NFL Football

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by Vrede too »

Report: Burkhead collision with Brady caused QB's injury

NFL Media's Mike Garafolo reports it was Patriots running back Rex Burkhead who collided with Tom Brady at practice, resulting in the thumb injury that has throw New England in a tizzy over the QB's readiness for the AFC Championship Game Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Gillette Stadium....

Brady is listed as questionable for the first time for a playoff game, but Garafolo reports that TB12 "should be good to go." ...
Comments:
I doubt there is any real issue. Just trying to mess with the other team.
It's all BS as he will play and have no problems as there is no injury that affects his play.
Tom Brady is such a princess.
Dilly Dilly, I would take a left handed Brady over any of my Dolphins qb's.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Jags up by 10 with a quarter to go. Ut-oh, the Pats have them right where they want them.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:19 pm
Jags up by 10 with a quarter to go. Ut-oh, the Pats have them right where they want them.
Crap on a cracker.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1st quarter: Vikings were the only team in the NFL not to suffer a pic-6 or fumble-6.

Opps.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:03 pm
Crap on a cracker.
Some folks say that the refs were too easy on the Pats and maybe too hard on the Jags. I'm not opining.

Boomer Esiason on Jaguars penalties: 'It's Gillette Stadium, so the flags have to come out'
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

The ref did give Brady a pat on the back after their first TD. Seems that should have gotten him booted from a championship game.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:45 pm
The ref did give Brady a pat on the back after their first TD. Seems that should have gotten him booted from a championship game.
There's also (from my link):
Whatever the case, referee Clete Blakeman being among the first to congratulate Tom Brady after the final snap isn’t going to help the perception that the zebras prefer red, white and blue to black and white.

First guy to congratulate Brady? Number 34. What a teammate! https://twitter.com/OurStateCSU/status/ ... 29/video/1

— OurState_CSU (@OurStateCSU) January 21, 2018
O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:46 am
... The Iggles might hang with the Vikes ...
Ya' think?

Go Eagles, crush the Pats. They may even be favored or at least not be underdogs by much after today's games. Amazing that they've survived the loss of Wentz so well. Good on Foles! So far: 25/32, 78.1%, 346 yds., 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 1 sack, 0 fumbles.

:lol: No one has edited Nick Foles' Wiki page to even mention 2017-18 yet, and he's going to the Super Bowl!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:54 pm
... :lol: No one has edited Nick Foles' Wiki page to even mention 2017-18 yet, and he's going to the Super Bowl!
Now they have. :D

Philadelphia + 5 1/2

I would probably make that bet. They've won as underdogs at least 2 games in a row, and the Jags came thaaaat close.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So Lady O and I went to the Pro Bowl yesterday, and had a great time. People covered in panchos dripping water probably wasn't what the Orlando Chamber wanted for an image, but really, most of the game was rain-free. People bash the Pro Bowl for being lame and fake, which of course it is, but it's only dull on TV. In person it's still a lot of fun. Rules are altered a bit. No kickoffs or punts. Refs very lenient on penalties, particularly off-sides. Defenses were playing somewhat of a "catch and release" game, so a "sack" consisted of picking up the QB and setting him down gently. Very few time-outs, and no dragging around between plays. So the game showcased some nice passes/runs, a pick-six off of Rothlisberger from about 80 yards that never would have happened in a real game, some razzy plays like unnecessary laterals, etc., and guys making circus catches just because they could.

Interesting there were lots of Iggles shirts around, not all of which I'm sure were bought in the past week, and very few Pats shirts. They put up pics of the stands on the jumbotron, and when some guy appeared wearing a Pats hat, he was loudly booed. I'd say most people are pulling for a New England loss - and unfortunately may be disappointed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

That's funny about the Pats. :thumbup:
O Really wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:45 am
... No kickoffs or punts....
Fwiw, punts are allowed, the NFC even punted once. However, "Can not rush punts, PATs or FG attempts". They shoulda let the AFC punter kick one, he was the most pointless Pro Bowler there.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I thought they weren't allowed because nobody was punting and the AFC once went for it on 4th and 6 or so from their own 35. Anyway, the "no rushing" was funny, as on one Gano kick, the AFC line just stood up and raised their hands.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The annual 'Madden' Super Bowl simulation picks ... well, you're probably not going to like it

If you’re hoping for a surprise in Super Bowl LII – and it’s a good bet that most of the United States outside of the upper Northeast is – then the annual “Madden” simulation won’t give you much hope.

