Tea Party Tumble

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Tea Party Tumble

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Tea Party Tumble

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Short of Al Queda or the Dallas Cowboys, no one deserves to fall faster or farther than the teatrash. But I refuse to overestimate the legions of the batshit crazy who vote for these loons.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

As I posted a year ago, in the long term is still good for the Tea Party.

Canada's Tea Party is currently running the country. America's Tea Party could do the same:

Canada in the 1990s
U.S. in the 2010s

The Conservative Party destroyed its brand.
The Republican Party destroyed it's brand.

The far right separated from the Conservative Party and formed the Reform Party.
With Republican moderates trying to make the Republican Party less of a far-right fantasy land, the Tea Party - with Fox News shaking its pom-poms for Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin - will separate from the Republican Party and form it's own party.

The Reform Party earned a reputation for racism, but eventually got those responsible to sit down and shut up.
The Tea Party earned a reputation for racism, but - already, mostly - eventually got those responsible to sit down and shut up.

With the vote on the right split, the Liberal Party won the next election.
With the vote on the right split, the Democrats win in 2016.

The Reform Party blamed the loss on the remaining Conservative party. And since extremists get more press than, er, conservatives, its their message that dominated the news. Most of the remaining Conservatives crossed over to the Reform Party.
Through Fox News support - and just by being the most extremist - the Tea Party gets all the press for the right. No-one pays attention to the Republicans. And so most of the remaining Republicans cross over to the Tea Party.

The Reform Party renamed itself the Conservative Party of Canada, got more of the extremists to shut up, and was soon running the country.
The Tea Party will rename itself the Republican Party. Roger Ailes's takeover of the Republican Party will be complete. THEN he will let it become moderate, and it will win in 2020.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

I thought it'd never happen, but I found someone from the Tea Party that wasn't batshit insane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRr42hxPx4