Woodward: Obama White House Initiated Idea of Sequester

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Woodward: Obama White House Initiated Idea of Sequester

Unread post by O Really »

Partisan62 wrote:
Vrede wrote:
Partisan62 wrote:Obama was born to a Kenyan father and could have declared Kenyan citizenship at age 21. He IS a Kenyan by blood and birth, making my label that much more accurate, while applying such a label to others as you stupidly suggest would be confusing and unclear...
Mitten was born to a Mexican father and McCain is Panamanian.
If either were president, you would then be free to call them the "Mexican" or the "Panamanian". Neither has as clear a connection to despotism as "kenyan", but if that soothes your tantrum, knock yourself out.
So why is it inherently insulting to refer to Obama as a "Kenyan" - assuming what you say to be true? Or maybe you don't intend it to be insulting and use it as a term of admiration because of your love of the Kenyan people? If you want to insult me, I guess you could refer to me as a "Brit" since my mum was UK born and raised, and as a kid I spent many summers in England with relatives on her side. Oh wait, "Brit" doesn't have the same racial connotation as "Kenyan," does it. Nevermind.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Losing on some recess appointments comes to mind. A despot would have then executed SCOTUS. Partisan62 is a paranoid and frightened wingnut.
Apparently he's not a NASCAR fan, either, or he'd have a better understanding of the expression "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'."

O Really
Admiral

Just wondering, Parti - would you categorize Scott Walker as a "despot"?

And do you defend the Dem senators in their obstructionist efforts as "It's not the [Dems} job to go along with every demand from the Governor's Mansion? Hmmmm?

This is a test of your understanding of politics outside of living up to your persona name. This is only a test. Failure is not only an option, it is expected. ;)

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Partisan62 wrote:
...www.wnd.com/2012/08/obama-like-a-banana-republic-despot/

...www.redstate.com/robints/2012/06/20/revealed-despotic-obama/

...www.americanthinker.com/2009/06/obama_the_african_colonial.html
That's just funny as hell.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Ombudsman wrote:
Partisan62 wrote:
...www.wnd.com/2012/08/obama-like-a-banana-republic-despot/

...www.redstate.com/robints/2012/06/20/revealed-despotic-obama/

...www.americanthinker.com/2009/06/obama_the_african_colonial.html
That's just funny as hell.
I don't know. An adult offering up World Nut Daily and American Thinkless as legitimate sources of PROOF is really kind of sad and pathetic.

Of course, if he's a big asshole, it does start to get funny. And the bigger and more pompous the asshole, the funnier it gets, so I see your point.

O Really
Admiral

Stinger wrote: I don't know. An adult offering up World Nut Daily and American Thinkless as legitimate sources of PROOF is really kind of sad and pathetic.
Well, Parti will just come back and complain about "criticizing the messenger" but citing those is about the same as citing a movie.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

O Really wrote:
Stinger wrote: I don't know. An adult offering up World Nut Daily and American Thinkless as legitimate sources of PROOF is really kind of sad and pathetic.
Well, Parti will just come back and complain about "criticizing the messenger" but citing those is about the same as citing a movie.
Vrede wrote:Like homerfobe citing Red Dawn:

http://www.blueridgedebate.com/viewtopi ... awn#p14735

O Really
Admiral

Well, just to be clear, it isn't the source itself that makes it laughable. There are lots of trashy publications that can say something true and accurate if they choose to do so. Wasn't it the National Enquirer that accurately outed John Edwards? And isn't TMZ more often right than wrong? But what makes WND (for example) laughable as a credible source is that they never give the actual details of any accusation. If they want to show Obama is a "despot" they're going to need to show that (a) he did something that wasn't within existing law; and (b) got by with it. If it wasn't illegal (and things like issuing regulatory procedures aren't), then by definition it's not despotic. If he didn't get by with it, then the system of "checks and balances" is working. Either way, the sky is still in place and the Devil doesn't walk the earth, they aren't coming to take away your guns, and the US is still a pretty nice place to live.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:But what makes WND (for example) laughable as a credible source is that they never give the actual details of any accusation.
It's far more than that.

What makes WND laughable as a credible source is that they routinely fabricate the details of any accusation. Suppose a government document on handling virus outbreaks contains a single mention that the World Health Organization would be notified by fax, with a phone number they can call for details. The WND headline is "U.S. UNDER U.N. LAW IN HEALTH EMERGENCY", with a tale of how the government has agreed to martial law backed by U.N. troops. That's a real example BTW.

What makes WND laughable as a credible source is that they routinely STUPIDLY fabricate the details of any STUPID accusation. This is of course the WND that endlessly publishes birther claims after that dead horse had been beaten so long it's barely a discoloration on the pavement. Including their "Kenyan Birth Certificate", where the country printed on it didn't even exist at the time among other childish mistakes.

What makes WND laughable as a credible source is that it's unabashedly a source of political smears and lies, whether falsely accusing Democrat fundraisers of being involved in the drug trade (and being successfully sued) or turning the term "Swiftboating" into synonym for lies and character assassination.

It's not a case of them merely not being credible. They are professional liars. Their business is to tell lies.

O Really
Admiral

rstrong wrote:
O Really wrote:But what makes WND (for example) laughable as a credible source is that they never give the actual details of any accusation.
It's far more than that.

It's not a case of them merely not being credible. They are professional liars. Their business is to tell lies.
Good to know. I've never read anything but occasional links like Parti listed. Always felt like I needed a shower afterwards, though. Now I know why.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

rstrong wrote: It's far more than that.

What makes WND laughable as a credible source is that they routinely fabricate the details of any accusation.

They do it because there's a demand for it. There's this large contingent of Americans that doesn't want to know the facts, doesn't want to deal with reality. They demand Kool Aid. WND and many, many others supply it.

And they make money off of it.

So who gets the blame? The liars for telling the lies, or the intentionally-gullible, willfully-ignorant sheep who demand to be misled?