NFL Football

O Really
Admiral

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by O Really »

It's a happy day for the 'Skins haters - down 40-zip to the lowly Giants at the start of the 4th.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Panthers 20, Browns 23, start of 4th quarter.
O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:24 pm
It's a happy day for the (DC) haters - down 40-zip to the lowly Giants at the start of the 4th.
:clap: It's good for the Seahawks' wild card chances, too.
http://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/standings.asp?type=conf

Otherwise, lotta close games in the 4th except that Green Bay is trashing Atlanta.
http://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/scoreboard.asp?meta=true

Aaron Rodgers breaks Tom Brady’s record, throws 359th straight pass without a pick

:-||
Last edited by Vrede too on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Not that I'm anti-Panthers but good for the Browns, they've been down for so long. They've won 3 of the last 4 and still have an outside shot at a wild card spot after zero wins last year.

The Panthers have lost 5 in a row. This is also good for the Seahawks' wild card chances. Plus, the Saints just won the NFC South. :thumbup:

Miami beat New England 34-33, nice.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Oh, Miami didn't just "beat" New England. Did you see the end of that game? If not, don't worry, they'll be re-playing it for years. We mercifully don't get the Panthers game here, and it's just as well - otherwise I might have missed the 'Fins and Pats that was one of the best games of the year so far.

On to Iggles-Cowboys. Fly Iggles Fly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:25 pm
Oh, Miami didn't just "beat" New England. Did you see the end of that game? If not, don't worry, they'll be re-playing it for years. We mercifully don't get the Panthers game here, and it's just as well - otherwise I might have missed the 'Fins and Pats that was one of the best games of the year so far.

It wasn't on here. The Panthers game end was also exciting - Browns goal line stand - but nothing like that. Here it is, at least until the NFL's copyright nazis show up:

Edit: My links were twice taken down while I was posting. :lol: Screw it, go to
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... final+play
and see whose vids are still up.

Wow :clap: . The final lateral recipient, Kenyan Drake, did some really fine running. Scoring wasn't a gimme by any means. Gronkowski was playing safety! :wtf: He stumbled, coulda stopped the score.

On to Iggles-Cowboys. Fly Iggles Fly.

Yes :!:
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Kansas City > Baltimore, darn, but Ravens still somehow hold the 2nd wild card slot.
O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:25 pm
... On to Iggles-Cowboys. Fly Iggles Fly.
Crap. Kind of a boring game until the last 8 minutes, then things (including the refs both ways) got nutty, 28 points scored, OT. Shoulda gone for 2. Silver lining: It's good for the Seahawks' wild card chances.

NY Giants > Washington
Miami > New England
Indianapolis > Houston
Cleveland > Carolina
San Francisco > Denver
Oakland > Pittsburgh

:wtf:

Mon. night - Go Seahawks > Vikings, will put them 1.5 games up on the Vikings for the 1st wild card slot, 2 games up on everyone else.
Last edited by Vrede too on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:24 pm
It's a happy day for the (DC) haters - down 40-zip to the lowly Giants at the start of the 4th.
After (DC) slam their fans, fans turn backs on (DC)

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:56 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:55 pm
The 11-1 Los Angeles Rams have already clinched the NFC West. :crazy:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:04 pm
I'm starting to believe in these Bears....it's very disconcerting.
Opps. Hard to survive 3! fumbles in the final drive.
Butt ugly game, can't believe they took it to ot. Backup qb sucked. They may have been looking ahead to the Rams in primetime next week. Kinda hope so.
Good call. Stifling defense, game's only TD play action to a DT, pass to an OT, shades of '85 and The Frig, beat one of the NFL's 3 best teams in front of the Chicago fans, nice division lead, CONGRATS!
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

"After going to the store to pick-up some milk...I had two tickets to the Redskins game sitting on the seat of my pick-up. When I came back out, I found someone had broken in...and left two more!" :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"Furniture Store of (DC)"

