Aint ya'll proud?????

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ombudsman
Ensign

Re: Aint ya'll proud?????

Unread post by Ombudsman »

I'm not sure what hillbilly dialect you're using so it's kind of hard to follow but it appears that you think running a business requires the same skills as writing laws. A lot business owners only know one thing, their business. If they own a hardware store they know a lot about tools. If they run a bar, they know how to place orders for more beer. A lot of them inherited the business from their fathers and really do little other than very simple things to keep it running. There's no part of running a business that makes one inherently a good politician. In fact if they are good at the business they run, then they're too busy to have a second job as lawmaker. Lee Bright from Roebuck is a good example of a failed businessman turned failed politician. His company is in foreclosure proceedings, yet he ran as a "successful" businessman, not a "professional" politician. And idiots in his district, people like you, fell for it.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Roland Deschain wrote:
Ombudsman wrote:I think you mean "incumbent". What seems to be occurring is that people are realizing it's better to have experienced people in office than to have these tea-party anti-incumbent types that guys like you salivate over. Only in the world of wing nuttery is lack of experience considered something worthy of placing at the top of one's resume.
So the businerss man beats the state Senator and that is experience? Speaking of lack of experience just how much expereience in government di obama have when you fools elected him? Really, do think about anything you post or do you just hammer out the first bits of shit that seep out of that vacant space between your ears.
Can't have it both ways, though, can you? If Obama's lack of national level experience (less than one Senate term) is a bad thing (which I think it was), then it's a bad thing for those TinyTown mayors and "non politicians" the teapartiers favor. But if you really want a private industry comparison, very rarely if ever is a person going to get the CEO job without extensive experience in the industry. Unless of course his dad gives him the job.

Roland Deschain
Wing commander

Unread post by Roland Deschain »

O Really wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:
Ombudsman wrote:I think you mean "incumbent". What seems to be occurring is that people are realizing it's better to have experienced people in office than to have these tea-party anti-incumbent types that guys like you salivate over. Only in the world of wing nuttery is lack of experience considered something worthy of placing at the top of one's resume.
So the businerss man beats the state Senator and that is experience? Speaking of lack of experience just how much expereience in government di obama have when you fools elected him? Really, do think about anything you post or do you just hammer out the first bits of shit that seep out of that vacant space between your ears.
Can't have it both ways, though, can you? If Obama's lack of national level experience (less than one Senate term) is a bad thing (which I think it was), then it's a bad thing for those TinyTown mayors and "non politicians" the teapartiers favor. But if you really want a private industry comparison, very rarely if ever is a person going to get the CEO job without extensive experience in the industry. Unless of course his dad gives him the job.
PERSONALLY....I look at how a candidate stands on the issues. I do think that career politicians are not good and I'd like to see term limits on all political offices at the national level. One point that needs to be looked at is that most successful business CEO's must operate from a more "conservative" approach. If they operated from a "liberal approach" they would go out of business. Business success is somehwat more appealing to those who support the TEA party.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:Speaking of lack of experience just how much expereience in government di obama have when you fools elected him?
If Obama's lack of national level experience (less than one Senate term) is a bad thing (which I think it was), then it's a bad thing for those TinyTown mayors and "non politicians" the teapartiers favor.
Obama had more experience in government - 11 years in state and federal office - than Bush II. Even his mere four years as a United States senator was more national experience than Bush II had. Romney, Reagan and no doubt plenty of other Republican candidates also didn't have any national level experience in Congress.

And I think Obama's being a Professor of Constitutional Law should count for something.

Obama's level of experience is just another in a long list of things that Republicans only find wrong when dealing with a Democrat.

O Really
Admiral

Roland Deschain wrote:
PERSONALLY....I look at how a candidate stands on the issues. I do think that career politicians are not good and I'd like to see term limits on all political offices at the national level. One point that needs to be looked at is that most successful business CEO's must operate from a more "conservative" approach. If they operated from a "liberal approach" they would go out of business. Business success is somehwat more appealing to those who support the TEA party.
It doesn't really matter how s/he stand on the issues if s/he isn't able to get anything done. Surely you would agree with that regarding the current President, if not others. Getting things done in politics isn't the same as getting things done when you da' boss. Why do you think the jobs involved with governing one of the largest countries in the world are so easy they can be done by amateurs not interested in a political career? Can you imagine what would happen to a guy that goes into an accounting firm and tells them, I've never studied accounting, and I don't really want to learn much about this job, and I don't really want to stay in accounting more than a few years, but I'm way better than that guy over there with the MBA and 10 years with KPMG.