EA Sports’ “Madden NFL 18” simulation of the Philadelphia Eagles-New England Patriots Super Bowl matchup had a predictable result. The Patriots won the simulation 24-20 and quarterback Tom Brady was named Super Bowl MVP....

They won’t call off the game because “Madden” said the Patriots will beat the Eagles, but the annual video game simulation has been pretty accurate. Since Super Bowl XXXVIII at the end of the 2003 season, the simulation has predicted the winner 10 of 14 times. While it didn’t predict a 28-3 Falcons lead and the Patriots making the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history to win last year, the video game did predict a dramatic final-minute comeback win for the Pats. For Super Bowl XLIX, it predicted a 28-24 Patriots win over the Seattle Seahawks, with the Patriots trailing 24-14 in the third quarter before eventually winning on a Julian Edelman touchdown, and that’s exactly what happened....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

9-3 boids. I'll cheer now in case I don't get another chance.
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:38 pm
Some folks say that the refs were too easy on the Pats and maybe too hard on the Jags. I'm not opining.

Boomer Esiason on Jaguars penalties: 'It's Gillette Stadium, so the flags have to come out'
O Really wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:45 pm
2" left in 1st quarter, Gronk false start, "1st Pats offensive penalty in the entire postseason." Anyone believe it's the 1st they committed?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:19 pm
Eagles up by 10 with a half to go. Ut-oh, the Pats have them right where they want them.

Will be funny if the game difference is the pass Brady dropped vs. the pass Foles caught.

1st ever SB TD catch for QB.
More passes to QBs, 2, than punts, 1.
SB 1st half:
1st ever where both teams gained 300+ yards.
1st ever where both QBs threw for 200+ yards.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Well how Bout that.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wasn't into the halftime show and missed most of it, but this was cool: "... The inside of the stadium turned purple as the (Prince “I Would Die 4 U”) song played, as did the surrounding city, even transforming the city lights to show Prince’s symbol...."
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:58 pm
Well how Bout that.
Way fun!
Eagles win a thrilling Super Bowl LII

The Eagles have finally won the first Super Bowl in franchise history.

... 1,151 offensive yards, which set a new record for a single game in NFL history. Not postseason history or Super Bowl history, but the entire history of the league. Brady also broke the Super Bowl (or playoff) record he set last year by throwing for 505 yards....
Wow, wow and wow.

Exactly as many punts as the Pro Bowl, 1 by the NFC team.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, this one will be long remembered - and not just in Philuffya.
NFL really needs to fix the totally senseless "catch" rules, though. Only under some Rube Goldberg machinations could either of catches be questioned. I know Collinsworth doesn't like the existing rule, but he was less than helpful in his continued yammering. Might be a closet Pats fan.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:29 am
Yeah, this one will be long remembered - and not just in Philuffya.
NFL really needs to fix the totally senseless "catch" rules, though. Only under some Rube Goldberg machinations could either of catches be questioned. I know Collinsworth doesn't like the existing rule, but he was less than helpful in his continued yammering. Might be a closet Pats fan.
I thought that they were both catches for TDs under the existing rules, especially in not seeing enough to overturn the initial call. So, the NFL got it right while the announcers whined.

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:01 pm
2" left in 1st quarter, Gronk false start, "1st Pats offensive penalty in the entire postseason." Anyone believe it's the 1st they committed?
That was the only Pats penalty the entire game. :wtf:
1312. ETTD.