The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Why Charges Against Protesters Are Being Dismissed by the Thousands
:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Next up:
Waves of civil rights lawsuits;
Zero accountability for almost all abusive cops and PDs.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

MN cop that murdered George Floyd in May attempting a fraud conspiracy in order to protect his assets:

Judge rejects Derek Chauvin divorce filing due to possible fraud

Figures.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

:lol: Derek better focus on protecting his ass from Big Lance once he's been sentenced to the big house.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Driving while Black in Ohio:

Ohio authorities, victim's family share conflicting stories after fatal shooting of 23-year-old Black man Casey Goodson

Driving while White in Ohio:

Wait, where’s the part where they unload their clips into the vehicle?
I cant qwhite figure out why he's not dead
I find white on white violence in this country to be quite distasteful and I'm so glad these police officers acted with respect to this perfectly nice white man. :think:
Article
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The worst Attorney General in the country, Texas' Ken Paxton, gets slapped down again:
Texas court: Compensate man wrongly convicted in cop's death

A state agency shouldn't have denied compensation to a man who was wrongfully imprisoned —including for nearly a decade on death row — for the fatal shooting of a Houston police officer, the Texas Supreme Court ruled Friday.

After a judge signed an order in May 2019 declaring Alfred Dewayne Brown innocent in the April 2003 slaying of Officer Charles Clark during a robbery of a check-cashing store, Brown was eligible for nearly $2 million in compensation under state law. He spent more than 12 years in prison.

But the Texas Comptroller’s office, which awards money to individuals who have been wrongfully imprisoned, rejected Brown’s application....

“We direct the Comptroller to... compensate Brown for the time he was wrongfully imprisoned,” Justice Eva Guzman wrote for the court.

Brown’s attorney, Neal Manne, said he was thrilled his client “will now receive a small measure of justice from the state of Texas.”

“Now I think (Brown) can finally close this chapter of his life knowing that the very highest court in Texas unanimously agreed he was treated wrongly and that he’s entitled to be compensated for it,” said Manne, whose firm Susman Godfrey represented Brown for free in his case.

Manne called the decision by the Comptroller’s office to reject Brown’s request for compensation a “political decision.”

Last year, the Houston Chronicle reported Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton had urged the Comptroller’s office in a letter to deny Brown compensation because he had questions about his innocence. One week after the letter was received, Brown’s application was denied....
"unanimously"

:clap: :---P

Also, the coverup by police and prosecutors means that the real cop killer was never charged or punished.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump's execution spree reflects death penalty system 'shaped by racial bias,' critics say

Many have come to believe that Brandon Bernard should have lived. The jurors who sentenced him to death two decades ago think so. So does a former federal prosecutor who helped send him to death row.

Bernard was executed Dec. 10. Barring court intervention, the Trump administration will have executed a total of 13 prisoners by January, outnumbering any presidency since Franklin D. Roosevelt’s and outnumbering all states combined. Nearly half of the prisoners who were executed and are scheduled for execution, including Bernard, are Black....
Judge delays execution of only woman on US death row

... Moss prohibited the Bureau of Prisons from carrying out Lisa Montgomery’s execution before the end of the year and officials rescheduled her execution date for Jan. 12. But Moss ruled on Wednesday that the agency was also prohibited from rescheduling the date while a stay was in place.

“The Court, accordingly, concludes that the Director’s order setting a new execution date while the Court’s stay was in effect was ‘not in accordance with law,’” Moss wrote....

Under the order, the Bureau of Prisons cannot reschedule Montgomery’s execution until at least Jan. 1. Generally, under Justice Department guidelines, a death-row inmate must be notified at least 20 days before the execution. Because of the judge’s order, if the Justice Department chooses to reschedule the date in January, it could mean that the execution would be scheduled after Biden’s inauguration on Jan. 20.

A spokesperson for Biden has told The Associated Press the president-elect “opposes the death penalty now and in the future” and would work as president to end its use in office. But Biden’s representatives have not said whether executions would be paused immediately once Biden takes office....

Two other federal inmates are scheduled to be executed in January but have tested positive for coronavirus and their attorneys are also seeking delays to their executions.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Hey Moscow Mitch, look who will be investigating your sleazy, corrupt, criminal team.

Merrick Garland Is To Be Joe Biden's Nominee For Attorney General

:laughing-rolling:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:17 pm
Hey Moscow Mitch, look who will be investigating your sleazy, corrupt, criminal team.

Merrick Garland Is To Be Joe Biden's Nominee For Attorney General

:laughing-rolling:
What a terrible choice. He's a fucking repug who will be seen as having a grudge to settle every time he goes after anyone.

