The car thread ...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: The car thread ...

Unread post by Mr.B »

I was happy with his opinion of me. Sorry some of your patients die...I can see why, they want to get away from you....kinda like they had to burn the school house down to get you out of the third grade. :D

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: This is your norm when you screw up®, as we're currently discussing in another thread.
It also is entirely irrelevant that your customer was a Jew. "Rube Goldberg devices" are a part of American culture.
Yep...American Jews.

"Reuben Lucius Goldberg was born July 4, 1883, in San Francisco, California, to Jewish parents Max and Hannah (Cohen) Goldberg."
I didn't coin the phrase, dummy, that's your screw up®. According to my late friend, (not customer...you screwed up® again) in the Jewish community, a Rube Goldberg design or repair was what is now commonly called jerry-rigging, jury-rigging, or (heaven forbid!) Afro-engineering.
(I could have added n----- rigging, but you might not have had a clean diaper handy, and I didn't want to take a chance of your fouling up the forum.)

Add this to your "Something else to piss and moan about" book.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I only just realized...

Maximum Overdrive is the prequel to Pixar's CARS.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote: "Add this to his whiny and irresponsible book."
Who are you telling to add this to my book? Those you hope you've impressed?
You're so stupid you'd climb over a glass wall to see what's on the other side.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

If I were in a hurry and liked what was on the other side of the glass wall, I'd just break it.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote:Anyone that wants to read it, of course. You're too insecure, whiny and irresponsible to keep your own book.
Vrede wrote:As always, Mr.B messes up and is so delicate that he just can't handle admitting it even when documentation that he's flubbed is provided.
You're so stupid you'd climb over a glass wall to see what's on the other side instead of using the door.
You're so stupid for thinking doors are built into a wall...or even attempting to think.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede wrote::lol: Most doors are built into walls, idiot, and I've even seen glass doors in glass walls, as have you.
..Depends on the type of wall...where's the door(s) in the Great Wall?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B wrote:
Vrede wrote: This is your norm when you screw up®, as we're currently discussing in another thread.
It also is entirely irrelevant that your customer was a Jew. "Rube Goldberg devices" are a part of American culture.
Yep...American Jews.

"Reuben Lucius Goldberg was born July 4, 1883, in San Francisco, California, to Jewish parents Max and Hannah (Cohen) Goldberg."
I didn't coin the phrase, dummy, that's your screw up®. According to my late friend, (not customer...you screwed up® again) in the Jewish community, a Rube Goldberg design or repair was what is now commonly called jerry-rigging, jury-rigging, or (heaven forbid!) Afro-engineering.
(I could have added n----- rigging, but you might not have had a clean diaper handy, and I didn't want to take a chance of your fouling up the forum.)

Add this to your "Something else to piss and moan about" book.
OferPetesSake - Rueben Goldberg might have been Jewish - or non-practicing, or Orthodox, or converted to Christianity. It doesn't matter, because the name "Rube Goldberg" and its meaning has nothing to do with his being Jewish, either in name or heritage. And it has nothing to do with "jerry-rigging" or whatever, that means doing something in a half-hazard manner with whatever materials are available. Read what his own (no, not really his since he's dead) says "Rube Goldberg" means.n... http://rubegoldberg.com/about

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote:So much for stereotyped Alabamians, huh.

Stereotypes are usually earned, but that doesn't mean everybody within a given demographic meets it. This was a very nice and honest guy, to whom I have been grateful over the years.

O Really
Admiral

One guy's opinion of the 10 most beautiful cars. I don't know that I agree all belong on the list, but they are some magnificent machines...
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most ... 015-3?op=1

O Really
Admiral

One guy's opinion of the 10 most beautiful cars. I don't know that I agree all belong on the list, but they are some magnificent machines...
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most ... 015-3?op=1

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Is it my imagination or are a disproportionate share of sub-speed limit vehicles, 10 or more cars stacked up behind, noncommercial, bed-empty pickups, often 8 bangers (compared to my 4)? If so, why do you think that is?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:Is it my imagination or are a disproportionate share of sub-speed limit vehicles, 10 or more cars stacked up behind, noncommercial, bed-empty pickups, often 8 bangers (compared to my 4)? If so, why do you think that is?
I haven't noticed that. At the front of the train, I usually expect to find some male or female Q-tip, hunched over, with a death grip on the wheel. Or sometimes a cop in an, ahem, ummm, "unmarked" car.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Is it my imagination or are a disproportionate share of sub-speed limit vehicles, 10 or more cars stacked up behind, noncommercial, bed-empty pickups, often 8 bangers (compared to my 4)? If so, why do you think that is?
I haven't noticed that. At the front of the train, I usually expect to find some male or female Q-tip, hunched over, with a death grip on the wheel. Or sometimes a cop in an, ahem, ummm, "unmarked" car.
Sometimes its not even really a cop, its a crown Vic with the spot light thing someone bought at an auction.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Interesting:
Toyota Camry Tops Ford F-150 as the Most American Made Car

Cars with at least 75 percent domestic content are becoming an endangered species, and for the first time in the American-Made Index’s nine-year history, the list has fewer than 10 cars.

1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I wonder who making a killing off all the plastic and Styrofoam for cars? I bought a 2012 Toyota Camry; if I had looked close and saw what I found after I bought it, it wouldn't have come in my yard.

Like most all cars today, the "bumpers" are Styrofoam covered in plastic, secured to the "metal" fenders with plastic push-pins. Several of the push-pins or the tabs that secure them, have broken off (out of warranty, of course). The only repair option I was given is to replace the "bumpers". I would have to take a second mortgage on my house to buy them!

My ingenuity, a drill, a few Tinnerman™ clips, Image some sheet-metal screws, and I was back in business.

The metal in the fenders is so thin, it only has one side. I have a roll of Reynolds foil that is heavier gauge than the "metal" in those fenders.
Cheap, cheap, cheap Japanese-owned American-made junk! :cussing:

It's unfortunate, and sad, that our manufacturing quality has come to this. I've been considering buying a new F-150 pickup. I saw a beautiful maroon truck at the local Ford dealer that really appealed to me. After I woke up in the hospital, I decided that truck would never be mine...
$48,769 ...!!

Uhhh...on second thought, I'd better hurry on down and buy it, especially after seeing the prices on the trucks listed on their website!
Here is their website
The one I want is the fourth one down....holy mackerel!
Last edited by Mr.B on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

O Really
Admiral

"American" vs. "foreign" used to have some meaning when 'Detroit iron" was a product of US based companies, doing final assembly as well as parts manufacturing in the US and BMW, for example, being owned by Germans and built in der Black Forest somewhere. With changing corporate ownership, parts manufactured worldwide, and final assembly done all over, the term has little practical meaning. To me, the "American car" is the one that provides the most jobs within the US, no matter who owns the company.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:"American" vs. "foreign" used to have some meaning when 'Detroit iron" was a product of US based companies, doing final assembly as well as parts manufacturing in the US and BMW, for example, being owned by Germans and built in der Black Forest somewhere. With changing corporate ownership, parts manufactured worldwide, and final assembly done all over, the term has little practical meaning. To me, the "American car" is the one that provides the most jobs within the US, no matter who owns the company.
Well put! Did you look at the link? :wtf:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'd hate to see their least "valuable resource".
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

He didn't believe his signage.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive