NFL Football

Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by Mr.B »

billy.pilgrim wrote:"Didn't I say that I could care less what Timmy does."
You did. FWIW, I don't care what he does either; we're not responsible for each other.

"He was a gator and played for a real scumbag enabler of a coach, so I never liked him."
That was your rightful choice.

"Bonus - you seem to think that he is some sort of christian idol."
Ummm...no. I idolize no one; I am no big fan of any sports figure, nor am I really a football fan anymore; however, I do RESPECT his life's spiritual choices. If he comes out as homosexual, then my opinion of him as a fellow human will not change, as I've said many times before my words were twisted to reflect different meanings. My personal opinion of his lifestyle would be that of a Bible-believing Christian.

"Lot of talk about urban having a tough time after the breakup. Who knows"
I assume you're speaking of Urban Meyer; I can only speculate what you're talking about; but I've not a clue as to your meaning.
I do not keep up with Tebow, I just happened to see that segment I posted, on Harry that my wife was watching at the time.

"Try this bb - google images - tebow kissing"
I've seen it before; you can hardly call a quick peck in a moment of exhilaration a "gay" kiss.
If I were to win the Powerball jackpot, I MIGHT even kiss Vrede ... (emphasis on might!)

"Damn if you have to scroll past hundreds before there are any girls."
I didn't notice until you made it known. To parrot your buddy, why are you so "obsessed" with Tim Tebow's sex life anyway? If you don't like him as a football player, so what? Why run him into the ground?

"ya see bb, Timmy is a lot like you, the Westboro freak and homerfobe; me thinks you protest too much."
Tim and I may be somewhat alike in our spiritual beliefs, Westborians are ultra-religious, Sharia-minded schizophrenics, and homerfobe, in my opinion, is a hate-filled, shock-jock troll who gets his kicks from tearing people apart.
I, being the only conservative and Christian left in this forum, simply defend myself and lash back at those who lash out at me and my beliefs.
Am I committing any sin? Yes I am. I shouldn't even be here according to Biblical standards as I am instructed to "have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove (criticize or correct) them".

"Timmy uses bible verses on his eyelids while you use this forum to attack good people"
This forum is bigger than my eyelids; and "good people" is a matter of opinion. If you go back, way back, you'll find that Vrede, k9nanny, and I were (somewhat)friends at one time. k9nanny once wrote "Most of us on BRN viewed you as a lovable old coot, even though we disagreed on a lot of stuff." My reply was "I took a hard look at myself and decided I had to clean up my act because I wasn't being what I proclaimed to be.......a Christian." Since then our "friendship" steadily declined to the point of non-existence, especially so because I would not change my Biblical views on homosexuality. To make a long, sad :crybaby: story short, replies to my posts got uglier and you know the rest of the story. Simply put billy, I rarely back down ... wherein my problems lie.

"And yes, I do get a kick out of watching hero preachers exposed for their drug use and gay lifestyle while hating others for being honest about theirs."
That is sad. Hate is a human trait that is embedded in all of us; hate is also embedded in the "kicks" YOU get, they're no different than the hate you have described. Preachers are lowly humans too, susceptible to the same life diseases, and life shortcomings as either you or myself. The "good people" you've described above exhibit their own form of "hate" when they attack my Christian beliefs or political opinions, and my retaliation is also a form of "hate"....Your feelings toward Tebow you described above is also a form of "hate".
Well, we done hijacked another thread...

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

but you'll never see timmy the same again.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:I've said many times before my words were twisted to reflect different meanings. My personal opinion of his lifestyle would be that of a Bible-believing Christian.[/color]
Only that of a Bible-believing Christian who happens to have cherry-picked bits of the Bible the way you have. Entire branches of Christianity disagree with you.
Mr.B wrote:Westborians are ultra-religious, Sharia-minded schizophrenics,
Or they're not religious at all, but use religion as a smoke screen for legal trolling. The point of picketing and protesting veterans' funerals is to engage in vile but legal behavior until some town or police force violates their rights. And then they sue.
Mr.B wrote:The "good people" you've described above exhibit their own form of "hate" when they attack my Christian beliefs
No-one is attacking your Christian beliefs. They're attacking your hate and bigotry, which you use your personal interpretation of Christianity to justify and shield yourself.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Reply moved to the Religion Thread due to off-topic discussion