Roland Deschain
Wing commander

rstrong wrote: Obama had more experience in government - 11 years in state and federal office - than Bush II. Even his mere four years as a United States senator was more national experience than Bush II had. Romney, Reagan and no doubt plenty of other Republican candidates also didn't have any national level experience in Congress.

Care to tell me how many years obama served as a Governor? Another libard bringing pears to the apple market :roll:

And I think Obama's being a Professor of Constitutional Law should count for something.

You'd think he would understand what it allows him to do a bit better

Obama's level of experience is just another in a long list of things that Republicans only find wrong when dealing with a Democrat.

Just another imaginary list of things hambone has cooke up so he can shoot off his piehole.

Roland Deschain
Wing commander

O Really wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:
It doesn't really matter how s/he stand on the issues if s/he isn't able to get anything done. Surely you would agree with that regarding the current President, if not others. Getting things done in politics isn't the same as getting things done when you da' boss. Why do you think the jobs involved with governing one of the largest countries in the world are so easy they can be done by amateurs not interested in a political career? Can you imagine what would happen to a guy that goes into an accounting firm and tells them, I've never studied accounting, and I don't really want to learn much about this job, and I don't really want to stay in accounting more than a few years, but I'm way better than that guy over there with the MBA and 10 years with KPMG.
Apples and oranges for you as well...I said I looked a how a CANDIDATE stands on issues. What is a candidate gonna get accomplished prior to being elected? I did not say that the jobs were easy. However, a good leader builds a team around him/her of people that can handle the individual nuances of certain jobs. I think it is safe to say, based on the incompetence of this adminstration, he is not a good leader and has not built a good team.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Roland Deschain wrote: Business success is somehwat more appealing to those who support the TEA party.
You say a lot of stupid things, but that just may be the most stupid thing you've said yet. Spend some time at Chamber of Commerce meetings and you'll find that small proprietorships are often run by tea party types. Large successful businesses are more often run by liberals.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Roland Deschain wrote:
Just another imaginary list of things hambone has cooke up so he can shoot off his piehole.
[/quote]

Now there's a brilliant response. Being Governor is not a prerequisite for being president. You should have learned that in your middle school civics class.

O Really
Admiral

Governors come in two varieties, based on state law. You have the strong chief executive type with a lot of authority like, f'rinstance New York and Cali. Then you have the offices with little authority, like, ummm, Texas. Research it before you bring more fruit.

Roland Deschain
Wing commander

O Really wrote:Governors come in two varieties, based on state law. You have the strong chief executive type with a lot of authority like, f'rinstance New York and Cali. Then you have the offices with little authority, like, ummm, Texas. Research it before you bring more fruit.
I agree. State law does dictate how much power a governor has. Doesn't change the fact that the governor is still the "CEO" of a state and he/she can gain valuable insight into the operations of a government from the CEO's chair.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Roland Deschain wrote:
O Really wrote:
Roland Deschain wrote:
Apples and oranges for you as well...I said I looked a how a CANDIDATE stands on issues. What is a candidate gonna get accomplished prior to being elected? I did not say that the jobs were easy. However, a good leader builds a team around him/her of people that can handle the individual nuances of certain jobs. I think it is safe to say, based on the incompetence of this administration, he is not a good leader and has not built a good team.
Incompetence? Is Bin Laden dead? Is Ghadafi dead? Is Mubarak still in power? Is the war in Iraq over? Is the Dow twice what it was when Bush left office? Is the American Auto industry still about to go belly up? Is the housing crisis over? Is the deficit still at 10% of GDP like it was under Bush or is it at 4%? Did Obama triple the national debt like Reagan did? Is the American workforce loosing 800,000 jobs a month like we were under Bush? Or has the workforce grown every month for 35 months in a row?

See Son, while the people you support are shutting down the government and destroying the economy, the good guys are cleaning up after you. And were doing it while paying less taxes under Obama than we did under Reagan or Bush. Imagine what could be achieved if less time were spent cleaning up the mess you wing nuts make.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Roland Deschain wrote:
O Really wrote:Governors come in two varieties, based on state law. You have the strong chief executive type with a lot of authority like, f'rinstance New York and Cali. Then you have the offices with little authority, like, ummm, Texas. Research it before you bring more fruit.
I agree. State law does dictate how much power a governor has. Doesn't change the fact that the governor is still the "CEO" of a state and he/she can gain valuable insight into the operations of a government from the CEO's chair.
No one said otherwise dumb ass. But that doesn't mean it's the only way to become qualified. It would make sense for lawmakers to have a degree in law, don't you think? Makes more sense than their only qualification being that they've never actually done the job they're running for like all these non-experienced tea party candidates you idiots have fallen in love with.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Roland Deschain wrote:Care to tell me how many years obama served as a Governor?
Governor of Texas is a largely ceremonial position. And Bush II had no years served in federal politics.

