fucking cops

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

fucking cops

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

clicked on some old sites today and ran into this crap. It may be here already, but these cops are scum.
arrest, beat and taze a man for jaywalking. dude was lucky they didn't shoot him when he ran, but they had already far exceeded being anything but racist pigs before he ran.

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/new ... 397679002/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: fucking cops

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:37 pm
clicked on some old sites today and ran into this crap. It may be here already, but these cops are scum.
arrest, beat and taze a man for jaywalking. dude was lucky they didn't shoot him when he ran, but they had already far exceeded being anything but racist pigs before he ran.

The APD Chief, who had kept much of this covered up, now wants an investigation . . . into who leaked the video.

:roll: :ateeth:
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:55 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

The APD Chief, who had kept much of this covered up, now wants an investigation . . . into who leaked the video.

:roll: :ateeth:
I hate that I think Pig whenever I see law enforcement - but I do.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:01 pm
I hate that I think Pig whenever I see law enforcement - but I do.
Tsk-tsk, Porcine-Americans. :D
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

hard to watch when he was throwing punch after punch after punch at the guy being held down on the pavement.

to serve and protect*

*while we beat black people and hide behind cars while children are being murdered

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:44 pm
hard to watch when he was throwing punch after punch after punch at the guy being held down on the pavement.

to serve and protect*

*while we beat black people and hide behind cars while children are being murdered
It's gone national, just saw a story on Headline News.

ACLU is involved, too. They're focusing on NC being one of the most restrictive states about releasing body cam (and dash cam?) video to the public.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:

FBI opens criminal probe over police beating of North Carolina man for jaywalking

ABC: Ex-officer charged with assault in beating and Tasering of alleged jaywalker
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I wonder if he was actually jaywalking.

I read an article a few weeks back about how many people in the US are wrongly charged with jaywalking, merely for crossing the street in the middle of the block. This isn't illegal in many states when there aren't traffic lights at both ends of the block.

Wikipedia: Jaywalking: United States:
Following the Uniform Vehicle Code, state codes often do not prohibit a pedestrian from crossing a roadway between intersections if at least one of the two adjacent intersections is not controlled by a signal, but stipulate that a pedestrian not at a crosswalk must yield the right of way to approaching drivers.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am
I wonder if he was actually jaywalking.

I read an article a few weeks back about how many people in the US are wrongly charged with jaywalking, merely for crossing the street in the middle of the block. This isn't illegal in many states when there aren't traffic lights at both ends of the block.
Yep.
Asheville, NC Codes

ARTICLE VI. - PEDESTRIANS

Sec. 19-229. - Duty to use crosswalk.

Between adjacent intersections at which traffic control signals are in operation, pedestrians shall not cross at any place except in a marked crosswalk.
However, I think I can see a traffic signal. I can't tell whether it's half a block or a block and a half away, though.

I never knew this:
Sec. 19-230. - Use of right half of crosswalks.

Pedestrians shall move, whenever practicable, upon the right half of crosswalks.
I wonder if anyone's ever been ticked for walking on the left.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

U-turns and driving the wrong way on a one way street are legal in florida as long as there is no on-coming traffic unless specifically posted. Cops don't seem to care if kids or black people are involved. mostly too much trouble to fight without an attorney, unless the cop "smelled" something and trashed the car.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:

Asheville City Council decides to replace City Manager Gary Jackson

They're also revising body cam policy, though the real issue is with the 'coverup for cops' state law.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:11 pm
U-turns and driving the wrong way on a one way street are legal in florida as long as there is no on-coming traffic unless specifically posted. Cops don't seem to care if kids or black people are involved. mostly too much trouble to fight without an attorney, unless the cop "smelled" something and trashed the car.

After Asheville police beating, council proposes historic reforms
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:

More:

Council boots city manager, announces police reforms

Judge grants city’s request to release police body camera video

After police beating, organizations want more data in hands of public

Three county commissioners release joint statement on racial bias, use of force

New police beating video clearly shows chokehold, aftermath

Too early to say how all the dust will settle, but it is an activist city with sympathetic and responsive government, way better than my Hooterville.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:

City Council drives through policing changes in contentious meeting

Police group threatens legal action against Asheville City Council on recent policy changes

Of course they do. :roll:

NC Association of Chiefs of Police releases statement on recent Council policing motions

:oII

If I lived in Asheville I would be with the activists demanding that the City do more faster. However, Asheville has probably already done more faster than most cities. Don't even get me going on my Hendersonville and Henderson County.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:

The repercussions continue:

Asheville police captain fired for 'lack of truthfulness'
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: SOME frigging cops

This is a fascinating take on what went down. Cecil Bothwell is a longtime, highly respected Asheville lefty.

The case for keeping APD Chief Tammy Hooper

Note in the comments that he takes issue with the headline. The print version headline is his preferred “Right clicks, Left jumps".
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
to serve and protect
Does this make you happy billy.pilgrim?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:11 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
to serve and protect
why would some right wing gun nut sovereign citizen dumbass shooting people make me happy?

another leo fail.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:11 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
to serve and protect
why would some right wing gun nut sovereign citizen dumbass shooting people make me happy?
Maybe the thread title is a dead giveaway? Maybe because in many instances you expressed a hatred for LEO's? I just thought that the news of another cop headed to the promised land would put a smile on your face.

Speaking of sovereign citizens; ain't they a hoot! How many times have I heard "am I being illegally detained"? And I say "no, dumbass, you're being arrested for possession of (or selling) narcotics". :lol:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:24 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:11 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
to serve and protect
Maybe the thread title is a dead giveaway? Maybe because in many instances you expressed a hatred for LEO's? I just thought that the news of another cop headed to the promised land would put a smile on your face.

Speaking of sovereign citizens; ain't they a hoot! How many times have I heard "am I being illegally detained"? And I say "no, dumbass, you're being arrested for possession of (or selling) narcotics". :lol:

It's the culture. Enough of you people are trained to be abusive pigs that it has become more accurate to call pig first.