Doug Jones would have been far better.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:06 pm
What a terrible choice. He's a fucking repug
I am unable to find any indication that Garland is a Repug.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrick_Garland

He was a speechwriter for Dem Congressman Abner J. Mikva, and then continued to work for him after Carter appointed Mikva to the D.C. Circuit.
He clerked for liberal icon Supreme Court Justice William J. Brennan Jr.
He worked in Carter's DoJ.
He was a partner at the law firm founded by liberal Supreme Court Justice Justice Abe Fortas.
He was a deputy assistant attorney general and principal deputy associate attorney general under Bill Clinton.
Bill Clinton nominated Garland to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia.
... On December 1, 1995, Garland received a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee. In Senate confirmation hearings Garland said that the Supreme Court justices whom he most admired were Justice Brennan, for whom he clerked, and Chief Justice John Marshall. Garland also expressed admiration for the writing style of Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.. Senate Republicans did not then schedule a vote on Garland's confirmation, not because of concerns over Garland's qualifications but because of a dispute over whether to fill the seat.

After winning the November 1996 presidential election, Clinton renominated Garland on January 7, 1997. Garland's confirmation vote came to the floor of the Republican-controlled Senate on March 19, 1997. He was confirmed in a 76–23 vote and received his judicial commission the next day. The majority of Republican senators voted to confirm Garland, including Senators John McCain, Orrin Hatch, Susan Collins, and Jim Inhofe. Senators Mitch McConnell, Chuck Grassley, and Jeff Sessions were among those who voted against Garland. All of the 23 "no" votes came from Republicans, and all were based "on whether there was even a need for an eleventh seat" on the D.C. Circuit....

Garland is considered a judicial moderate and a centrist....
Obama nominated Garland to the SCOTUS.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
who will be seen as having a grudge to settle every time he goes after anyone.
The Repugs will do that no matter who is AG, and since when do you care what Repugs whine about? :D
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Doug Jones would have been far better.
Could be, but as a recent loser Dem he would be seen as being even more vengeful than Garland.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I didn't look. Okay, better that he's not a repug. I misremembered from when he was nominated.

Doug has an awful good resume for winning high profile cases and ran a surprisingly good race in Alabama.

I don't think Doug could be considered as a sore loser with anything against Trump or associates, but look for Fox to attack Garland at every opportunity and cnn to parrot them.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:11 pm
I don't think Doug could be considered as a sore loser with anything against Trump or associates,
I can't say, but of course he would have been described that way.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:11 pm
but look for Fox to attack Garland at every opportunity ...
Just like they did every Clinton and Obama AG.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I should be Attorney General so all this shit can be straightened out. And I'm not a Republican or Democrat. I'm a hybrid.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:01 pm
I should be Attorney General so all this shit can be straightened out. And I'm not a Republican or Democrat. I'm a hybrid.
:thumbup: Attorney General High-brid.

White man who drove into Iowa protesters avoids prison

A white man who deliberately sped his car through a crowd of racial injustice protesters in Iowa City, striking several, will avoid prison and have the incident erased from his record if he stays out of trouble for three years.

A judge last month granted a deferred judgment for Michael Ray Stepanek, 45, who told police he drove his Toyota Camry through the crowd in August because the protesters needed “an attitude adjustment.”

The sentence means a felony charge of willful injury resulting in bodily injury against Stepanek will be dismissed and expunged, as long as he does not commit a crime during a three-year term of probation. Judge Paul Miller also suspended a $1,025 civil fine....

The Johnson County Attorney’s Office, which agreed to Stepanek's plea deal, is still pursuing charges against some Black Lives Matter protesters involved in the demonstrations last summer....
:roll: :x
The Police’s Tepid Response To The Capitol Breach Wasn’t An Aberration
Authorities are more than twice as likely to break up a left-wing protest than a right-wing protest.

... Instead of National Guard troops being posted en masse around landmarks before a protest even began, we saw the Defense Department initially deny a request to send in troops — and that was after the Capitol had been breached. Instead of peaceful protesters being doused in tear gas, we saw a mob posing for selfies with police and being allowed to wander the corridors of power like they couldn’t decide whether they were invading the Capitol or touring it. Instead of President Trump calling these violent supporters “thugs,” as he called racial justice protesters, and advocating for more violent police crackdowns, we saw him remind his followers that they were loved before asking them nicely to go home....

Between May 1 and November 28, 2020, authorities were more than twice as likely to attempt to break up and disperse a left-wing protest1 than a right-wing2 one. And in those situations when law enforcement chose to intervene, they were more likely to use force — 34 percent of the time with right-wing protests compared with 51 percent of the time for the left. Given when this data was collected, it predominantly reflects a difference in how police respond to Black Lives Matter, compared with how they respond to anti-mask demonstrations, pro-Trump extremists, QAnon rallies, and militia groups....

