College football

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: College football

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Boatrocker wrote:Aubbies need a Strength and Conditioning staff, maybe. Injuries are becoming more common and more debilitating.
We are much improved there. Both running backs have been on and off with same injuries.

Sean was in good shape to play and conditioning probably wouldn't have prevented the broken arm.

It's just been a year of tough breaks. What was it - 5 or 6 times y'all fumbled in the 1st quarter and each one bounced into a bammer's arms. Depending on how you look at it, that's either real bad luck or real good luck.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Luck comes and goes- both ways. Like the Auburn pass that bounced off the intended receiver's helmet and dropped into the arms of the guy already running the right way.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:Luck comes and goes- both ways. Like the Auburn pass that bounced off the intended receiver's helmet and dropped into the arms of the guy already running the right way.

In no way do I discredit your team. I had always loved the rivelery until Saban and I am gradually coming around to him.

It's the less than educated alabama fan, the harvey updykes, the ones who have never seen a game but will fight till the death for Alabama that I can't stand. They aren't fans any more than trumpettes are astute voters.

The real fans I love and can't wait till we beat you next year. You have to admit that having 5 or 6 fumiles bounce right back into the runners arms or roll for positive yardage does strain the meaning of luck.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:Luck comes and goes- both ways. Like the Auburn pass that bounced off the intended receiver's helmet and dropped into the arms of the guy already running the right way.

In no way do I discredit your team. I had always loved the rivelery until Saban and I am gradually coming around to him.

It's the less than educated alabama fan, the harvey updykes, the ones who have never seen a game but will fight till the death for Alabama that I can't stand. They aren't fans any more than trumpettes are astute voters.

The real fans I love and can't wait till we beat you next year. You have to admit that having 5 or 6 fumiles bounce right back into the runners arms or roll for positive yardage does strain the meaning of luck.
Hey, luck counts.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Hey, luck counts.
That it does. I just enjoy it so much more when it goes my way.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Yeah. Most of us do. Us humans, anyhow.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:Yeah. Most of us do. Us humans, anyhow.
not 100% sure why, but I'm cheering for the bammers tonight. please don't tell my sisters.
I guess it's just dabo as I have always been at least ambivalent about Clemson. and it was AU that taught them the game, gave them their first unifirms, their mascot and their first 2 coaches.

so, roll tide

and to Jordan #16 - have a great game.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Interesting article here about why SEC fans should root against Alabama. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /96219078/

As far as I'm concerned, they can both lose. But I'll hold my nose and root for Clemson.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Wow, AL up by only 3 with 14 minutes left. Good game.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Hah, 6 point underdog Clemson lead with 4 1/2 left, AL leads by three again 1 3/4 minutes later. Really good game. When's the last time anyone threw for 420 yards and 3 TDs vs. AL?

And with 1 second left King Crimson is slain. Congrats, Tiger (sort of) fans.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:Hah, 6 point underdog Clemson lead with 4 1/2 left, AL leads by three again 1 3/4 minutes later. Really good game. When's the last time anyone threw for 420 yards and 3 TDs vs. AL?

And with 1 second left King Crimson is slain. Congrats, Tiger (sort of) fans.

Other than dropped 3rd down pass, Jordan had a great game.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'll say, he led the team in yards on just 7 catches. Not bad for a TE. Plus, he's got the win.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/clemson- ... 701090073/
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:I'll say, he led the team in yards on just 7 catches. Not bad for a TE. Plus, he's got the win.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/clemson- ... 701090073/

He was on my kids rec league b-ball team for several years. I sat with his dad through practices and games.

He and older brother Brad were by far the best talent on the teams, but always looked for opportunity to help the other kids shine. We were undefeated the year both were on my kid's team.

Hate it for the bammers, but am happy for Jordan and his great family.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

My other school. Dad went there and Mom, Dad and I all worked there during our careers.

It was a once great school and a top law school until tough times had them sell the law school. After a long downhill slide it regained university accreditation and continues as a minor private college - in a large part to Jeanette Rudy. She was wealthy from family sausage business and then she sold the old family farm to Opryland for the park expansion and the hotel. She built and renovated several buildings on campus.

We went 5 and 6 this year.

http://www.gocumberlandathletics.com/football/history/

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Good, ball-busting game, with no obvious anal groping. Clemson played well, played best. Congrats to them; they're in all the crosshairs, now.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

with no obvious anal groping.
Sorry your obsession was disappointing. Great game; I'm a fan of both teams.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:Good, ball-busting game, with no obvious anal groping. Clemson played well, played best. Congrats to them; they're in all the crosshairs, now.

I just heard AU is supposed to hire the your OC as our OC - nevermind the couple weeks as HC of nobody school.

I've never liked him, hope it's just a rumor

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Ain't heard that one, yet. Sounds like very wishful thinking, but who the hell knows?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

they can't be helped. They use bammers for refs in the SEC and the one holding call (1st this century) was more than they could stand