The Masters

O Really
Admiral

The Masters

Unread post by O Really »

Yeah, I know - it's Tiger Woods. But the chief keepers of ol' timey discrimination could only manage to penalize the Chinese kid and the bi-racial guy? No slow old white guys? Nobody else had a "questionable" drop they could only find after the round was over? These guys ought to go to NACAR and drop "debris" cautions. Or maybe just go back to WWF.

O Really
Admiral

Re: The Masters

Yes, to allow that is reasonable, I guess. It's not like there was anybody - officials or fans - actually watching Tiger on that hole, was it? That's outrageous. Try applying that to any other sport. "Ummm, excuse me - I noticed that Kobe actually stepped on the sideline when he shot at 2:25 in the first. Could you please delete those two points and penalize the Lakers?" "I played it backwards in super slo-mo and noticed that Mr. Urlacher used a racial slur when he tackled Mr. Jones. You need to penalize the Bears 15 for unsportsmanlike conduct and taunting."

O Really
Admiral

Re: The Masters

Yet the officials say "we've made a ruling and moved on." Fine. Why didn't that apply originally when nobody saw the mystical misplacement? I'm not really a golf fan, but my wife is, so I absorb some golf stuff. And it is fun to go to a live tournament. But I wish they'd let me play with the rules some. F'rinstance, why so they get to have a quiet crowd when basketball players are expected to hit free throws with the crowd yelling and waving towels at them? Imagine having people waving "quiet" signs around before each baseball pitch. I'd also bring in "half-strokes" so that if the player putted it to within, say, six inches from the hole, he could pick up his ball and take a half-stroke. Under that rule, Cabrera would have won yesterday by a half-stroke, no playoff. I'd also give the caddies carts, at least pull-alongs. Having to carry the clubs is ridiculous.