College football

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: College football

Unread post by Vrede too »

Go Bama +7.5 at home, but only because they're playing FSU.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:30 pm
Go Bama +7.5 at home, but only because they're playing FSU.
I won't be watching; there is a more important game at the same time.

I wish they never started the OT bs. A tie here would be my choice.

I can't find any info on which conference supplies the refs. If sec, then watch for missed holding calls against bammer.

WDE
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:15 am
I won't be watching; there is a more important game at the same time.... WDE

Go Georgia Southern +34 vs #12 Auburn. :P Bama is #1, FSU is #3.

Weird, FSU is favored by 7.5 at Bama in the Yahoo! system we use, but Bama is really favored by 7 by Vegas.
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/
I wonder if some of our players will flub through not double checking.

I wish they never started the OT bs. A tie here would be my choice.

:D Zero-zero :thumbup:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:15 am
... I can't find any info on which conference supplies the refs....
Just a blog, so they might all be wrong.
http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/692 ... all-games/
Actually, for most (all?) non-conference games, the visiting team's conference officials work the game. The real question is who officiates road games for independent teams.
Sometimes a neutral crew is agreed upon by the schools.
It depends on what the schools agree to when they schedule these games.

Some will agree to using the home team's conference officials (usually when it's a home-and-home matchup that involves cross-country matchups), while others will use the visiting team's conference officials (regional home-and-home matchups, or annual interconference matchups). If it's a one-time matchup, they'll usually go with the home team's conference.
I meant to mention this in my other post, but there are times when you'll have one conference staffing the officials, and the other conference supplies the staffing for the replay booth and chain gang. In the past few years, when UGA has played at Georgia Tech, it'll be an ACC crew in the replay booth, but an SEC crew on the field.
During the Michigan-EMU game, the tv crew was talking about how there is a Midwestern Officials Association made up of referees from a bunch of conferences. For non-conference games in that region, this association takes over many games.
Go Appalachian St. +14.5 vs #15 Georgia.

Ms. O Really, go #8 Washington -27.5 vs Rutgers!
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

refs score 3 for bammer (Lawson is #55)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=al ... ORM=VRDGAR

it ain't just every now and then that they don't call holding against bammer
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not disagreeing with you, but why would SEC refs favor AL over Auburn? Does AL have more power within the conference?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:00 pm
Not disagreeing with you, but why would SEC refs favor AL over Auburn? Does AL have more power within the conference?

Yes - and not just Auburn, ask an LSU fan. Big money in getting Bama to the championship game Holding calls are all but nonexistent against Bama while the number of dick calls against an opposing team sure seem one-sided.

Granted, bama is the most talented and likely has the best chance of bringing another title to the sec, but all deserve a fair shot at beating them.

Boat disagrees with all the above.

So it goes.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:00 pm
NO, but that's a popular fantasy/nightmare among the barners and the LSWho-siers.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:57 pm
. . . Holding calls are all but nonexistent against Bama while the number of dick calls against an opposing team sure seem one-sided. . . . .
Actually, the facts disagree with that. Unless you're referring to alternative facts. :wave:
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Now, now, can we all just agree that the SEC cheats?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:44 am
... Ms. O Really, go #8 Washington -27.5 vs Rutgers!
Missed the spread, but looked like they could have lost early on.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:51 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:57 pm
. . . Holding calls are all but nonexistent against Bama while the number of dick calls against an opposing team sure seem one-sided. . . . .
Actually, the facts disagree with that. Unless you're referring to alternative facts. :wave:
sorry Boat, we're just simple farm boys, but we did learn all about alternative facts from you bammers.

what is it y'all claim now? - is it 14 or 15 national titles? might as well claim a hundred, they are mostly all alternative facts

1941 is downright special -retroactively awarded by something called the Football Thesaurus

https://spittingfire.wordpress.com/2008 ... pionships/

1925 National Championship- Alabama claims they share this one with Dartmouth. Who awarded the NC? Houlgate and Helms. Houlgate started his system in 1927. So Bama won their 1925 NC using a formula that didn’t exist until 1927? Helms Athletic Foundation started in 1941. Another incredible retroactive NC.
The Associated Press Poll has been active since 1936. The AP took their final poll prior to bowl games from 1936 – 1964 and in 1966 and 1967. They took their final poll after the bowl games in 1965 and from 1968 – Current.
1926 National Championship- Alabama claims they share this one with 3 other teams with equal or better records! Once again it is the Helms Athletic Foundation in 1941 that awards it!
1930 National Championship- The Davis poll says that Bama tied Notre Dame for NC this year. This was the only one to award it to Bama. Notre Dame was named NC in 6 polls! Parke Davis is another retroactive system! He (an individual, not an organization) did his in 1933!
1934 National Championship- Alabama says they share this with two other teams. The awarders are Dunkel, Williamson, and Football Thesaurus. Dunkel was an individual who came up with his own system. Williamson was a geologist who came up with his own system. Football Thesaurus first appeared in 1946!

