The America Thread

A conservative forum.
rstrong
Captain

Re: The America Thread

Unread post by rstrong »

bannination wrote:
Vrede wrote:All that healthcare has made them soft.
You mean lack of healthcare.... I mean you get sick in Canada and you're pretty much dead with all those wait lists and death panels.
If it weren't for those wait lists and death panels, I'd still be alive today.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

rstrong wrote:
bannination wrote:
Vrede wrote:All that healthcare has made them soft.
You mean lack of healthcare.... I mean you get sick in Canada and you're pretty much dead with all those wait lists and death panels.
If it weren't for those wait lists and death panels, I'd still be alive today.
Welcome back; I was beginning to wonder if you'd frozen to death somewhere in the remote reaches of the Northwest Territory or something.
rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

neoplacebo wrote:Welcome back; I was beginning to wonder if you'd frozen to death somewhere in the remote reaches of the Northwest Territory or something.
I got very, very busy, both with work and with learning and experimenting with new stuff. (In this case, mostly more VMware and Visual Studio stuff. And learning why I won't be developing much in the way of Windows Metro / RT apps.) That usually means dropping things like forum posting for a while.

And the longer that happens, the longer it takes to catch up.
bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

rstrong wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:Welcome back; I was beginning to wonder if you'd frozen to death somewhere in the remote reaches of the Northwest Territory or something.
I got very, very busy, both with work and with learning and experimenting with new stuff. (In this case, mostly more VMware and Visual Studio stuff. And learning why I won't be developing much in the way of Windows Metro / RT apps.) That usually means dropping things like forum posting for a while.

And the longer that happens, the longer it takes to catch up.
I hate everything about the way they've done Metro / RT apps. If I wanted a closed contractual system like that I'd go with apple. OTOH, I love the way Microsoft is changing/improving entity framework - damn thing is like magic, which is both scary and cool - I'm not sure how much I want to let go of FROM blah SELECT *.
rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

bannination wrote:I hate everything about the way they've done Metro / RT apps. If I wanted a closed contractual system like that I'd go with apple.
Yup. It makes sense for those writing apps to sell to the general public.

But for those of us who want to write apps for personal use, or to distribute to a few friends or a closed group, we DON'T WANT to publish it in a store, and yet that's a requirement.

Sure, you can publish without the store if your machines are hooked to a domain controller. And I even have a domain controller at home. But that doesn't let me publish to some desktops. Or any laptops. Or tablets. Or to friends and relatives.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Well, that's fine, but what about the issues that really matter here? Like the IRS scandal that our comrade Issa is pursuing, or the god awful Benghazi event, or how this bloviating president we have continues to bring shame and degradation upon us at every turn? Continual hesitation when confronted with crises....when America is threatened it should be hammer time. God, when will it end?
rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

neoplacebo wrote:Like the IRS scandal
Good question. Karl Rove's Crossroads GPS SuperPAC - a Virginia corporation - failed to register as a charitable organization in Virginia during the 2012 election? Did the IRS allow donors to get their tax breaks anyway?
neoplacebo wrote:or the god awful Benghazi event
Not to mention over a dozen similar incidents during the previous administration alone. (Yes, really.)
neoplacebo wrote:how this bloviating president we have continues to bring shame and degradation upon us at every turn?
Only when he sticks to Republican policy. Granted, that's pretty often.
neoplacebo wrote:Continual hesitation when confronted with crises....when America is threatened it should be hammer
His reputation there is better than the previous administration. Just ask Bin Laden. Or Bin Laden's friends operating from Pakistan. Or Somali pirates.

Why? Do you think that Obama should have chosen the Republican method, and launched a ten-year occupation of Libya? Or taken a page from the Republican playbook and responded to the situation in Syria by invading Qatar?
neoplacebo wrote:God, when will it end?
Judging by Republicans rallying around folks like Ted Cruz, it'll end with the next Democrat presidency.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

:wave:
bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:
rstrong wrote:...Why?...
This is a satire thread and neoplacebo is all about satire even when it's not a satire thread.
This is satire? Get out of here lib. You obviously couldn't see reality if it bit you on the posterior.

8-)
JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Word on the street is there are a lot of speakers of the American language up in Canada being oppressed...

I think its time to free or brothers and sisters.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.
JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

USA for USA!
USA for USA!
U.S.A!

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA wrote:USA for USA!
USA for USA!
U.S.A!
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

God, that is soooooo inspiring; and patriotic as well. you bet'cha.
JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Something new I learned today. The US national anthem's melody is a rip off of an old English drinking song composed ~ 1775 called "To Anacreon in Heaven"

I bet the patriots back in the day sang this tune while being hammered on Bud Light.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anacreontic_Society
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I'm just glad that Ted Cruz and other patriotic Americans have taken the opportunity since last nights State of the Union message to reiterate that the policies of the Obama administration have done nothing but make us weaker and poorer. These economic recovery myths are just that...myths foisted on the gullible. We need to bring back leaders like George W. Bush and Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld if we're ever going to make progress.
bannination
Captain

neoplacebo wrote:I'm just glad that Ted Cruz and other patriotic Americans have taken the opportunity since last nights State of the Union message to reiterate that the policies of the Obama administration have done nothing but make us weaker and poorer. These economic recovery myths are just that...myths foisted on the gullible. We need to bring back leaders like George W. Bush and Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld if we're ever going to make progress.

Amen, I think we need Sarah Palin in there too. God bless her.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Great a wetback on an illiterate Egyptian immigrant. Even the Triple Crown ain't American anymore.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.
rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Fear not; the advertising is all-American. Triple Crown winner American Pharaoh already had a deal with Monster, the energy drink, worth over $7 million.

Had the horse not won the Triple Crown, it has a back-up deal with Arby's.