Golf (yeah, golf)

rstrong
Captain

Re: Golf (yeah, golf)

Unread post by rstrong »

Golf is an expensive way of playing marbles.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Phil Mickelson's ad goes viral
https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/201 ... ad-vpx.hln

Dad bod extraordinaire....
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:45 pm
Phil Mickelson's ad goes viral
https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/201 ... ad-vpx.hln

Dad bod extraordinaire....
:lol: Here's the full ad:

Mizzen+Main | The Phil Mickelson Dance
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://youtu.be/3BNrJMfjHJQ

Vrede, instead to all that Dance show on tv, you could be out on the links watching

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:54 am

Vrede, instead to all that Dance show on tv, you could be out on the links watching
Yeah right, THAT will make it more interesting.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Fuck Tiger. I really can't fogive him.

https://people.com/sports/tiger-woods-d ... riendship/
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Me either, but even ifI did, I still haven't ever been a fan. I don't mind his dominating the sport when he was, but it's just way past annoying how all the coverage is all Tiger all the time.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:28 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Me either, but even ifI did, I still haven't ever been a fan. I don't mind his dominating the sport when he was, but it's just way past annoying how all the coverage is all Tiger all the time.
TV news says it's still the fans, too. Chicken - egg? As an example they used the crowd roar when he topped the leader board today.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I don't know about chickens and eggs, and I know that Tiger has been the best known name in golf for years, and the one most likely to have a huge gallery, win or not. What I'm talking about is to have a given tournament and the only readily available report is about Tiger even if he's not anywhere around the lead. A few tournaments ago, I saw headlines saying "Tiger has hot 70 on first round" not mentioning that the 70 left him in 30-something place. The next day, it was "Tiger on the move" but then after that, nobody had a headline saying "Tiger misses cut." And nowhere in those Tiger articles did I see anything about who was actually leading, or a link to the real leaderboard. Pick any other sport, and the most popular player in it. Sure they get more coverage, but the rest of the game gets covered too. Can you imagine an article about how many points LeBron scored without telling the score or anything about anybody else?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yeah, I'm not approving, just wondering if they're satisfying the readers/viewers. To be honest, I don't really care about golf or like Tiger, but I pay more attention to Tiger stories than any other golf stories. Can't really say why - holdover from when he was truly amazing and not yet a known jerk?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
17m
Spoke to
@TigerWoods
to congratulate him on the great victory he had in yesterday’s
@TheMasters
, & to inform him that because of his incredible Success & Comeback in Sports (Golf) and, more importantly, LIFE, I will be presenting him with the PRESIDENTIAL MEDAL OF FREEDOM!
Good fucking Lord.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think the best golf story I ever read was the one where his ex wife Elin put a golf club though one of the windows of his car. I bet she looked good doing it, too. Second best was the cop dashcam video of him being arrested for DWI. Third best was the time Jack Nicholson whomped hell out of the hood of a Mercedes with a golf club. There's just such an enormous swing between high drama and excruciating boredom in this golf gig I could never go for it without some sort of drug dependence.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:29 pm
I think the best golf story I ever read was the one where his ex wife Elin put a golf club though one of the windows of his car. I bet she looked good doing it, too. Second best was the cop dashcam video of him being arrested for DWI. Third best was the time Jack Nicholson whomped hell out of the hood of a Mercedes with a golf club. There's just such an enormous swing between high drama and excruciating boredom in this golf gig I could never go for it without some sort of drug dependence.
:thumbup: A long birdie can be kinda cool, but the game is only truly exciting when a spectator gets nailed or the ball lands next to an alligator.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:56 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
:thumbup: A long birdie can be kinda cool, but the game is only truly exciting when a spectator gets nailed or the ball lands next to an alligator.
Very true. I have often thought that the holes on the putting greens are way too big; they should be only about 1/8" diameter larger than the diameter of the ball. This would weed out the marginal players and cut way down on hole in one shots. trump wants to make the holes the size of a fucking basketball, though. MAGA (make all golf accessible) Bullshit.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:56 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
I don't play or watch but I can read that Auburn beat bammer by 29 strokes.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Is anybody but Tiger expected to play in this weekend's Open? Can't seem to find any coverage. :roll:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

We're in the midst of something that's pretty serious right now, and the fact that he's trying to politicize it and make it a campaign rally and say that we've administered the most tests in the world like it's a contest—there's some stuff that just is terrible, and it's not the way a leader should act. There is a bit of sort of diplomacy that you need to show, and I just don't think he's showing that, especially in these times. ... I don't know if he'd want to play with me again after what I just said. ... But no, I probably wouldn't."

-- Rory McIlroy
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/289 ... peditorial

:---P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

It's high desperation for sports reporting when a fart becomes news. Nevertheless...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ian-po ... ampionship

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:18 am
It's high desperation for sports reporting when a fart becomes news. Nevertheless...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ian-po ... ampionship
That's pretty freaking funny.