Moderator List

A conservative forum.
bannination
Captain

Moderator List

Unread post by bannination »

homerfobe, Tertius, Ragin Rebel, Howard Gap, Supsalemgr, Partisan62, The Piper, Reality, Leo Lyons

If I've missed someone you're welcome to nominate and I'll take care of it.

Edit: Added Wneglia
Edit: Added Colonel Taylor
Last edited by bannination on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added user
bannination
Captain

Re: Moderator List

Woops, yep, missed him.... that's exactly why I posted the list! Thanks!
Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

bannination wrote:homerfobe, Tertius, Ragin Rebel, Howard Gap, Supsalemgr, Partisan62, The Piper, Reality, Leo Lyons

How about Mr B?
bannination
Captain

Supsalemgr wrote:
bannination wrote:homerfobe, Tertius, Ragin Rebel, Howard Gap, Supsalemgr, Partisan62, The Piper, Reality, Leo Lyons

How about Mr B?
Unfortunately Mr B is no longer with us on the forum, and the terms of his departure he wished to keep confidential. :(

I'm going to miss the old bastard.
rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Congratulations to the new moderators. Sorry for posting a spoiler, but....

We're already on the verge of creating simulated worlds that you wouldn't be able to tell apart from the real thing. In 50 years we'll be doing it easily with people in the simulation unable to detect the difference.

In a few decades we'll be able to simulate a human brain. A full person with its own thoughts and emotions.

Stick that computer generated person in a totally realistic computer-generated world, along with some other simulated people, and it wouldn't know that it was in a simulation.

You could limit the simulation to just one room full of people, but give them each full computer generated memories of lives outside that room. You could watch their reaction to some event you create, then reset the simulation and run it again. They'd never know that their friends, memories, homes, etc. outside that room didn't exist.

Skip forward a few decades, and we'll be running large numbers of these simulations - the way large numbers of people run The Sims now. Maybe for scientific studies, maybe for marketing studies.

Or maybe for entertainment: A real person enters the simulation and gets to play President or General or CEO or movie star. Bush II or certain bankers or the former head of GM might be players who didn't do well. But everyone else in the world is computer generated, right down to emotions and memories. You wouldn't have to simulate the whole world or all of North Carolina - just give your Sims memories that they exist.

There would be simulations for history lessons: 25th century students could walk through a fully accurate simulation of your 20th century town - complete with simulated people with a lifetime of 20th century memories to give authentic 20th century reactions. We Sims would see them as another gaggle of tourists.

Now skip forward a few thousand years. There's one real world, but untold millions of 20th and 21st century simulations have been run.

Thus it's astronomically more likely that you're in one of those simulations, than in the real world.

It may be that the simulation started the moment you sat down in front of the computer - with all your memories from beforehand computer generated. And the person running the simulation - a "moderator" - is being a dick by showing you this message at you and watching how you respond.

In that case, the sim would probably end when you get up from your chair. Maybe the moderator will reset and run it again for more laughs. Maybe he just gave you moderator privileges for cheap irony.
rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

(Just doing my part to push wingnuts over the edge.)
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Max Headroom, Mitt Romney, and Defective Thorn are the vanguards of this brave new world, in my opinion. Could be wrong.....
bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:Maybe add Roland Deschain as a moderator?

That's too funny, I already did before I read your messages.

Meh, for the wingnuts it's not about "running a forum correctly" is about silencing opinions or facts that run contrary to what you believe. I don't expect anyone to post here, however, I thought it was important for any casual visitor to notice the deafening silence.
Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

The occasional Conservative may wander in.. however you know Solar will not allow any of his stooges to post here regularly..

Keeping dissenting ideas out of tiny right-wing minds is what made them great you know... :lol:
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

rstrong wrote:Congratulations to the new moderators. Sorry for posting a spoiler, but....

We're already on the verge of creating simulated worlds that you wouldn't be able to tell apart from the real thing. In 50 years we'll be doing it easily with people in the simulation unable to detect the difference.

In a few decades we'll be able to simulate a human brain. A full person with its own thoughts and emotions.
Perhaps we're already there.....I submit Sarah Palin, Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, Mark Meadows along with their willfully ignorant followers. Let's see if that gets me whacked by the "moderator."
Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

neoplacebo wrote: Let's see if that gets me whacked by the "moderator."
Nah... this is an actual free-speech forum .. you can't be banned for expressing opinions or presenting ideas... oh wait.. I'm in the Conservative Section...

Never mind... .
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Remember, it's not a real Swiss Passport unless there are holes in it, and it's not a real con unless there are holes in its head.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I wish Supsckrsalemgr and Partisan62/4/7 aka jknowgood were here. I do miss super's ignorance and part's racism.

Does anyone remember Brobin? extreme racist who claimed to be a teacher.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”