College basketball

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: College basketball

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Athletes need to realise that shoplifting should be done in the US, preferably in Florida - ask notime Shamus or Dion.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Bama out scored the #14 team 30 to 22 during the last 10+ minutes with only 3 players.

Almost makes me want to say roll tide
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Still missing our two best players after the asshat coach was indicted, but we are up 47-24 over UConn at the half.

Edit

Lot of season left, but we are 11 - 1 for the first time in a long time.

Edit

#21 this morning

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:41 pm
Still missing our two best players after the asshat coach was indicted, but we are up 47-24 over UConn at the half.

Edit

Lot of season left, but we are 11 - 1 for the first time in a long time.

Edit

#21 this morning
the 21 should have been a 27

12 - 1 now - best start in maybe forever

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Damn, 14 and 1. Pretty good start and still no word on our missing two top players thanks to coach moron Persons. Sure wish they would go ahead and release why Wiley can't play.

Who knows, maybe it's the pressure of losing two starters that has turned these guys into a team.

12 straight wins and the last two were #23 Tenn and #22 Ark

Not bad at all for a usually not so hot Auburn team.

#11 in ESPN's RPI

http://m.espn.com/ncb/rpi

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

13 straight, 14 - 1 overall.
Sometimes losing your best player brings the rest of the team together. We have been without two top starters all season and are doing things we haven't done in 30 years.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Longest win streak in NCAA

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

15-1, but only ranked AP 22, Coaches 24, RPI 9. Must be that crappy nonconference schedule. :P Being SEC doesn't help, either. Only ranked team left is #21 Kentucky. Oh well, definitely playing good enough to make the tourney, we'll see then.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:23 pm
15-1, but only ranked AP 22, Coaches 24, RPI 9. Must be that crappy nonconference schedule. :P Being SEC doesn't help, either. Only ranked team left is #21 Kentucky. Oh well, definitely playing good enough to make the tourney, we'll see then.
As I have been saying, there's a lot of season left and being where we are is a rare occurrence. I don't follow basketball enough to know how our non-confrence stacks up.

During the game they said something about seven sec teams being in the top 40. Not sure if that was ap or rpi. Could be the sec is beating itself up for the coveted #20 spot. We beat #21 and #22 to get to our #22 ranking.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:49 am
As I have been saying, there's a lot of season left and being where we are is a rare occurrence. I don't follow basketball enough to know how our non-confrence stacks up.

None ranked. None are perpetual powerhouses other than UConn, which is so-so this year.

During the game they said something about seven sec teams being in the top 40. Not sure if that was ap or rpi.

Could be, I just looked at top 25 - only Auburn, Kentucky and Tennessee. Other than Kentucky and Florida the SEC is usually weak in hoops.

Could be the sec is beating itself up for the coveted #20 spot.

>>> :lol: :thumbup: <<<

We beat #21 and #22 to get to our #22 ranking.

Saw that, congrats.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ark was 22 when we played them

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Tenn (we beat) is back in at 21. I don't know if they have been ranked, but we also beat a good MTSU team - they have wins over ranked teams.

I had big hopes last year that we could at least get in the tournament, but when we lost Wiley and Purifoy I thought all chances were over. Both were starters, Wiley is our big kid who graduated high school early last winter and started playing with us mid season.
They ruled on Wiley Friday. One year suspension and he's already picked to go first round draft.

Dumbass parents.

But the rest of the team is so far, so good and I'm back to being excited to see Auburn doing something we haven't done in a long time - until money, greed, stupid parents and stupid coaches screw it up again.

We play bammer next.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

It had to end, but why at UAt. We missed 7 or 8 foul shots in the last 3 minutes. We never miss foul shots.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

18 and 2, this team is looking like the real deal. We are supposed to get the ncaa decision on our big guy by next week. As much as we need someone big, the team works without him.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Highest points per game of any SEC team in 20 years. Not bad for a little team.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I sure hope Pearl is clean - he's damn sure fun to watch - even when he punches his point guard.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... =BBEPWe0|7

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:11 pm
I sure hope Pearl is clean - he's damn sure fun to watch - even when he punches his point guard.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... =BBEPWe0|7
:lol: He looked dazed, should have initiated the concussion protocol. ;)
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

#11 and only 2 teams with fewer losses.

Not bad, not bad at all. Biggest problem is we don't have any real height without Wiley and there ain't much depth.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:23 pm

Not bad, not bad at all. Biggest problem is we don't have any real height without Wiley and there ain't much depth.
RPI Rankings #6!

If they can beat #21 Kentucky on 2/14 and #23 Florida on 2/24, they should make the AP & Coaches top 10s and get a great NCAA seed.

There aren't any teams that I love that are doing very well, I may have to root for AP #4 Dook. #5 Michigan State may get a lot of spillover gymnastics hate thrown their way, too bad for the players.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:09 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:23 pm

RPI Rankings #6!

If they can beat #21 Kentucky on 2/14 and #23 Florida on 2/24, they should make the AP & Coaches top 10s and get a great NCAA seed.

There aren't any teams that I love that are doing very well, I may have to root for AP #4 Dook. #5 Michigan State may get a lot of spillover gymnastics hate thrown their way, too bad for the players.

I'm still having a hard time accepting that we are winning like we have been. Kentucky and Florida will be about as good a test as we have in front of us. I wonder how we will play against teams from stronger conferences.

And we are so damn small. Still a chance we get Wiley back this week.