MP3 Player

JTA
Commander

MP3 Player

Unread post by JTA »

I'm looking for an mp3 player to replace my recently deceased Zune. Several people have suggested I simply upgrade to a smart phone, but I can't pack as much music on them and I want something that isn't a touch screen (I also don't want a smart phone), so I've been thinking about purchasing an iPod classic.

Does anyone have one of these? There's a few different "generations". I don't want to drop money on a new one so I was thinking about going for a used "Generation 6" iPod classic. Any thoughts? Is there any significant advantage to the newest, generation 7, model?
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Corky1953

Re: MP3 Player

Unread post by Corky1953 »

I suggest you look into Sansa by SanDisk. http://www.sandisk.com/products/music-v ... p3-player/ I've had mine for years.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I was really happy with a Walkman for a long time. Size of a credit card, holds many many books (which is what I had on it) Probably would hold your music collection easily. Simple to use. Dependable. Good sound. I use the Galaxy S3 now, though.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:I was really happy with a Walkman for a long time. Size of a credit card, holds many many books (which is what I had on it) Probably would hold your music collection easily. Simple to use. Dependable. Good sound. I use the Galaxy S3 now, though.
People keep telling me I should just get a smart phone, but I really do use the hell out of mp3 players - working, chores around the house, in the car, etc..

I ended up purchasing an iPod. So far it seems pretty legit. I had my Zune for years. I had to replace the hard drive once from dropping it, and the battery as well because it wasn't holding a charge. The headphone jack was just starting to fail on me as well which would have been a bit trickier to replace, so I guess it was a good time to move on.

So far the only things I preferred about the Zune over the iPod are 1) The software. iTunes seems like garbage. My main complaint is it doesn't use the ID3 tag ratings but instead stores it's own ratings in a local DB file or something. Luckily there's some scripts out there you can use to remedy this, or you can just media monkey or some other 3rd party software. 2) The Mp3 player controls. I don't care for the click-wheel thing. I could adjust the volume, pause, and switch songs easily with the Zune without having to remove it from my pocket by pushing buttons. I cant' really adjust the volume as easily with the iPod.

Overall though I'd say it's a step up. Seems pretty nice so far. It's also a pretty good fashion accessory and makes me look hip and groovy.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.