Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: sex, lies and where was the ncaa and emmert

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:37 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am
The MSU president is gone, I'm not sure who else.
Yeah, people come and go. Not really a big deal.

Not saying they are worse than others - only that it's time for an example.

End all sports there, or just take away their accreditation. Other schools will immediately pay attention.
There's also criminal charges to make them notice. No mention of NCAA accountability, but:
Ex-Michigan State president charged with lying to police about Larry Nassar

Former Michigan State University President Lou Anna Simon has been charged with lying to police conducting an investigation of Larry Nassar’s sexual abuse.

Simon, who resigned in January over the scandal, was charged Tuesday with two felonies and two misdemeanors.

She is now the fourth person other than Nassar to face criminal charges related to his serial molestation of young female athletes under the guise of treatment. Numerous other people have lost their jobs or been sued....

If convicted, Simon faces up to four years in prison....
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:43 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:37 am
Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am
The MSU president is gone, I'm not sure who else.
Yeah, people come and go. Not really a big deal.

Not saying they are worse than others - only that it's time for an example.

End all sports there, or just take away their accreditation. Other schools will immediately pay attention.
There's also criminal charges to make them notice. No mention of NCAA accountability, but:
Ex-Michigan State president charged with lying to police about Larry Nassar

Former Michigan State University President Lou Anna Simon has been charged with lying to police conducting an investigation of Larry Nassar’s sexual abuse.

Simon, who resigned in January over the scandal, was charged Tuesday with two felonies and two misdemeanors.

She is now the fourth person other than Nassar to face criminal charges related to his serial molestation of young female athletes under the guise of treatment. Numerous other people have lost their jobs or been sued....

If convicted, Simon faces up to four years in prison....
others will pay attention if it's 4 years
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

She'll plead to some misdemeanor and get turned loose. Maybe less a little money. Maybe some community service or probation. No way they're going to send a white collar white female to jail for four years over lying to the cops. Now if she was black and male...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:53 pm
She'll plead to some misdemeanor and get turned loose. Maybe less a little money. Maybe some community service or probation. No way they're going to send a white collar white female to jail for four years over lying to the cops. Now if she was black and male...
I make no predictions, but with the international outrage and the victims being scores of mostly white girls . . .
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:55 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:53 pm
I make no predictions, but with the international outrage and the victims being scores of mostly white girls . . .
"International outrage" in some circles, I suppose, but in the overall scheme of things it's just one more on the pile of pervert priests, dead kids, criminally corrupt politicians, and Bobby Bones ferpetesake winning Dancing with Stars.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:41 pm
"International outrage" in some circles, I suppose, but in the overall scheme of things it's just one more on the pile of pervert priests, dead kids, criminally corrupt politicians, and Bobby Bones ferpetesake winning Dancing with Stars.
True, but we're talking about one DA and maybe one judge and 12 jurors that will be dealing with THIS abomination, not all of those other ones. We'll see.

My mistake, it was "hundreds" of victims.

U.S. Olympic Committee seeks to revoke USA Gymnastics as a national governing body
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:09 pm

True, but we're talking about one DA and maybe one judge and 12 jurors that will be dealing with THIS abomination, not all of those other ones. We'll see.
Yes, and I know - different time and place - but how many actually went to jail for the Penn State mess? I think that would be only the direct doer, Sandusky.

O Really
Admiral

:oops: OK, so I was wrong. Once in a lifetime isn't too bad. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:25 am
Hillary. :P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:33 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:25 am
Hillary. :P
That was a whole lifetime ago.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

U.S. Gymnastics, reeling from abuse scandal, files for bankruptcy

USA Gymnastics, the sport's governing body, filed for bankruptcy on Wednesday, the latest blow for an organization that has struggled to recover from scandal after former national team doctor Larry Nassar sexually abused hundreds of gymnasts.

The organization filed for protection from creditors in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Indianapolis, according to court records.

"Our organization is a financially solid going concern but for the hundred lawsuits that we do have out there," Kathryn Carson, the chairwoman of the USAG board, said on a conference call with reporters. "That is the primary reason that we made this filing, to use the Chapter 11 process as a vehicle for resolving those claims." ...
Translation: We're going to keep making money, after we further damage the abused girls.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:32 pm

USA Gymnastics, the sport's governing body, filed for bankruptcy on Wednesday, the latest blow for an organization that has struggled to recover from scandal after former national team doctor Larry Nassar sexually abused hundreds of gymnasts.

The organization filed for protection from creditors in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Indianapolis, according to court records.

"Our organization is a financially solid going concern but for the hundred lawsuits that we do have out there," Kathryn Carson, the chairwoman of the USAG board, said on a conference call with reporters. "That is the primary reason that we made this filing, to use the Chapter 11 process as a vehicle for resolving those claims." ...
Translation: We're going to keep making money, after we further damage the abused girls.
You missed your calling. Spot on translation.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am
Another one bites the dust after less than a year on the job:
(GOP) Ex-Michigan governor says he will resign university post in Nassar fallout

Michigan State University’s interim president John Engler said on Wednesday he would resign following renewed criticism of how he handled the fallout from the sex abuse scandal involving sports doctor Larry Nassar.

... Board chair Dianne Byrum had called a meeting on Thursday to discuss firing Engler, a three-time former governor of Michigan, after he told the Detroit News that some of Nassar’s victims were “enjoying” being in the spotlight....

Several board members have spoken out against Engler over his treatment of Nassar’s victims.

Michigan State’s Board of Trustees president Dianne Byrum said on Twitter on Friday, after the Detroit News published Engler’s interview, “John Engler does not speak for the Board and does not have a vote.”

