Superstar Cultmaster

Local media

Unread post by Vrede too »

Subject: Gripes
Date: Sun, July 24, 2016 11:44 pm
To: news@wlos.com, comments@wlos.com

Hi,

2 gripes about the 7/24 2300 news report:

Why feature a Phoenix heatstroke death? Are you that desperate, lazy and ghoulish that you couldn't find something of local import, instead?

Why did the local lead into a network report on the Munich shooting focus on the unconfirmed report that the shooter shouted, "Allahu (mispronounced) Akbar"?

Why not mention the confirmed reports that he shouted, "I am German" (German: Ich bin Deutscher) and "I was born here", that his parents told police their son had possibly converted to Christianity but he was not religious, that he had been in psychiatric care where he was treated for depression, that he shouted that he had been bullied for seven years, and that he had an obsession with mass shooters, including the non-Muslim perpetrator of the Winnenden school shooting in 2009 and the Norwegian Christian terrorist Anders Behring Breivik?

Is WLOS in the Islamophobia business these days?

Be better,
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: Local media

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Subject: Gripes
Date: Sun, July 24, 2016 11:44 pm
To: news@wlos.com, comments@wlos.com

Hi,

2 gripes about the 7/24 2300 news report:

Why feature a Phoenix heatstroke death? Are you that desperate, lazy and ghoulish that you couldn't find something of local import, instead?

Why did the local lead into a network report on the Munich shooting focus on the unconfirmed report that the shooter shouted, "Allahu (mispronounced) Akbar"?

Why not mention the confirmed reports that he shouted, "I am German" (German: Ich bin Deutscher) and "I was born here", that his parents told police their son had possibly converted to Christianity but he was not religious, that he had been in psychiatric care where he was treated for depression, that he shouted that he had been bullied for seven years, and that he had an obsession with mass shooters, including the non-Muslim perpetrator of the Winnenden school shooting in 2009 and the Norwegian Christian terrorist Anders Behring Breivik?

Is WLOS in the Islamophobia business these days?

Be better,
Have you seen their editorial on the late news? Might as well be Faux.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Do they have their own forum?
Is it OK to like blue there?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:Have you seen their editorial on the late news? Might as well be Faux.
Is WLOS the station where the manager does regular editorials? For some reason I was thinking it was one of the SC stations. If so, he's consistently horrible and really kind of slow. I change the channel.

Did you see the cartoon I posted to Local Pols
?
rstrong wrote:Do they have their own forum?

No.

Is it OK to like blue there?
:D It wouldn't be.
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ah, I think this is the guy we're discussing and it is WLOS:

Mark E. Hyman

I feel better knowing that he's not local, something I don't think he states in his editorials :roll: , but is instead the Baltimore-based Vice President for Corporate Relations for right-leaning Sinclair Broadcast Group, "the largest television station operator in the United States".
O Really wrote:... Might as well be Faux.
... "sounded more like Fox News than local news."

:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Yep. That would be him.
That he's not local is good, and I'm guessing WLOS has to take him, orders of Sinclair, but they ought to at least have the standard disclaimer "his own opinion..."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I think that it's clearly opinion, but "Some out of state mouthpiece for a right-leaning corporation that we're forced to air," would be nice. I'll pay attention next time but I think it's presented as the station's opinion, which is deceitful. Searching WLOS for "Hyman" (there's a joke in there somewhere) doesn't return any relevant results. If I'm correct, I'm already drafting another email in my head.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:44 pm
Yep. That would be him.
That he's not local is good, and I'm guessing WLOS has to take him, orders of Sinclair, but they ought to at least have the standard disclaimer "his own opinion..."
Subject: Mark Hyman
Date: Wed, August 9, 2017 12:10 am
To: comments@wlos.com
Cc: comments@sbgi.net (corporate)

Hi,

Y'all must cringe every time the carpetbagging, corporate, hateful dolt Mark Hyman represents your station. This time he's defending the honoring of slavers and traitors, comparing his ilk to Taliban victims, and dishonestly whining that the statues are getting destroyed. I feel bad for you, hang in there.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:44 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:44 pm
Yep. That would be him.
Subject: Mark Hyman
Date: Wed, August 9, 2017 12:10 am
To: comments@wlos.com
Cc: comments@sbgi.net (corporate)

Hi,

Y'all must cringe every time the carpetbagging, corporate, hateful dolt Mark Hyman represents your station. This time he's defending the honoring of slavers and traitors, comparing his ilk to Taliban victims, and dishonestly whining that the statues are getting destroyed. I feel bad for you, hang in there.
Mark started showing up on my local station in 2001 with his 1 minute lie of the day. He prompted me to learn about Sinclair and to stop watching the local Pensacola station news.

I researched him 10 or 15 years ago (I really need to keep things). His history is as scary as his Sinclair broadcast propaganda.

What I'm seeing now, or not seeing now, is a lot less than I saw then.
He was in counter intelligence and disinformation. Also the dates if his active duty overlapped his Sinclair employment by about 10 years.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:58 am
Mark started showing up on my local station in 2001 with his 1 minute lie of the day. He prompted me to learn about Sinclair and to stop watching the local Pensacola station news.

I researched him 10 or 15 years ago (I really need to keep things). His history is as scary as his Sinclair broadcast propaganda.

He was in counter intelligence and disinformation. Also the dates if his active duty overlapped his Sinclair employment by about 10 years.
Same here, though I'm not a religious viewer. I would take credit, but:
Maybe that explains his "facts" and opinions.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:37 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:58 am

Same here, though I'm not a religious viewer. I would take credit, but:
Maybe that explains his "facts" and opinions.
That's like being smote by god only to have her/him turn around and say, "Just kidding." Ouch.
1312. ETTD.