Hey Banni......Can't you not fix this?

Post Reply
Mr.B
A bad person.
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Hey Banni......Can't you not fix this?

Unread post by Mr.B » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:26 pm

Why does a magnifying glass appear when you use one of the smilies?

Why does it do it in some posts, and not others? I clicked on the smilies in this post to give an example, and they didn't have the magnifying glass...

Also some posted photos have had the magnifier in the upper corner......what gives?

(don't say that's so us old folks can see 'em better; I'm ahead of you on that one!) :P

JTA
Commander
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Re: Hey Banni......Can't you not fix this?

Unread post by JTA » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Mr.B wrote:Why does a magnifying glass appear when you use one of the smilies?

Why does it do it in some posts, and not others? I clicked on the smilies in this post to give an example, and they didn't have the magnifying glass...

Also some posted photos have had the magnifier in the upper corner......what gives?

(don't say that's so us old folks can see 'em better; I'm ahead of you on that one!) :P
Mr. B the Quality Control Analyst of Blue Ridge Debate. Finding them bugs.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2345
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Hey Banni......Can't you not fix this?

Unread post by neoplacebo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:58 pm

I myself rarely mess with anything that has a magnifying glass associated with it; I've had bad experiences with them in the past....you can conjure up the heat of hell itself with one; watch it.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4306
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: Hey Banni......Can't you not fix this?

Unread post by bannination » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Mr.B wrote:Why does a magnifying glass appear when you use one of the smilies?

Why does it do it in some posts, and not others? I clicked on the smilies in this post to give an example, and they didn't have the magnifying glass...

Also some posted photos have had the magnifier in the upper corner......what gives?

(don't say that's so us old folks can see 'em better; I'm ahead of you on that one!) :P
Go into the user control panel and pick a different style. That's probably the easiest solution. I barely have the time to post, much less go on a CSS hunt.

Nevermind, got curious, found the CSS, still to lazy to ftp in and fix.

Ok, ok, maybe I'll do it this weekend. Someone remind me.
When I was a small girl, I dreamt of standing in a room, looking at a girl who was and was not myself, who stood looking at another girl who was and was not myself. My mother took this as a nightmare. I saw it as the beginning of a career in physics.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4306
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: Hey Banni......Can't you not fix this?

Unread post by bannination » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Vrede wrote:User Control Panel > Board preferences > My board style:

Absolution test:
Vrede wrote:I thought the magnifying glass appeared when you put an emoticon within a
quote box :crazy:
or a
double quote box :shock:
but it isn't now. It does happen with a color box :oops: , a bold box :evil: , an italics box :geek: and an underline box :!: .
Excellent, I like the look of the forum more, too. Thanks.
Absolution just feels narrow to me. It's probably not very responsive on small screens either. To each his own though, I've never had an eye for design.
When I was a small girl, I dreamt of standing in a room, looking at a girl who was and was not myself, who stood looking at another girl who was and was not myself. My mother took this as a nightmare. I saw it as the beginning of a career in physics.

Mr.B
A bad person.
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: Hey Banni......Can't you not fix this?

Unread post by Mr.B » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Vrede wrote: "I had one of the Artodias to begin with."
Where did you go to get your shot for that? :lol:

I changed my Artodias setting as well.....the poster's info & avatar have moved back to the left side of screen where it used to be, and now the annoying magnifying glass has vanished! Viola! (the magnifiers on Vrede's examples are gone too!)

Mr.B
A bad person.
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: Hey Banni......Can't you not fix this?

Unread post by Mr.B » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:22 am

Vrede wrote: :lol: "prosilver doesn't fit images to the page. I've switched again, this time to Artodia: Ultra Gray. Images are fit to the page and I'm not seeing the magnifying glass on emoticons." :clap:
That's what I switched to.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4306
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: Hey Banni......Can't you not fix this?

Unread post by bannination » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:02 pm

Mr.B wrote:
Vrede wrote: :lol: "prosilver doesn't fit images to the page. I've switched again, this time to Artodia: Ultra Gray. Images are fit to the page and I'm not seeing the magnifying glass on emoticons." :clap:
That's what I switched to.
I found a nice Hello Kitty pink theme I almost installed for you.

:P
When I was a small girl, I dreamt of standing in a room, looking at a girl who was and was not myself, who stood looking at another girl who was and was not myself. My mother took this as a nightmare. I saw it as the beginning of a career in physics.

Mr.B
A bad person.
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: Hey Banni......Can't you not fix this?

Unread post by Mr.B » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:07 pm

bannination wrote:"I found a nice Hello Kitty pink theme I almost installed for you." :P
I'd never heard of 'Hello Kitty' until you mentioned it; I looked it up.....Methinks you can keep that fer yerself.

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13419
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Banni, can you fix this?

Unread post by Vrede too » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:17 pm

Vrede too wrote:http://blueridgedebate.com/viewtopic.ph ... jis#p51360

Passing as Irish is way more fun than being British, French or German. Nobody bought my being Jamaican :( .

Now, about banni's racist emojis. Lots of white ones, a gay one :gayhappy: , a Native American one :cussing: , some Asian ones -0-? , and even a few Martian ones :sick: , but no blacks.

Weekend Update: Sasheer Zamata
I could also use a hippie emoji. Or, find a Rasta and cover both bases.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander
Posts: 2339
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: Somewhere on Lake Keowee, SC

Re: Banni, can you fix this?

Unread post by Seth Milner » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:59 pm

Vrede too wrote: Now, about banni's racist emojis. Lots of white ones, a gay one :gayhappy: , a Native American one :cussing: ,
some Asian ones -0-? , and even a few Martian ones :sick: , but no blacks.
Press Alt and 2 at the same time . . . ☻☻☻☻
Maybe a white one: Alt 1 . . . ☺☺☺☺
Font size cannot be changed: ☺ ☻ [size]
(I left the / out for demonstration purposes)
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

User avatar
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
Posts: 13419
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: Banni, can you fix this?

Unread post by Vrede too » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Seth Milner wrote:
Vrede too wrote: Now, about banni's racist emojis. Lots of white ones, a gay one :gayhappy: , a Native American one :cussing: ,
some Asian ones -0-? , and even a few Martian ones :sick: , but no blacks.
Press Alt and 2 at the same time . . . ☻☻☻☻
Maybe a white one: Alt 1 . . . ☺☺☺☺
Font size cannot be changed: ☺ ☻ [size]
(I left the / out for demonstration purposes)

Mac.

Alt and 2 = ™
Alt and 1 = ¡

Alt and other numbers don't get emojis.

Thanks for trying.
So many liberals, so little time. :P

Post Reply