Captain

Re: Public "art"

Unread post by bannination »

We live in an odd community......

bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:What do you think of the statue?

Honestly, to me, it doesn't matter what the statue looks like, it's more about spending that kind of money on something like that while the economy is the way it is. (Especially around here.)

I have no eye for art, and I have no idea what it's trying to say, I just know it's going to get even uglier when that copper starts to oxidize. I can imagine tourists driving by and wondering wtf is that?!

bannination
Captain

Main street in general has went through one catastrophe after another. I'm surprised the businesses there are doing ok, not that any of those businesses even interest me, except maybe McFarland's.

It's not really that I'm against spending money on "art" it's just I don't see the return on investment in this case. "Let's visit Hendersonville to see the copper blobs?" :mrgreen:

It could turn out to be one of those "we have to go see it because we've heard it's really bad!", but I don't see that helping our economy either. :D

$183,284....... wow..... plus another $1.6 million improving the "streetscapes". I just don't see it.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Itsays it's going to be a fountain. I say give them a chance to finish and I'll
bet it will be very nice.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Opps, didn't know it was finished. I just read the article posted. I'll have a look. South entrance to downtown is much improved, though.