Apple App Store Virus

rstrong
Captain

Apple App Store Virus

Unread post by rstrong »

Apple app store was hacked, and hundreds of major apps have been found to be infected. The virus can steal your iCloud password and other personal data.

Early news reports are treating it as a problem strictly in the Chinese app store. But now that people are looking, they're finding infected apps in the app stores for other countries. (Including Canada.)

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Apple App Store Virus

Unread post by Boatrocker »

So I guess that whole "Apple stuff doesn't get viruses" hubris is all done, huh?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

....bbbbbut you pay extra for apple to not have these problems..... and developers pay more so.....

Yeah. screw apple.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

This may serve to bring their pricing and policies and program design (fuck you, iTune syncing!) into line with reality and actual user wishes.
Or not.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Boatrocker wrote:This may serve to bring their pricing and policies and program design (fuck you, iTune syncing!) into line with reality and actual user wishes.
Or not.
iTunes exists only to keep people on the Windows platform.

For all the claims Windows users hear about how Macs are so much better, too many are familiar with the utter garbage that is iTunes. And many still remember the garbage that was the Quicktime player. Neither program could exist without someone saying "We need to teach people to avoid anything written by Apple."