Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

Am I the one who lived in a cave because I was never taught to see race but the person. By 30 I had a family working on my 3rd business, built my own custom house from the ground up. All my businesses were customer related. By 40 I had sold or closed 2 of them to over see the maintenance dept. of 17 buildings in three states. So maybe I had no choice but not see bigotry.
I am very surprised at the way some here have been raised, most like me in the 20th century.
I have used the phrase Chewed down never Jewed, It wasn't allowed or my family just never used it so I never heard it.
Ghetto was never ever used to represent any race but as has been said by others a slummy area.
Gyped. We said you were Chipped, only received a part of what you were supposed to.
I personally like to think I did a whole lot in my short life and there is so much more I want to do but it seems some here have lived in a cave of their own making and should get out and experience the world of others. Maybe then you wouldn't be ignorant of others. Automatically thinking someone can't make a good wage just because of their ethnicity. Wow just Wow! :? :? :cry:

Just this weekend at an event at a county HS I had discussion with a women because I didn't notice that one of the kids with us was African-American. It got real stupid real fast just because I said oh I didn't notice. I forgot the name of one of the children with us and someone said oh it's the black kid and I said I didn't notice and a women out of no place said how couldn't you have noticed. Are there people out there who just see race first thing and nothing else. WTF is the world reverting where EVERYTHING has to be about race. I said sorry but they are just kids to me. She went off for 4-5 minutes until another parent polity told her basically STFU. I went out to my car to finish reading my magazines and they woudn't refund my money either.. Oh well as the world crumbles.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Most people notice the ethnicity of a person as the first descriptor of that person; gender is right up there with it. Any report of a crime that has happened, the first thing they say about it is "a thin white man" or "a stocky black man" or some such thing. There's nothing racist or sexist about either of these. If you think there is, then you're confused. And to say you "didn't notice" the ethnicity of some kid, or anyone else, just makes you look ignorant or a liar. Sorry you didn't realize any of this.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

neoplacebo wrote:Most people notice the ethnicity of a person as the first descriptor of that person; gender is right up there with it. Any report of a crime that has happened, the first thing they say about it is "a thin white man" or "a stocky black man" or some such thing. There's nothing racist or sexist about either of these. If you think there is, then you're confused.
You are describing someone for a criminal purpose to be apprehended. Like saying he was skinny or fat or tall or short. I do think that's different they just associating ghetto with blacks just because.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Try again.....read the first sentence of my post. Read it twice, or as much as you have to in order for it to register.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

neoplacebo wrote:Try again.....read the first sentence of my post. Read it twice, or as much as you have to in order for it to register.
I read it and don't think it's all that true. When a person walked into my place of business I could of cared less if you were a martian I was trying to see you something you obviously needed.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Fine. If you're ever assaulted or if you're ever the recipient of a "secret santa" type gift, make sure you tell all your friends and family that a Martian whacked you or a man from Jupiter gave you a hundred dollar bill. Good luck, whitey. You know, I am at home and not at work because I'm waiting for the UPS delivery person (which I feel sure I will notice if that person is white, black, brown, red, yellow, or purple, and if that person is a female or a male; I will also notice that the truck the person is driving is brown) and none of that observation can be called racist or sexist unless you're just stupid.
Last edited by neoplacebo on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

neoplacebo wrote:Fine. If you're ever assaulted or if you're ever the recipient of a "secret santa" type gift, make sure you tell all your friends and family that a Martian whacked you or a man from Jupiter gave you a hundred dollar bill. Good luck, whitey.
Never ever sad I was white. Why do you assume this?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Colonel Taylor wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:Fine. If you're ever assaulted or if you're ever the recipient of a "secret santa" type gift, make sure you tell all your friends and family that a Martian whacked you or a man from Jupiter gave you a hundred dollar bill. Good luck, whitey.
Because you have a latent fear of blacks and other non whites. That's the only explanation for your obsession with race.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

neoplacebo wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:
Because you have a latent fear of blacks and other non whites. That's the only explanation for your obsession with race.
LOL Wow like I said. My obsession is with those who can' see past it as a way of life.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Nobody has seriously said you were prejudiced, Colonel, nor has anyone seriously said you would discriminate in your business or personal life on the basis of race. But get a grip, man - race is a neutral descriptor. No different from hair color. If your friend had asked about the "kid with red hair" or the "kid with a blue mohawk" would you have said, "Oh I didn't notice?" If you took the group of kids off to the mall and they wandered off, would you tell those helping you look for them that "I don't know what they look like - maybe male, maybe female, maybe white...I don't notice."