1941 National Championship- This is a complete joke. The AP ranked Alabama 20th in the nation with 14 teams with better records in the top 20. Once again it is the Football Thesaurus that retroactively awards it. Alabama finished 3rd* in the SEC that year. Mississippi State won the SEC title..yet Bama claims a National title!

1961 National Championship- Finally a legitimate NC. .
1964 National Championship- While the AP did award the NC to Bama (10-1-0), Arkansas had the better record, 11-0. Alabama played Texas in their bowl and LOST. The AP final poll was before the bowl.

1965 National Championship- The AP gave this to Bama. That year there were three teams with better records than Bama. Bama 9-1-1, Michigan St 10-1-0, Arkansas 10-1-0, Nebraska 10-1-0.

1973 National Championship- AP puts Bama 4th after their bowl game loss. Bama claims a NC from the UPI poll that was taken before they met Notre Dame in the bowl game and lost. There were 3 teams with better records than Bama that year. The embarrassment of naming Alabama number one caused the UPI to name champions after bowl games. Yet Bammer has no shame in claiming it of course.

* although they did place 3rd in the sec in this so-called championship year, the 4th and 5th place sec teams had better rankings than #20 bama
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

could be internet bs, but ... rings true based on the few bammer games I have watched

This was compiled by Stat on TOS. Very Interesting.....
From 2007-2015:
9 years
121 games
8114 offensive snaps
55 holding penalties
37 holding penalties against OL or 1 every 3.3 games.
OL is flagged for holding every 219 snaps.
Alabama had zero holding penalties during 65% of their games.
Only 2 times during 121 games was Alabama flagged for holding while trailing on the scoreboard.
During 78 conference games, their OL was flagged for holding 19 times (1 every 4.1 gms).
During their remaining 43 games, 18 times (1 every 2.4 gms).
Interesting Breakdown:
9 games vs. Auburn ................. 2 holding penalties against OL.
6 games vs. Florida .................. 1
4 games vs. Georgia ................ 0
10 games vs. LSU .................... 3
9 games vs. Tennessee ............ 1
9 games vs. Ole Miss ............... 2
9 games vs. Arkansas .............. 6

so bammer or fsu

reckon I have to go with the team that doesn't have a rapist enabler as a coach

wait a sec, I don't have to be for either one - there's a better game on the tv

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not betting on a game is not a pool option. Sadly, with only a 7.5 point spread the FSU-Bama game is likely the best one in that time slot.

No one was fooled by the Yahoo! glitch, we all picked Bama. So, other less competitive games, even rooting for Georgia Southern to lose by less than 34, are better ones for me. Our pool went 9-8 for Georgia Southern with the spread.

Right now I'm watching my 18.5 point underdog MD beat up #23 TX.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:17 pm
... Right now I'm watching my 18.5 point underdog MD beat up #23 TX.
Ut-oh

3 minutes later: Got the 10 point cushion back. I'm going for the win now, not just the spread win.

Edit: Ut-oh
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Terps! :thumbup:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:49 pm
Terps! :thumbup:
Good game, special team craziness, they beat the spread by 28.5. Look out, Big 10!
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Bad day to be a fan of Florida teams - unless you're a fan of S. Florida or the U.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:44 am
Go Georgia Southern +34 vs #12 Auburn.

Push, could have been worse.

Go Appalachian St. +14.5 vs #15 Georgia.

Ugh.
O Really wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:21 pm
Bad day to be a fan of Florida teams - unless you're a fan of S. Florida or the U.
I bet against both FL & FSU, but still suck this week. Oh well, 13 more to go. It is always a good week when FSU and BYU get embarrassed, though.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... eal-111716

The referee in question clearly looks for the marker before moving the ball past said marker.

Wonder how the referees get away with this? Well, the Coordinator of Football Officials is Steve Shaw, an Alabama graduate.

I know our friends from Bama Hammer will talk about us whining and complaining, but remember what Alabama fans said about the Ole Miss NCAA investigation? “We just want to have a fair playing field.”

Same goes for this issue. It isn’t fair that teams have to compete with Alabama as well as the referees calling the games.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Anybody else watch that WV near comeback and amazing UCLA comeback?
1312. ETTD.