edit feature

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

edit feature

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

in the past I have been able to edit my posts. today I can only edit the ones from this session, what's up

also, sometimes I can't see banni's or verde's links in their posts. during quoting, the site shows and I can paste it but page is all blank otherwise
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Re: edit feature

Unread post by bannination »

Ok, I have an explanation for post editing, I did limit the edit feature to only be available for 60 minutes after the original post. I will extend this to something much much longer. My object was to keep anyone from changing their post that was made weeks ago. (Keeping the cons honest...... honestly.)

I need to check in on the edit option in the con forum. It should be subject to the same 60 minute limit of changing, of course the cons in that area of the forum are the ones with permanent full edit permissions.

So yeah, you guys are right, I've been tinkering!

Changed time limit for editing posts to 4320 - 3 Days. I'll check into the edit problem on the con forum, I have idea on why that might be specifically affecting you.

bannination
Captain

Great! Achievement Unlocked! :>

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

banni's pic - more boobs less guns

I can't see it in the thread. I can click quote and the address shows up and I have to copy and paste to see the picture

same with verde's test - all I see is "Are You a Psychopath? Take the Test."

if I ckick quote, then I see a youtube address
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

billy.pilgrim wrote:banni's pic - more boobs less guns

I can't see it in the thread. I can click quote and the address shows up and I have to copy and paste to see the picture

same with test
I'm going to go out on a limb, and say it's on your end. What browser to you happen to be using, I'll try and reproduce it?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

bannination wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:banni's pic - more boobs less guns

same with test
I'm going to go out on a limb, and say it's on your end. What browser to you happen to be using, I'll try and reproduce it?

internet explorer

bannination
Captain

billy.pilgrim wrote: internet explorer
Ok, I reproduced the problem with my pictures not loading. Apparently it was the image host I was using, I switched hosts. They should load now, try it: http://blueridgedebate.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 1&start=75

(For those interested it was bayimg.com that was the original host.)

I'm not having any luck reproducing the youtube videos now showing up, but I haven't given up yet. I was testing on IE6, however, getting and installing IE7 to see maybe if it's specific to that version, apparently at least some posters still use that version.

bannination
Captain

Other than IE 6 and 7 making the site look awful, they seem to load those youtube vids fine. I'm at a loss....

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Vrede wrote:Edit in the con forum is back for me, with the 3 day time limit.

It's always a good idea to quote something stupid. That way they can't edit it away when challenged.
Removing Vrede's ability to edit is devastating to him.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

bannination wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote: internet explorer
Ok, I reproduced the problem with my pictures not loading. Apparently it was the image host I was using, I switched hosts. They should load now, try it: http://blueridgedebate.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 1&start=75

(For those interested it was bayimg.com that was the original host.)

I'm not having any luck reproducing the youtube videos now showing up, but I haven't given up yet. I was testing on IE6, however, getting and installing IE7 to see maybe if it's specific to that version, apparently at least some posters still use that version.

titties are in front and looking good

DooHickey
Pilot Officer

Unread post by DooHickey »

What I find to be a real pisser is when you're typing out your post and you want to pause to find a reference. You go to your intended site, find what you want, and inadvertently hit the 'back' button to return to your partially written out post. Oh crap!

Webpage has expired

Most likely cause:
•The local copy of this webpage is out of date,
and the website requires that you download it again.

Something to try:
Click on the Refresh button on the toolbar to reload the page.
After refreshing, you might need to navigate to the specific webpage again,
or re-enter information.

dammit! everything just got erased!

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I've learned to write any long responses in Word and then paste them in.

Cannonpointer
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Cannonpointer »

My account has no quote feature and no edit feature - makes the forum pretty clunky.
_________________________________________________________________________________

A burglar can only steal what you have.
A banker can steal what you have, and what you're GONNA have.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Cannonpointer wrote: "My account has no quote feature and no edit feature - makes the forum pretty clunky."
You've probably just encountered a quirk.

Dunno why I should tell you this, other than from the goodness of my heart......I would try creating a new account using a new password.
You can still use your old screen name, possibly by capitalizing the 'P', or separating the 'Cannon' and 'Pointer' into two words......
or maybe the forum gods didn't like your attitude. Try getting rid of your "signature". :shock: :wtf:

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Mr.B wrote:(To Cannonpointer:) Try getting rid of your "signature". :shock: :wtf:
On this, MrB, we agree.
Being tacky should have its limits.

I mean, if one desires to be misogynistic or a derivative thereof, please, go somewhere else and be so ... that'd be great.

Cannonpointer
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Cannonpointer »

Mr. B said:

You've probably just encountered a quirk.

Dunno why I should tell you this, other than from the goodness of my heart......I would try creating a new account using a new password.
You can still use your old screen name, possibly by capitalizing the 'P', or separating the 'Cannon' and 'Pointer' into two words......
or maybe the forum gods didn't like your attitude. Try getting rid of your "signature". :shock: :wtf:

Well, sir, you have a good heart. Just for that, I SHALL get rid of my siggy, even if your suggestion does not work.
_________________________________________________________________________________

A burglar can only steal what you have.
A banker can steal what you have, and what you're GONNA have.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Cannonpointer, what browser are you using? What version?

If you're using Internet Explorer, have you tried Compatibility Mode? (That's the "broken page" icon at the right in the URL box. This will log you out - so the Edit and Quote buttons would disappear anyway - but you should see them after you log back in.)

Are the buttons there but invisible? I had this problem on this forum once.

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Cannonpointer wrote:Just for that, I SHALL get rid of my siggy, even if your suggestion does not work.
Just don't make it in italics ... I've already blocked the misogynistic one:

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("blueridgedebate.com") {
 div .signature SPAN[style="font-style: italic"] {display:none!important;}
}  
Sorry, Vrede, your sig went away with it (yours in italics as well ... no other reason :) )

Cannon Pointer

Unread post by Cannon Pointer »

mike wrote:
Cannonpointer wrote:Just for that, I SHALL get rid of my siggy, even if your suggestion does not work.
Just don't make it in italics ... I've already blocked the misogynistic one:

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("blueridgedebate.com") {
 div .signature SPAN[style="font-style: italic"] {display:none!important;}
}  
Sorry, Vrede, your sig went away with it (yours in italics as well ... no other reason :) )
You can undo your italics if you wish. The offending siggy is gone.
A fast mouth and a cheap suit won't get you too far in this life.
But apply yourself, an you can get a nice suit. Then, the sky is the limit.

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Cannon Pointer wrote: You can undo your italics if you wish. The offending siggy is gone.
Alright, then. Don't make me have to do it again. Image