AndyJackson
Red Shirt

Re: CPF: The Worst Forum Ever

Unread post by AndyJackson »

Boatrocker wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:"Yeah. I was way outta line. Got it."
No...this:

"And don't think you can't engage here, as long as you have something other than rhetoric and dogma and some shit you got from The Blaze or WMD or Breitbart or, obviously, FUX."
That's like saying all the crap you read or listen to from your preferred sources is the absolute, infallible truth. :wtf:
You're worse off than I thought you were....
And you're probably more senile than I suspected.
16......years.....old.

Oh well, my time here will be brief, but focused lol.
AndyJackson
Red Shirt

O Really wrote:Welcome, Andy -
But I think you may have been reading some other forum. As far as I know, there is no Obama-adulation here, even though most if not all of us voted for him. Some enthusiastically, some with nose held. All-Obama all the time is part of the right-wing program, not ours. Since he was elected, Republicans have held total opposition to anything Obama as their first and apparently only priority. That's not my opinion, that's what McConnell, et. al. has said. So any issue becomes just another Obama-bash. Want to talk gun legislation? Obama's going to take away our guns. Immigration? Obama's an illegal and he wants to give Mexicans our jobs. ISIS? Obama's a closet Muslim who supports them. etc. and yada. From my perspective, Obama has done very little, and what he has done is not enough. But most issues don't really involve Obama to any extent.

The reason I disrespect Fox News (as compared to Fox sports) is that they feed the most ignorant among us. I'm pretty sure most of those guys are smarter and more informed than they let on. They fuel the stories about closet Muslimism and give a place for people like Trump and Guiliano to express their, ummm "views." It's not that other networks are always accurate or that some don't have a point of view. It's that Fox plays to the fringes - like Murdoch.

So sure, if you decide to play with us and you start all your posts about Obama and conspiracy theories about how he's trying to overturn the US government, you might expect some derision and ridicule. But if you want to discuss issues from your own point of view, you'll probably get civil discussion even from those who disagree with some or all of what you say. IMNVHO.
lol, I like how you start with grandiose claims of "open debate" and "open-minded"....and smooth right into a total whitewash / demonization of anything / everything that could ever be said against Obama. Plus the ever-tricky "he's kinda bad.....but none of it is his fault".

Nifty..........no thanks. I can argue with the cat, without having to start up the PC, log in, etc.

But no "racist" in your screed.....that's one feather in your cap !! And to top it all off.....you're not as bad as Solar !
O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Well at least you have a creative imagination. Let me try to be more clear. I have no interest in a focus on Obama. I can and happily will keep up my end of the conversation on issues without bringing Obama into it. I certainly never claimed to be "open minded" particularly, but as to "open debate" I don't think anybody has ever been banned here.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boatrocker wrote: "And you're probably more senile than I suspected."
:lol: Thanks! Now that made my day! :lol: Really though, I often wonder if there's any "probably" to it!
Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I think Andy and I are in the same book, unsure yet about the same page.

I will say this about O Really though; he's probably the most civil one you'll "debate" with here. Although his views are mostly opposite of mine, he does keep an open mind; not like the majority of others here who have a "my way or no way" mindset, or "we're more intelligent than you"

Stick around; this could get interesting
. :thumbup:
bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

AndyJackson wrote: Well mods, do what you do. I have a funny feeling it will always go in the favor of the 16-year-old Obama worshipper. Keeper of the flame, bearer of the torch, etc.

Cest la vie.
Not sure what you mean by mods.... No mod is going to mess with you. Is that what they claim about us where you came from??
Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:
AndyJackson wrote: Well mods, do what you do. I have a funny feeling it will always go in the favor of the 16-year-old Obama worshipper. Keeper of the flame, bearer of the torch, etc.

Cest la vie.
Not sure what you mean by mods.... No mod is going to mess with you. Is that what they claim about us where you came from??
How many 'mods' are there here? When you first started up, you were considering a number of people. Just askin'
Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

AndyJackson wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
No...this:

"And don't think you can't engage here, as long as you have something other than rhetoric and dogma and some shit you got from The Blaze or WMD or Breitbart or, obviously, FUX."
That's like saying all the crap you read or listen to from your preferred sources is the absolute, infallible truth. :wtf:
l
16......years.....old.

