsman
Ensign

You spend too much time thinking about feces.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think I'm beginning to understand why supsalemgr hates America; he doesn't understand it.

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Please reread my post. It clearly refers to the 2014 mid terms. If you haven't noticed there is unrest among those who have to ten on the dem ticket in 2014. No need to debate me on that as I realize most of you will not acknowledge that fact.

Now everybody have a good day.

O Really
Admiral

Both Super-S and Roland enjoy trash-talking. I don't know Roland very well, but Super-S has been around a long time and I'm pretty sure he's smart enough not to believe his own posts. They seem to be fans of Al Gore and other legal debaters ... "When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, holler." Substitute "talk trash" for "holler," and you've got it.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

neoplacebo wrote: he doesn't understand it.
Willfully ... then self-delusion IS a prerequisite for holding a far-right position.. ..some are especially gifted..

I've spent the last few weeks cruising the far-right, far-far-right and "flat-land" right forums and boy howdy.. our local skidmarks are bush league nitwits compared to the idiot savants infesting those alternate realities...

The experience took it's toll .. See my uncle said he gave up drinking after visiting an Anheuser-Busch brewery... after seeing the bottling line he knew that he'd never be able to keep up.. . so may it be with wingnuts..
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

Roland Deschain
Wing commander

Vrede wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:...and the hits just keep on coming:...

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics ... e-20131204

It's like a train wreck...you don't wanna watch but can't look away :lol: :---P :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Once again, Roland Deschain ignores entirely the portions of his own link unfavorable to the GOP:
...33 percent of young Americans consider themselves Democrats and 24 percent identify with the GOP...

Among the oldest millennials (ages 25 to 29), Democrats hold a 16-point lead over the GOP: 38 percent say they're Democrats, and 22 percent call themselves Republicans...

Approval ratings of Congress have declined steeply in the past few years, with congressional Democrats now at 35 percent and congressional Republicans at just 19 percent...
I've lost count of how many times the poor train wreck has done it in just this thread. Run away, Roland Deschain, run away.
Once again, in a pathetic effort to appear superior to all, vrede has failed to comprehend that his very post goes to prove the point that obama is loosing millennials. One would think that with such an advantage in "identification of party" that obama and the dems would have a much HIGHER rating when it comes to approval/favorability. Thanks for proving the point oh wise sage :---P

Roland Deschain
Wing commander

Vrede wrote:Once again, in a pathetic effort to put lipstick on a pig Roland Deschain runs away from his own link and fails to get that Obama ain't running again. Appearing superior to Roland Deschain is nothing for me to brag about.

Now, about the lie in your OP that you've never had the stones to admit and retract?
Then why the need to try to appear superior to everyone who posts..including some of your own liberal buddies??? Ya'll keep whistling past the graveyard though....facts are weighing out that liberalism is in deep trouble, and ya'll know it but refuse to admit it. :---P

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

Roland Deschain wrote:..facts are weighing out that liberalism is in deep trouble,
"Liberals" have had no power in decades.. Our federal government has been decidedly conservative since Ronald McReagan embarrassed the oval office.. .. However Far-Right Media desperately needs a villain and has been doing it's best to scare the bejeebers out of the gullible...
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

Ombudsman
Ensign

Roland Deschain wrote:...facts are weighing out that liberalism is in deep trouble, and ya'll know it but refuse to admit it.
Let's see, healthcare reform has finally gone into effect. One after another states are legalizing gay marriage and pot. The stimulus package kept the economy from tanking. Roe v. Wade is not in any danger of being overturned. Women and minorities are still allowed to vote. Integrated schools are now the norm.

Yeah, liberalism is really struggling huh Mad Roland?

PS - Vrede's personalty problems don't negate your stupidity.