(Bush II never once visited the Johnson Space Center during his six years as Governor. It's that sort of pathetic ignorance that made him the ideal choice for Republicons.)
Roland Deschain wrote:You'd think he would understand what it allows him to do a bit better.
Alas, he's stuck with what Congress will allow. It's hard to veto a law that infringes on constitutional rights when the Republicans attach it to the defense spending bill. Likewise signing an executive order on day one to close Gitmo was a another big improvement over the previous administration, but it was overruled in the senate.

As for your claims of ObamaCare somehow being unconstitutional - despite the personal mandate being Republican policy and delays in implementing a new law being standard practice for Republicans too, again, both the Supreme Court and a huge volume of precedents imply that you're trying to set some kind of record for being the most wrong.
Roland Deschain wrote:Just another imaginary list of things hambone has cooke up so he can shoot off his piehole.
I wasn't expecting a coherent response, and I didn't get one.

Roland Deschain
Wing commander

rstrong wrote:Governor of Texas is a largely ceremonial position. And Bush II had no years served in federal politics.

Notice you left out Cali and Mass....why is that??

I wasn't expecting a coherent response, and I didn't get one.

Well that goes both ways

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Ombudsman wrote:Incompetence? Is Bin Laden dead? Is Ghadafi dead? Is Mubarak still in power? Is the war in Iraq over? Is the Dow twice what it was when Bush left office? Is the American Auto industry still about to go belly up? Is the housing crisis over? Is the deficit still at 10% of GDP like it was under Bush or is it at 4%? Did Obama triple the national debt like Reagan did? Is the American workforce loosing 800,000 jobs a month like we were under Bush? Or has the workforce grown every month for 35 months in a row?
Just so. There's also the Hurricane Katrina response. A year ago "Heckuva Job Brownie" criticized Obama for responding to Hurricane Sandy "so quickly."

The problems with the ObamaCare website are eerily similar to the things that went wrong with the Medicare prescription D plan that Bush II rolled out. Few remember that - no less a fiasco than the ObamaCare roll-out - because it's just so far down the list of fiascos the last time the Republicans were in power.

Ombudsman
Ensign

rstrong wrote: Few remember that - no less a fiasco than the ObamaCare roll-out - because it's just so far down the list of fiascos the last time the Republicans were in power.
And then there's this.
Security researchers last week reported that hacker activists were distributing a software tool through social media sites that was designed to attack the site by performing requests to pull up several pages on HealthCare.gov.

The developers of the software - dubbed "Destroy Obama Care!" - said in remarks annotated in the tool that its purpose was to overload and crash the system, according to a screenshot posted by security researchers with Arbor Networks.

The Arbor Networks researchers said that the tool was unlikely to succeed in taking down the site because of weaknesses in its design.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/ ... 6M20131113

Those republicans are a real class act.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Roland Deschain wrote:
rstrong wrote:Governor of Texas is a largely ceremonial position. And Bush II had no years served in federal politics.

Notice you left out Cali and Mass....why is that??
Because it's not true in those states smart guy.
The main source of the relative weakness of the Texas Governor can be found in the historical conditions surrounding the Texas Constitution of 1876. Mindful of the experience of Reconstruction - the period after the Civil War when Republican governors wielded extensive executive powers and were resisted by conservative elites in the state - the authors of the new constitution sought to rein in future governors. They did so by dispersing power that might otherwise be lodged in the chief executive's hands among a vast array of independently elected officials. Broad powers over the legal system, state budget and finances, education, transportation, agriculture, public utilities, and land development are delegated to officials who need not share the policies nor even be of the same political party as the governor.

The dispersal of power among different officials creates what is often called the plural executive. Unlike the federal system, where the cabinet secretaries and the other top executive officers serve at the pleasure of the President, the voters elect the corresponding officials in the Texas system, giving the Governor no direct authority over them…

The constitutional definition of the governor's office is undeniably weaker than in almost all other states.
http://texaspolitics.laits.utexas.edu/1_1_0.html

O Really
Admiral

A governor's job has been historically one of the better rides to the White House. But regardless of office held, most have been lawyers at one point or another. It certainly isn't necessary to have a law background to be a memorable President, however. There are, for example, the engineers Herbert Hoover and James Earl Carter.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

George W. Bush as governor of Texas reminds me of the "Blazing Saddles" movie; hell, I bet they watched it on weekends in the mansion.