Bug Report

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3911
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Bug Report

Unread post by JTA » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Looks like it's snowing on this forum. Just wanted to give you a heads up before your server freezes up.

Thanq.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3911
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by JTA » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:30 pm

Vrede wrote:It will be a cold day in Hooterville before Mr.B returns to this forum.
Mr.Be on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:00 pm wrote:I've got better things to do and better people to buddy with anyway.....I should've left this cesspool long ago.
Seems like people get real pissed off and leave forums all the time. This used to happen a lot on goupstate.com. Someone would get real mad because they got into an internet argument and they'd off to another forum. I very briefly had a forum that I think some people (like three tops) ran off to from this forum before my free shitty webhost shut it down. Never bothered to restart it because I just came here instead and just want to shoot the shiz with people I don't know.

Anyway, I hope Mr. B doesn't leave. I get you guys (maybe not you but Mr. B) are internet pissed at each other but it's all good people tend to get real mad on the internet.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3911
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by JTA » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:09 am

Vrede wrote: :lol: The site was down for about 11 hours. I don't know if it's banni's fault, JTA's fault for the jinx . . . or Mr.B's fault.
Haha I saw that as well. Telling Bannination his server is going to freeze up due to the snow and then a few hours later the site goes down. That makes me look shady as hell.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4279
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by bannination » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:59 am

JTA wrote:
Vrede wrote:It will be a cold day in Hooterville before Mr.B returns to this forum.
Mr.Be on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:00 pm wrote:I've got better things to do and better people to buddy with anyway.....I should've left this cesspool long ago.
Seems like people get real pissed off and leave forums all the time. This used to happen a lot on goupstate.com. Someone would get real mad because they got into an internet argument and they'd off to another forum. I very briefly had a forum that I think some people (like three tops) ran off to from this forum before my free shitty webhost shut it down. Never bothered to restart it because I just came here instead and just want to shoot the shiz with people I don't know.

Anyway, I hope Mr. B doesn't leave. I get you guys (maybe not you but Mr. B) are internet pissed at each other but it's all good people tend to get real mad on the internet.

That free shitty webhost wouldn't have been 000webhost.com was it?
When I was a small girl, I dreamt of standing in a room, looking at a girl who was and was not myself, who stood looking at another girl who was and was not myself. My mother took this as a nightmare. I saw it as the beginning of a career in physics.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4279
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by bannination » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:04 am

JTA wrote:
Vrede wrote: :lol: The site was down for about 11 hours. I don't know if it's banni's fault, JTA's fault for the jinx . . . or Mr.B's fault.
Haha I saw that as well. Telling Bannination his server is going to freeze up due to the snow and then a few hours later the site goes down. That makes me look shady as hell.
Yep, it's all your fault!

Nah, so it turns out Paramount made a copyright claim against this IP address. Since they have all the money the site's network access was shutdown without my knowledge or warning until I investigated the root cause and issued corrective actions.... and then waiting on support to reactivate networking.... Gotta love big corporations. :oII

I blame Obama naturally.
When I was a small girl, I dreamt of standing in a room, looking at a girl who was and was not myself, who stood looking at another girl who was and was not myself. My mother took this as a nightmare. I saw it as the beginning of a career in physics.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4279
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by bannination » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:18 am

Vrede wrote:Was there a real copyright issue or was it just a goof?
I would like to plead the 4th in this instance. :angel4:

It appears that there was a weak password set in the vpn software.... and someone must have guessed the password and used it.

If you take my meaning.
When I was a small girl, I dreamt of standing in a room, looking at a girl who was and was not myself, who stood looking at another girl who was and was not myself. My mother took this as a nightmare. I saw it as the beginning of a career in physics.

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3911
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by JTA » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:19 am

bannination wrote:
JTA wrote:
Vrede wrote:It will be a cold day in Hooterville before Mr.B returns to this forum.
Mr.Be on Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:00 pm wrote:I've got better things to do and better people to buddy with anyway.....I should've left this cesspool long ago.
Seems like people get real pissed off and leave forums all the time. This used to happen a lot on goupstate.com. Someone would get real mad because they got into an internet argument and they'd off to another forum. I very briefly had a forum that I think some people (like three tops) ran off to from this forum before my free shitty webhost shut it down. Never bothered to restart it because I just came here instead and just want to shoot the shiz with people I don't know.

Anyway, I hope Mr. B doesn't leave. I get you guys (maybe not you but Mr. B) are internet pissed at each other but it's all good people tend to get real mad on the internet.

That free shitty webhost wouldn't have been 000webhost.com was it?
That it was.

I've used them for a long time for some of my personal sites that don't get tons of traffic and for the most part they were ok. I've since moved those sites to google app engine so I still don't have to pay anything and just needed a place to conveniently host some very basic sites.

I think the problem was my forum was getting spammed (probably in retaliation for me spamming it every where else). Lesson learned. You get what you pay for.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3911
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by JTA » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:21 am

Vrede wrote:Like your Candlemass avatar doesn't already do that?