No evidence of any focus, up to this point. You only seem interested in talking shit and trying to score cheap shots. Not surprising for most folks from the RWNJ spectrum. But- for the third time- you are invited to pick a topic, offer your comments and defend them with whatever facts & figures you may have at hand. If any.
Or you could just talk shit with Mr. B. He's probably the one most likely to waste more time and bandwidth on you if you don't really want to do anything but what you've done so far.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.
O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Yeah, that's one of the frustrating things about trying to talk to a right-winger. They seem to have to put every issue into a left/right deal. Not all issues are political ideologically based. Providing the best educational system possible used to be a goal of both parties - not any more. Climate change seems to be a science and factual issue - either it's occurring or it's not - but the right wing chooses to make it an political issue. Allocating sides to points of the political spectrum contributes to conflict and divisiveness, not necessarily to the betterment of our society. Doesn't everybody - Republican, Democrat, or Libertarian really want a good education system for their kids? If you're buying property, wouldn't anybody like to know the real facts on whether or not it's likely to be underwater in 10 years? No matter how much you enjoy your guns and support the Second Amendment, wouldn't anybody want to take reasonable measures to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of crazies? Is there any rational person in the country who thinks it's a good idea to let restaurant employees pee and not wash their hands? Why is that even a question? Because some right-wing zealot wants to strike back against "oppressive regulation?"
Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boatrocker wrote: "You only seem interested in talking shit.....Or you could just talk shit with Mr. B..."
"...like the majority of others here who have a "my way or no way" mindset, or "we're more intelligent than you."

Point proven....I rest my case.
AndyJackson
Red Shirt

O Really wrote:Well at least you have a creative imagination. Let me try to be more clear. I have no interest in a focus on Obama. I can and happily will keep up my end of the conversation on issues without bringing Obama into it. I certainly never claimed to be "open minded" particularly, but as to "open debate" I don't think anybody has ever been banned here.
Your whole first, lengthy paragraph was a pre-emptive strike against anything negative that could ever be said about Obama.

Come on man, at least don't be egregiously dishonest and blatantly contradictory.

I can just see this being what's for supper in every damned debate. Again, no thanks.
AndyJackson
Red Shirt

Boatrocker wrote:
AndyJackson wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
No...this:

l
16......years.....old.

No evidence of any focus, up to this point. You only seem interested in talking shit and trying to score cheap shots. Not surprising for most folks from the RWNJ spectrum. But- for the third time- you are invited to pick a topic, offer your comments and defend them with whatever facts & figures you may have at hand. If any.
Or you could just talk shit with Mr. B. He's probably the one most likely to waste more time and bandwidth on you if you don't really want to do anything but what you've done so far.
All you've offered is generic pap about "right wingers" and "FUX" and such. Oh, and somebody's balls repeatedly. All I've done is notice this. But go on with your bad self, linking me with this other guy that I don't know from Adam. You sound like that wheel of cheese that accuses the crackers of kissing, in the cheeze-its commercial.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

AndyJackson wrote:"I can just see this being what's for supper in every damned debate. Again, no thanks."
Breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner (supper), midnight snack......
Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

AndyJackson wrote:"....this other guy that I don't know from Adam. "
FTR, I and one other here are the only two "conservatives" who oppose much of what all the others wrap themselves in. There's less than a dozen who still regularly post; all the others got tired of the hateful b.s. that took the place of "intelligent debate".

Also, I am a Christian who opposes homosexuality despite the fact I've repeatedly stated I don't "hate" the person, rather their lifestyle. Instead of my opinions being accepted as different from their own, I'm accused of being obsessed with and fantasizing with the sex they have and am called anything that comes to their wee little minds, including a "closet homosexual". :lol:

Again, if you stick around, good luck.
bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr.B wrote:
FTR, I and one other here are the only two "conservatives" who oppose much of what all the others wrap themselves in. There's less than a dozen who still regularly post; all the others got tired of the hateful b.s. that took the place of "intelligent debate".