The differences in intervention weren’t because BLM protests were particularly violent. ACLED found that 93 percent of the protests associated with BLM were entirely peaceful. “Even if we were to put those [7] percent of demonstrations aside and look purely at peaceful [BLM protests], we are seeing a more heavy handed response [compared with right-wing protests],” Kishi said.

This data is new and limited, but it is in keeping with long-documented biases in how police think about and treat Black people compared with white people, and with research that shows police and military personnel overlapping significantly with the same far-right groups they treat preferentially....
:obscene-birdiered:

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Protect and serve.
NYPD Anti-Discrimination Deputy Accused of Online Bigotry Retires Following Suspension

Stop me if you’ve heard this one: The head of the NYPD’s workplace discrimination office has been accused of being racist, misogynistic, homophobic and anti-Semitic.

Hilarious, right? I heard they also put a team of canine cops in charge of safeguarding New York’s Kibbles ‘n Bits supply....

NBC New York reports that Deputy Inspector James Kobel was suspended in November after he allegedly spent more than a year posting hateful comments about Black people, Jewish people, women, LGBTQ folks and others under the pseudonym “Clouseau”—a reference to the French detective from The Pink Panther movies. Kobel has denied that he’s the bigot behind the posts, but investigators with the City Council oversight panel said that the links are clear and that a detailed report of the allegations against Kobel will be made public. An NYPD spokesperson confirmed Monday that Kobel submitted retirement papers.
... In messages posted on the website, “Clouseau” referred to Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark as a “gap-tooth wildebeest,” ridiculed Public Advocate Jumaane Williams for having Tourette’s syndrome, called former President Barack Obama a “Muslim savage” and Mayor Bill de Blasio’s son, Dante, a “brillohead.” All of them are Black.
According to NBC, the words “animals,” “chicken wing eating,” and “inbreeding” were also used in comments attributed to Kobel. Since the comments and posts aren’t available for public viewing, we’ll just have to guess at the context in which they were used. (Damn, I do kind of want some chicken wings now, though.)

Anyway, here’s how investigators linked “Clouseau” to Kobel:
City Council investigators linked the messages to Kobel by matching information in the “Clouseau” messages to publicly available details about Kobel’s life and career, including: that both allegedly joined the NYPD at the same time, held the rank of captain or higher in 2019; both allegedly where on the job in February 2020; both allegedly served in the NYPD Housing Bureau under former Chief Joanne Jaffe; both allegedly had fathers who died in the same year at the same age after serving in the NYPD; both of their mothers allegedly died on the same day; and both are allegedly the youngest of seven children and have at least two brothers who were NYPD officers, among other shared specific personal and family characteristics.
So basically, if you want to create an openly bigoted alter ego through whom you can express your closeted bigot rage, you might want to give your second identity a different backstory.
Bigoted cops are idiots.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Not that I object to the various cities that are investigating/disciplining/suspending their cops for participating in the riot, but isn't it interesting that they can respond that quickly to that, yet take forever or often never for shooting the unarmed, running away black guy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:03 pm
Not that I object to the various cities that are investigating/disciplining/suspending their cops for participating in the riot, but isn't it interesting that they can respond that quickly to that, yet take forever or often never for shooting the unarmed, running away black guy.
:---P The intended Capitol victims were mostly White.

I'm reconsidering my blanket opposition to the death penalty:

Former Make-A-Wish Iowa CEO charged with embezzling funds
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Don't even look at the Tacoma video.

Here's Tennessee. No involvement from neo unless he drove 1/2 to Memphis.

https://www.insider.com/man-arrested-af ... ave-2021-1

Bond for insurrectionists is around $1,000.
Bond for disrespectful photoshop of a cop's grave is $76,000

And the dems and the media continue to pretend that anyone will be held accountable for the DC riots.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:21 pm
Don't even look at the Tacoma video.

Here's Tennessee. No involvement from neo unless he drove 1/2 to Memphis.

https://www.insider.com/man-arrested-af ... ave-2021-1

Bond for insurrectionists is around $1,000.
Bond for disrespectful photoshop of a cop's grave is $76,000

And the dems and the media continue to pretend that anyone will be held accountable for the DC riots.
:lol: I generally don't say anything in the presence of dead people. I recommend it. But I have no doubt Marsha Blackburn will seize on this as an example of "radical left wing socialism" or some such bullshit. And Memphis is nearly 500 miles from me, but I could make it in two hours at 250mph but don't know what I'd do when I got there.