That it was a threat rather than a coincidence hadn't occurred to me, hmmm.
Messiah Marcolin of Candlemass! :thumbup:

I wanted to make my avatar a gif of him busting out of a coffin in the music video for bewitched because it's so hilarious, but that would get pretty annoying.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
rstrong
Captain
Posts: 5930
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by rstrong » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:27 am

I've hosted a few sites plus email at Godaddy. But the email and most sites are now running on my own home server, and the last site will be moved over by the end of the month.

I've had no real complaints about the service at Godaddy. I have the server for other experiments, so I may as well host my sites on it.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4279
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by bannination » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:07 am

rstrong wrote:I've hosted a few sites plus email at Godaddy. But the email and most sites are now running on my own home server, and the last site will be moved over by the end of the month.

I've had no real complaints about the service at Godaddy. I have the server for other experiments, so I may as well host my sites on it.
Godaddy can't even touch the VPS prices and service that digitalocean.com provides. Digital Ocean has been wicked fast as well, considering the server I'm paying for is only a single CPU and 512mb of ram. Full on SSD drives make a big difference.

I thought about running this site on an old Eeepc laying around the house. I figured going with an external service I'd have better bandwidth (DSL), and not have to worry about disruptions to power, internet, etc.
When I was a small girl, I dreamt of standing in a room, looking at a girl who was and was not myself, who stood looking at another girl who was and was not myself. My mother took this as a nightmare. I saw it as the beginning of a career in physics.

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3911
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by JTA » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:18 am

bannination wrote:... If you take my meaning.
If one were to ride by your house, how many downloaded cars would be sitting in your driveway?
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
bannination
Captain
Posts: 4279
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am
Location: Hendersonville
Contact:

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by bannination » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:23 pm

JTA wrote:
bannination wrote:... If you take my meaning.
If one were to ride by your house, how many downloaded cars would be sitting in your driveway?
Don't have a big enough 3D printer yet.
When I was a small girl, I dreamt of standing in a room, looking at a girl who was and was not myself, who stood looking at another girl who was and was not myself. My mother took this as a nightmare. I saw it as the beginning of a career in physics.

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3911
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by JTA » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Instead of snow, at some random time you should make a spider run across the screen. Do this at some random time in the future when I'll have forgotten about this suggestion and end up chunking my laptop across the room that way I'll have an excuse to buy a new one.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
rstrong
Captain
Posts: 5930
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by rstrong » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Would a random Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush or Sarah Palin head floating across the screen do the job?

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 8991
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by O Really » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Banni-snow works for me. O Really's winter home had 81 and sunny today. Christmas Day included a great 'yak trip around the mangroves. Today was biking in the Big Cypress National Park. Doesn't have DuPont or Pisgah's hills, but hey - we can deal with it.

User avatar
O Really
Captain
Posts: 8991
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by O Really » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:41 pm

Vrede wrote:Too bad the lack of winter snow and cold also means that you'll have to scuba to your winter home eventually.

Big Cypress is cool.
Somebody might be scuba-ing to it, but I'll probably be long gone by then. Either dead or snuggled into another winter home in the sunny warm NC mountains. ;)

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3911
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by JTA » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:29 pm

O Really wrote:Banni-snow works for me. O Really's winter home had 81 and sunny today. Christmas Day included a great 'yak trip around the mangroves. Today was biking in the Big Cypress National Park. Doesn't have DuPont or Pisgah's hills, but hey - we can deal with it.
Nice. Rain, wind, and cold up where I was. My Christmas was spent getting messed up with my pops and shooting cross bows on his porch. Made a bunch of new friends, reconnected with some old ones. Damn good times were had.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3911
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by JTA » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:28 am

Vrede wrote:
JTA wrote:... My Christmas was spent getting messed up with my pops and shooting cross bows on his porch....
If at the same time I'm glad that you didn't become the subject of one of O Really's "opps" posts. :D
Sometimes you just have to do the needful.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

User avatar
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 2345
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: Kingsport TN

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by neoplacebo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:01 pm

Since this is the bug report, I will report that there was a stinkbug sitting on the side frame of my bedroom door a couple of days ago. I grabbed it with a piece of toilet paper and sent it on its way. No bugs to report since then. Plus I never had to smell this one since it was pretty well encased in the toilet paper. Those things can fly, too, which a lot of folks don't know....I wish I could capture the essence of about a thousand stinkbugs and send it to Senator Tillis' office with a label that says "shake well before opening."

User avatar
JTA
Commander
Posts: 3911
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Trumpistan

Re: Bug Report

Unread post by JTA » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:23 pm

neoplacebo wrote:Since this is the bug report, I will report that there was a stinkbug sitting on the side frame of my bedroom door a couple of days ago. I grabbed it with a piece of toilet paper and sent it on its way. No bugs to report since then. Plus I never had to smell this one since it was pretty well encased in the toilet paper. Those things can fly, too, which a lot of folks don't know....I wish I could capture the essence of about a thousand stinkbugs and send it to Senator Tillis' office with a label that says "shake well before opening."
If only all bugs were as easy to fix :(
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Post Reply