Also, I am a Christian who opposes homosexuality despite the fact I've repeatedly stated I don't "hate" the person, rather their lifestyle. Instead of my opinions being accepted as different from their own, I'm accused of being obsessed with and fantasizing with the sex they have and am called anything that comes to their wee little minds, including a "closet homosexual". :lol:

You don't hate the person, you just want to make their life as miserable as possible. Gotcha. :thumbsup:
AndyJackson
Red Shirt

bannination wrote:
Mr.B wrote:

You don't hate the person, you just want to make their life as miserable as possible. Gotcha. :thumbsup:
haha, no labeling, assumptions, demonization, character assassination.......here.
AndyJackson
Red Shirt

Vrede wrote:
AndyJackson wrote:... I don't really expect anything conservative (racist) or anything-but-adulation-for-Obama (racist) to be logically debated here...
We lefties routinely criticize Obama here, look for yourself in the "General Discussion" section, and you won't get called a "racist" unless you post racist.
The only criticism I ever see of Obama from the left is "too soft on evil racist rich capitalists"....."shoulda been hammering the (insert whatever) harder".
AndyJackson
Red Shirt

Mr.B wrote:

Funny how ANYTHING you believe regarding homosexuality.....is evil. And ANYTHING your detractors believe........is nothing but fairness, kindness, rainbows, and unicorn dung.

I don't even oppose homosexuality; do WTF you wanna do, in your house or in your van down by the river. Just don't demand that everyone genuflect on bent knee to the movement, everywhere.

The NFL draft had to be put on hold for "THE KISS". Walking Dead had to have an episode written around "THE KISS". NTM churches, curriculum, the law, and cakes.

Dammit, I said something about something. Dumbass me. I feel the flames of racism, homophobia, islamophobia, and jingoism burning my ass already.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Historically, the Republican party has been identified as advocates for business and industry; and the Democratic party has generally identified as advocates for labor. Currently, the GOP still favors the disproven "trickle down" theory of economics; they admit to doing so. Even today they spend most of their efforts toward tax cuts and favoritism for corporate fat cats and influential billionaires. I would think Andrew Jackson, actually the inventor of what eventually became the Democratic party would be more sympathetic to left leaning views. I myself have a fine distaste for stupidity, whether it be fear mongering, blatant lies, lunatic conspiracy theories, or just regular old run of the mill ignorance. It looks to me like over the past dozen years or so, the GOP has a near monopoly on that sort of thing. If Nancy Pelosi came out tomorrow and stated that "George W. Bush is establishing an enclave on his Texas ranch for white extremists in an effort to eventually influence Texas to secede from the Union" I would denigrate her as being a stupid wingnut just as I would anyone else. It remains a fact that the fringe element of the GOP has pretty much had the corner on the market for nutjob wingnut activity these past few years. When they continue and persist in in and even escalate it in spite of being ridiculed, it's even more wingnutty. None of this is hard to understand; but it is hard to deny it.
AndyJackson
Red Shirt

Vrede wrote:Look harder, Obama is roasted, as you say, for being way too corporate but also for his militarism, his spying on Americans, for Obamacare rather than single payer, for his ineffectiveness on a number of issues, for not prosecuting war criminals or the bankers that wrecked the economy, for drone warfare, and the list goes on. Not that we all agree on these criticisms, but they are all ones that have been aired by lefties here.

Oooh, you post fast. I deleted that post because I added to it. Oh well, here's the entirety:
AndyJackson wrote:... I don't really expect anything conservative (racist) or anything-but-adulation-for-Obama (racist) to be logically debated here...
We lefties routinely criticize Obama here, look for yourself in the "General Discussion" section, and you won't get called a "racist" unless you post racist.

And, as Administrator bannination says, the worst that will happen is that people will argue with you. That I know of, the only warnings issued have been when posters came close to outing a poster's real life ID, and the only suspension, ever, was 1 week for threatening real world physical violence against another poster.
That's funny.....I replied and when I hit "submit" it disappeared, because "post doesn't exist". That was weird.

But anyway, I was speaking mostly of the aggravation of debating with people who have a page full of canned insults, labels, and generic retorts not related to content.

I've already been treated to a nice helping of all that, without even discussing a topic. Why bother ?

And I repeat my last line of the post that disappeared - nobody's ever been banned ? Sounds like a North Korea press release.