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

rstrong wrote:... No-one is attacking your Christian beliefs....
... or his recent conversion to some Eastern religion and his odd belief that his god/s take sides in football games and monkeys with the stats in order to demonstrate his/her/their glory.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
rstrong wrote:... No-one is attacking your Christian beliefs....
... or his recent conversion to some Eastern religion and his odd belief that his god/s take sides in football games and monkeys with the stats in order to demonstrate his/her/their glory.

I think we may be onto who deflated the balls. Too bad he didn't have the power to reinflate before it was intercepted and discovered to be illegal.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Gale Sayers battling dementia, with a familiar refrain: ‘Yes, a part of this has to be on football'

Crap, he was a childhood favorite. I still vividly remember watching:
Brian's Song

Brian's Song is a 1971 ABC Movie of the Week that recounts the details of the life of Brian Piccolo (played by James Caan), a Wake Forest University football player stricken with terminal cancer after turning pro, told through his friendship with Chicago Bears running back, teammate and Pro Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers (Billy Dee Williams). Piccolo's and Sayers's sharply differing temperaments and racial backgrounds made them unlikely to become as close friends as they did, including becoming the first interracial roommates in the history of the National Football League, and the film chronicles the evolution of their friendship.... Critics have called the movie one of the finest telefilms ever made. A 2005 readers poll taken by Entertainment Weekly ranked 'Brian's Song' seventh in its list of the top "guy-cry" films ever made.

The movie is based on Sayers' account of his friendship with Piccolo and coping with Piccolo's illness in Sayers' autobiography, I Am Third....
"guy-cry" :D , never heard the phrase before, but it fits.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

billy.pilgrim wrote:Everybody dance now

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... tion-rules
One of the things I have always most despised about pro football.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:Everybody dance now

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... tion-rules
One of the things I have always most despised about pro football.

Agreed, but this may be entertaining. Long as it doesn't come to the SEC I really don't care.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

What is it you guys don't like - the rule against celebrations or the celebrations. I like the celebrations, myself, and think the restrictions they've had are part of why they're the No Fun League.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:What is it you guys don't like - the rule against celebrations or the celebrations. I like the celebrations, myself, and think the restrictions they've had are part of why they're the No Fun League.
I don't really watch pro sports so mostly I only see the outrageous stuff that reaches the news.

As I said, this rule fix may offer some interesting entertainment in the nfl.

I don't think it should be a part of college football

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Bride surprises father by wearing Chicago Bears-themed wedding dress for their dance

Comments:
Weddings are the only place Bears fans will see a ring ceremony.
When she threw the bouquet it was intercepted and returned for a TD.
She will change the lead man in her life three more times in the next ten years.
I give her marriage a 3-13 chance of working out in 2017.
That's the longest I've seen someone in a Bears uniform stand up without being tackled.
Considering what the NFL charges for official apparel these days the real wedding dress was probably cheaper.
Rumor has it, that after she threw the bouquet, the bears contacted her for a tryout......They figured she couldn't do any worse than Glennon.
That marriage is now cursed!
Would've been worse if it was the Bills.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

The truth is painful, at least someone gets some joy from the Staley's.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:12 am
The truth is painful, at least someone gets some joy from the Staley's.
Seems like all of the wedding party and guests, tens of thousands that have now heard about the wedding, and even many of Da Bears fans that made a point of posting that they laughed at the jokes above. I'll bet a lot of teams have never had a wedding dress even made. It's only been 31 years, I doubt they'll break the city record. :P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Cute story, but a real fan would have worn it for the ceremony and not just at the reception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiXAUHLmv4k

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:59 pm
Cute story, but a real fan would have worn it for the ceremony and not just at the reception....
To be fair, we don't know which team the groom roots for.
1312. ETTD.