MSU board member Brian Mosallam tweeted on Wednesday: “JOHN ENGLER’S REIGN OF TERROR IS OVER....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

She Warned MSU About Larry Nassar. Now She Wants To Fix The System That Silenced Her.
Amanda Thomashow filed a Title IX complaint against the Michigan State University team trainer in 2014 — but no one listened.

... It wasn’t until two years later, when a second woman filed a Title IX report with MSU complaining about Nassar’s behavior, that the school took a better look at her accusations. The university found that Thomashow had been right about Nassar all along....

“Being in that courtroom, I felt the purpose of my life shifting,” she told me, a year almost to the day after the historic sentencing that put Nassar behind bars for 40 to 175 years.

“I lived for years wondering if I was alone, if he had hurt other people, hoping that he hadn’t,” she said. “But then, all of a sudden, I was sitting there with hundreds of other survivors and I thought: I have to stop this. I have to do everything I can to stop this from ever happening again.”

... Today, Thomashow is a campus sexual assault coordinator for the Michigan Domestic and Sexual Violence Prevention and Treatment Board. She collaborates with colleges across the state to create sexual violence prevention programming, and works on centering survivors in each project she pursues. Fittingly, Thomashow works with victims from Michigan State, the same campus where she was assaulted.

“It appears that we as a society favor money over human lives, and our rules reinforce that,” Thomashow said as our conversation veered toward Betsy DeVos’ new Title IX guidelines, which the education secretary proposed in November.

The proposal prioritizes schools and institutions over sexual assault victims by making it harder to report gender-based violence. One of the key provisions many have criticized is that universities would only be responsible for misconduct that occurs on campus.

Under these new guidelines, Thomashow would not have been able to file her 2014 Title IX complaint, one of the key developments that led to Nassar’s downfall.

“I was a block away from campus in an MSU building, with an MSU doctor, as an MSU student, with an MSU resident that was asked to leave the room right before I was assaulted,” she said. “But it wasn’t in the capacity as a student, and it wasn’t on campus, so the university would have been able to shirk responsibility for my abuse under the new guidelines.”

Nassar could still be practicing medicine today if those guidelines were in place while she was a student. And that’s why, Thomashow said, she continues to do the work she does....
FU, Betsy DeVos.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Another one:
Ohio State team doctor sexually abused 177 men while school officials failed to act, per report

Ohio State University released the findings of an independent investigation on Friday which concluded that former team physician Dr. Richard Strauss abused at least 177 men in 16 sports from 1979 to 1997. Additionally, the investigation found that school officials knew and failed to investigate or stop him in any way.

The accusations

Accusations against Strauss, who retired from OSU in 1998 and committed suicide in 2005, run the gamut. He’s been accused of groping and fondling, performing unnecessary and prolonged genital and rectal examinations (sometimes without gloves), performing unwanted oral sex, requiring unnecessary nudity during examinations, making inappropriate comments to patients, and in many cases completely abandoning his mandate as a physician.

At least one student accused Strauss of forcing him to endure an excruciating tweezer “procedure” on his genitals in the guise of treating an STD, but was not given any medication or follow-up instructions after he fled the office in pain. Others went to Strauss seeking medical care only to have their issues go untreated. Strauss, who had been given the nickname “Dr. Jelly Paws,” was also known to shower with student athletes and loiter in the locker room, where he would watch them dressing and undressing.

Did the athletics department know?

Student-athletes interviewed by investigators recalled numerous instances of athletics department personnel witnessing Strauss’ behavior first hand, or being present for conversations about it. Students openly discussed Strauss’ examination methods and loitering in the locker room in the presence of athletics department personnel. Students also raised concerns about Strauss with assistant and associate athletic directors, two head team physicians, and a head team trainer, but nothing was ever done....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:

It ain't over.

Simone Biles to USA Gymnastics: 'You literally had one job and you couldn't protect us'

:(
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Former USA Gymnastics Coach Charged With Abuse Dies By Suicide

A former USA Gymnastics coach charged Thursday morning with two dozen criminal charges, died by suicide hours later, the Michigan state attorney general confirmed.

John Geddert, 63, was accused of human trafficking, forced labor and sexual misconduct, among other crimes.

In a statement Thursday, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said: "My office has been notified that the body of John Geddert was found late this afternoon after taking his own life. This is a tragic end to a tragic story for everyone involved."
Not so "tragic" to me.
Geddert served as head coach for the 2012 U.S. women's Olympic gymnastics team that took home the team gold medal in London. He also owned a Lansing, Mich.,-area elite training facility called Twistars....

Nessel declined to give a specific number of victims other than to say the figure was "less than 50 and they are all minors."

The charges against Geddert were as follows:

14 counts of human trafficking - forced labor resulting in injury, a 15-year felony;
Six counts of human trafficking of a minor for forced labor, a 20-year felony;
One count of continuing criminal enterprise, a 20-year felony;
One count of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, a life offense felony;
One count of second-degree criminal sexual conduct, a 15-year felony; and
One count of lying to a peace officer during a violent crime investigation, a four-year felony

... Geddert had been a renowned figure in elite gymnastics for coaching the so-called "fierce five" line-up on the 2012 women's team that included McKayla Maroney, Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman, Kyla Ross and Jordyn Wieber, Michigan Radio reports.

The station adds that Geddert was also known for his close relationship with Larry Nassar, the former USA Gymnastics national team physician who was convicted of dozens of cases of sexual abuse. The two were friends and business associates and three of Nassar's sexual assault convictions occurred at Twistars....
Buh-bye. :wave:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:53 pm
How does this happen for so long?
Must be something about MDs and admins at Michigan public univs.

Michigan failed to act on warning signs as doctor molested athletes for decades, report finds

:x
1312. ETTD.