O Really
Admiral

Vrede posted, "You missed the lesson. We are to treat people equally but, especially in America, we are unable to understand them fully without recognizing their race."

'Tis true, but maybe we should just work on getting him to admit that sometimes race is just a description. I'm thinking we could get somebody to point out a black guy to him, and maybe he could go over and talk to him. Something like, "Excuse me, sir - not that I can tell the difference in how people look - they all look the same to me - but my friend over there says you're black. If this is true, could you tell me if others notice you're black, or if you notice if other people are white? And could you tell me if your race plays any part in your life?" Yeah, that would work.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Vrede wrote:Why the new thread, too embarrassed by the existing one?
http://blueridgedebate.com/phpBB3/viewt ... &start=150
Colonel Taylor wrote:Am I the one who lived in a cave because I was never taught to see race but the person.

You missed the lesson. We are to treat people equally but, especially in America, we are unable to understand them fully without recognizing their race.

...So maybe I had no choice but not see bigotry.

You choose what to remain ignorant of.

I am very surprised at the way some here have been raised, most like me in the 20th century.

Almost no one is like you in any way.

I have used the phrase Chewed down never Jewed, It wasn't allowed or my family just never used it so I never heard it.

Bargaining was "Chewed someone down"? Strange, since you do post other stereotypes about Jews:
Vrede wrote:Det.Thorn hates jewish people.
Det.Thorn (Colonel Taylor) wrote:...liberal Jewish community in Hollywood...
Det.Thorn wrote:...could be from the (jewish) NY financial sect...
Ghetto was never ever used to represent any race but as has been said by others a slummy area.

No dictionary in your home? Figures. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ ... =t&ld=1121

Gyped. We said you were Chipped, only received a part of what you were supposed to.

Really? New to me.

I personally like to think I did a whole lot in my short life and there is so much more I want to do but it seems some here have lived in a cave of their own making and should get out and experience the world of others.

Impossible if you don't know that race shapes that world. You must live in a cave.

Maybe then you wouldn't be ignorant of others. Automatically thinking someone can't make a good wage just because of their ethnicity. Wow just Wow! :? :? :cry:

No one has said that, liar. However, on average, race does affect wages and Mexican farm workers are never upper middle class.

Just this weekend at an event at a county HS I had discussion with a women because I didn't notice that one of the kids with us was African-American. It got real stupid real fast just

With you involved that is no surprise.

because I said oh I didn't notice. I forgot the name of one of the children with us and someone said oh it's the black kid and I said I didn't notice and a women out of no place said how couldn't you have noticed. Are there people out there who just see race first thing

Yes, the observant and honest do.

and nothing else.

Who said "nothing else". You're making things up again. Race is as obvious as, say, shirt color.

WTF is the world reverting where EVERYTHING has to be about race.

What have you reverted to that you don't know that it still matters in this country? Just by being born white you had privileges that others didn't.

I said sorry but they are just kids to me. She went off for 4-5 minutes

Your stupidity does lead to that.

until another parent polity told her basically STFU.

Needed a wet nurse?

I went out to my car to finish reading my magazines and they woudn't refund my money either.. Oh well as the world crumbles.
You wanted them to pay you for your snit, victim?
So vred just to support her racism tells a thousand lies. Please find any post where I said I was white? Again we will wait.
Where did I ever say I hated Jews? Again we will wait you lying piece of crap. Do you ever ever tell the truth?
Another lie, when I said I knew Mexican farmers(workers) who made a middle class living you and stinger jumped all over making fun of my comment as well as the fact they weren't capable. You even have admitted they aren't capable of learning like the rest of the kids in the county and need special classes. That is a racist point of view! I said they could learn as well as anyone. You fought with everyone for pages and pages that they need special classes and treatment.
Now twist some more and tell a few more lie.