We have tons of red or yellow chairs, barely used, cheap.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Took a couple of years of "socialization" for me to switch from Iggles to "Skins after we moved to Maryland, but I stayed a "Skins fan for a long time, even while living in other places. But Snyder has totally ruined it all and for a long time I didn't care if the Skins won or lost. Now I root for the loss.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It took me decades, even when I was trying not to like them, but I eventually succeeded. Childhood fandom may be harder to shake.
O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:09 pm
... Now I root for the loss.
:thumbup: Those empty seats are stunning. The waiting list for season tickets was YEARS long when I was a kid.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:37 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:56 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:55 pm
The 11-1 Los Angeles Rams have already clinched the NFC West. :crazy:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:04 pm
I'm starting to believe in these Bears....it's very disconcerting.
Opps. Hard to survive 3! fumbles in the final drive.
Butt ugly game, can't believe they took it to ot. Backup qb sucked. They may have been looking ahead to the Rams in primetime next week. Kinda hope so.
Good call. Stifling defense, game's only TD play action to a DT, pass to an OT, shades of '85 and The Frig, beat one of the NFL's 3 best teams in front of the Chicago fans, nice division lead, CONGRATS!
Thx, an ugly win is still a win. The qb reverted back to early season form. Injury layoff, weather, nerves? Probably some weird combo. Defense still matters, especially in a weather game. Ain't gonna see one of those past the first round of the playoffs. QB 's gonna have to have his A game. Loving da Coach though
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

:roll: Well, it's been hard being a Raiders fan these last 40 years or so......they did somehow beat the Steelers yesterday, though. Not long before they probably move to Las Vegas.....maybe it'll bring them luck.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Thx, an ugly win is still a win. The qb reverted back to early season form. Injury layoff, weather, nerves? Probably some weird combo. Defense still matters, especially in a weather game. Ain't gonna see one of those past the first round of the playoffs. QB 's gonna have to have his A game. Loving da Coach though
Here's help for da Bears...
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... ngle-bells

O Really
Admiral

It hasn't helped fan loyalty for any team that every year half or more of the team is different, particularly in the high-visibility positions. Remember fan-names like the Steel Curtain, the Purple Gang, the Hogs, even as recent as Legion of Boom, but mostly now teams don't stick together long enough to keep a nickname. Now, if you're a fan of a particular play, you've got to be prepared to move with him. I loved Beast Mode, and now he's a Raider. Sherman - gone to SF. Sports run on personalities, not just names and logos, except maybe for Packers.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:42 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Yikes, that makes The Super Bowl Shuffle seem like art.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:53 pm
It hasn't helped fan loyalty for any team that every year half or more of the team is different, particularly in the high-visibility positions. Remember fan-names like the Steel Curtain, the Purple Gang, the Hogs, even as recent as Legion of Boom, but mostly now teams don't stick together long enough to keep a nickname. Now, if you're a fan of a particular play, you've got to be prepared to move with him. I loved Beast Mode, and now he's a Raider. Sherman - gone to SF. Sports run on personalities, not just names and logos, except maybe for Packers.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:42 pm
Here's the direct link to it:
https://twitter.com/JesseWeiler/status/ ... 49/video/1
For Bears, a statement win over Rams puts playoffs one “W” away

... The Bears (9-4) held a Rams team that had scored 30 or more points 10 times in 12 games and averaged 440 yards per game without a touchdown and to 214 total yards, fewest since the finale of the 2016 season, Los Angeles quarterback Jared Goff’s rookie year. The Rams averaged nearly 15 points in their last three fourth quarters before Sunday. They were shut out when it mattered most by the Bears, the first time in nine games that the NFL’s No. 2 scoring-offense hadn’t scored in the final quarter....

Playoff push

In the process, the Bears put themselves in position of needing win just one in their final three games to clinch at least a wild-card berth. That could come next Sunday at home against a possibly reenergized Green Bay Packers team after the coaching change last week, who ended a four-game losing streak Sunday with a win over Atlanta.

The Minnesota Vikings visit the Seattle Seahawks on Monday night, matching up two of the three five-loss teams remaining (plus division-leading 8-5 Dallas), and the Bears hold a tiebreaker edge with a 7-2 mark in the NFC. If the Vikings lose, the Bears will hold a 2-1/2 game lead in the NFC North with three games to play....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:37 pm
... game's only TD play action to a DT, pass to an OT, shades of '85 and The Frig ...
It was even a bit wilder than I knew.
Breaking down 'Santa's Sleigh', the wildest play call of the Bears' season

The play that resulted in Sunday night's lone touchdown was less than 72 hours old.

Dubbed 'Santa's Sleigh' by the defensive staff, the playaction pass featured Mitch Trubisky, six offensive lineman, and four defensive lineman. Not a single skills player was on the field....
Except for Trubisky, or is QB not considered a "skills player"?

Poor Miami, they might have been one-upped.
1312. ETTD.