No sound with HDMI connected to TV

Wneglia
Midshipman

No sound with HDMI connected to TV

Unread post by Wneglia »

I have an ASUS laptop and when I was running Windows 8 I could run my laptop to TV via HDMI and get audio and video. Upgraded to 8.1 and now I only get video-no audio. Have looked at a number of techie forums and have tried suggestions w/o success. Any ideas?

The retired Doc.

:mrgreen:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: No sound with HDMI connected to TV

Unread post by Mr.B »

Doc....did you ever get your problem fixed? The only thing that came to my mind was the cable itself, but I didn't say anything because that would have been the first thing you checked.

I don't know anything about 8.1, but I did wonder if there were different a/v settings you had to hoop through.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Mr.B wrote:Doc....did you ever get your problem fixed? The only thing that came to my mind was the cable itself, but I didn't say anything because that would have been the first thing you checked.

I don't know anything about 8.1, but I did wonder if there were different a/v settings you had to hoop through.
Unfortunately I still have the problem, as many others have using an ASUS laptop with 8.1. I can watch most movies fine using my cell phone hooked with HDMI to the TV. Guess I will stick with that.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Wneglia wrote:
Mr.B wrote:Doc....did you ever get your problem fixed? The only thing that came to my mind was the cable itself, but I didn't say anything because that would have been the first thing you checked.

Unfortunately I still have the problem, as many others have using an ASUS laptop with 8.1. I can watch most movies fine using my cell phone hooked with HDMI to the TV. Guess I will stick with that.

Just out of curiosity....have you contacted ASUS support? You said some others are experiencing the same difficulties.

I'm somewhat familiar with ASUS; was unaware of any HD connection issues. Good luck.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Hey Doc.....be glad this'n ain't your problem!

Man working at analog computer, 1968