O Really
Admiral

So maybe they really do all look alike to him....

http://www.pnas.org/content/107/46/20081

O Really
Admiral

It gets funnier if you imagine he's black and read his first post again. Woman standing there looking at a black guy who says he didn't notice "one of" the kids in his group was (also) black. :lol:

We can be pretty sure he's not Hispanic. Maybe he's Asian. Nope, not good enough English for that.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Vrede wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:...Where did I ever say I hated Jews? Again we will wait you lying piece of crap. Do you ever ever tell the truth?

You post despicable stereotypes about Hollywood/banker Jews. We can all see it and recognize the hatred that motivates it, you lying piece of crap. Do you ever look in the mirror and see the white bigot that we can all see?

Oh so your mind reading abilities tell you these things You are a first class buffoon, there that's what my mind says about you!

Another lie, when I said I knew Mexican farmers(workers) who made a middle class living

You said "upper middle class farm workers" not "Mexican farmers(workers) who made a middle class", you lying piece of crap.

So why do you think they aren't capable of making good wages. Explain for us? We'll wait.

you and stinger jumped all over making fun of my comment as well as the fact they weren't capable.

No we didn't, you lying piece of crap. We said that farm laborers are never "upper middle class". Everyone smarter than you - ummm, everyone - knows that.

I never said LABORS that was part of YOUR TWIST. I said workers which anyone who has ever worked knows that can include owners, leasers and anyone who works. Keep Twisting!

You even have admitted they aren't capable of learning like the rest of the kids in the county and need special classes. That is a racist point of view! I said they could learn as well as anyone. You fought with everyone for pages and pages that they need special classes and treatment.

No, we argued for ending the segregation while you were posting that BDES kids are not as smart as HES kids, you lying piece of crap.

So tell us why they can't learn like everyone else since you have convinced yourself they can't learn?

Now twist some more and tell a few more lie.
That is on field where I am unable to compete with you.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

As for me, I'm still waiting on the UPS delivery, and am now on pins and needles wondering what race and gender the person will be. I am also thinking of asking them if they happen to notice what race I am....maybe just something like "excuse me, but I'd just like to know if you noticed when I came to the door that I was a white guy about six feet tall and maybe 180lbs or if you thought maybe I was a black guy dressed up as a white guy or if you thought I was a Martian dressed up as a white guy." I probably won't do that, because if I did, they might not come to my house again next time I order something. Oh, by the way, sometimes, when I talk to someone on the phone, I can tell if they're black or white or from India or if they're Asian just by their accent or the way they say things. Isn't that weird?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

UPS delivery is a white guy; the first thing I noticed other than the brown van. I would also have noticed if he'd been driving a (brown) Corvette. Flash update

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

neoplacebo wrote:Most people notice the ethnicity of a person as the first descriptor of that person;
We are biologically hardwired to notice differences in people, right there in the old amygdala. Our survival as a species has depended on those abilities to detect and differentiate in order to determine the threat level of any outside stimulus.

Only a blind person or someone operating with just a dysfunctional brain stem would fail to notice what someone else looks like.

Clue: Defective Thong's not blind.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

O Really wrote:Nobody has seriously said you were prejudiced, Colonel, nor has anyone seriously said you would discriminate in your business or personal life on the basis of race. But get a grip, man - race is a neutral descriptor. No different from hair color. If your friend had asked about the "kid with red hair" or the "kid with a blue mohawk" would you have said, "Oh I didn't notice?" If you took the group of kids off to the mall and they wandered off, would you tell those helping you look for them that "I don't know what they look like - maybe male, maybe female, maybe white...I don't notice."
Can you imagine the description Defective Thong would give police if these two held up his "place of business"?

"Well, there was a blonde white guy with a reddish-brown beard and a two-foot tall mohawk wearing a blue t-shirt and a blue denim jacket with a hood.

I can't remember what the other guy looked like. I couldn't see him."

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Colonel Taylor wrote:
Another lie, when I said I knew Mexican farmers(workers) who made a middle class living you and stinger jumped all over making fun of my comment as well as the fact they weren't capable.

Two lies in one.

1) You said you knew Mexican farm laborers who made UPPER middle-class incomes ($80,000 plus). You don't know any.

2) You said we jumped all over and/or made fun of the "fact that they {Mexicans in general) "weren't capable"of making UPPER middle-class incomes. We never said that.

I know Mexicans who earn UPPER middle-class incomes, and I know Mexican farm workers. They aren't the same people.

Amazing how you start a thread that you immediately have to fill with lies.

SSDD.