Streaming Media

JTA
Commander

Streaming Media

Unread post by JTA »

I've been using XBMC w/ Navi-x for about a month now.

Have any of you ever used it? Got any other suggestions?
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Streaming Media

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

JTA wrote:Got any other suggestions?
About half or more of our media is enjoyed streaming ... either via apps (Netflix, Vudu, Hulu..) built into the equipment (TV, BR-Player, Media Hub) or from a dedicated HD-Media PC .. I prefer the dedicated devices but for now I believe a PC will be required to take advantage of all that streaming has to offer.
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

For video I stream the Daily Show and Colbert Report straight off the Comedy Central site. For news I occasionally stream right off the news service web pages. Beyond that I don't watch much TV.

For music I've built up a library of 7643 songs (I just checked) in high bitrate MP3 format after (legally) sharing with friends. I don't bother with the Apple or Blackberry stores except for apps. MP3s work on anything, and I can stream or just copy them to the Playbook and iPad with various Apps.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

rstrong wrote:For music I've built up a library of 7643 songs (I just checked) in high bitrate MP3 format after (legally) sharing with friends. .
Ditto.. I started transferring to mp3 format several years ago.. 22,000+ tunes.. flac in some incidences.. However there are still times that I play vinyl .. .. there's a ritual to playing vinyl records that is comforting to me..
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..