ron deSanctimonious

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: ron deSanctimonious

Unread post by O Really »

Foolish dreamer that I am, I used to think that sleazy people got into office by believably pretending not to be sleazy and that if the majority of the "good citizenry" knew the were sleazy they wouldn't have voted for them or they would vote them out. And that when their sleaziness was discovered, public hell would be raised, even if it was a bit hypocritical. Since Trump, that little fantasy has blown up faster than a short fuse cherry bomb.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:13 am
Foolish dreamer that I am, I used to think that sleazy people got into office by believably pretending not to be sleazy and that if the majority of the "good citizenry" knew they were sleazy they wouldn't have voted for them or they would vote them out. And that when their sleaziness was discovered, public hell would be raised, even if it was a bit hypocritical. Since Trump, that little fantasy has blown up faster than a short fuse cherry bomb.
Sleaze is now celebrated . . . mostly.
DeSantis Deemed 'Uniquely Unlikable' by Ex-GOP Rep. After Sugar-Shaming Kid

... David Jolly (R-FL), who served in the U.S. House alongside DeSantis from 2013 to 2017, said during an interview with MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace on Friday that the governor's 2024 GOP presidential primary campaign was in "free fall" due in part to his personality.

Wallace highlighted a video showing the governor interacting with a child at a county fair in Iowa on Thursday. DeSantis can be heard asking the young girl what she was eating. She responded "an ICEE," prompting the governor to briskly reply, "that's probably a lot of sugar" before moving on.
:wtf: I remember when he did the same thing to some mask-wearing child. What kind of creep is so insecure that he has to publicly display his supposed superiority over children?
"A lot of sugar?" Wallace said incredulously after playing the video clip. "He's like, sugar-shaming, ICEE-shaming a child? Has he never been to a fair? What is wrong with him?"

"I mean, what politician doesn't insult children along the campaign trail, right?" Jolly responded. "There is the old saying in politics, you shake hands and kiss babies, but don't confuse the two. Ron DeSantis is exactly the type of candidate that could confuse the two. He is not a retail politician. He's a uniquely unlikable person on the campaign trail."

"I think at the root of his entire free fall is, he was built up coming off a 20-point win in Florida with all the money in the world, told 'you're going to be the next president,'" he continued. "And then he got on the campaign trail and people said, 'I don't like this guy and he's insulting kids.'"

Jolly went on to say that DeSantis "has a hard lesson coming to him," predicting that he would "go from the hottest hand in American politics to the coolest pretty quickly." ...
:---P

"Desantis irrationally goes after Disney and makes a goofy comment to a kid eating an icee when it's blistering hot," @jloete2 tweeted. "Dude legit hates fun."

"This is the kind of joy Ron DeSantis exuded when he was in Congress," tweeted @MEPFuller. "The personality of a closet door." ...

:headscratch: That's a pro-Ron tweet? :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:
... An average of recent polls from RealClearPolitics shows that the governor is trailing Trump by 34 points. A survey released this week also indicated that DeSantis' approval rating has reached its lowest point ever.
:violin:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

pudgy ron attacking a kid for having an icee - wow, that'll go over great with intelligent young voters. Of course all the old golk moved here from somewhere else support this crap. It fits right in with their What's wrong with this younger generation.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:13 pm
pudgy ron attacking a kid for having an icee - wow, that'll go over great with intelligent young voters. Of course all the old golk moved here from somewhere else support this crap. It fits right in with their What's wrong with this younger generation.
I'll take your word for it, but it's hard to believe anybody would be supporting just plain rudeness to a kid maybe-fan.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:12 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:13 pm
I'll take your word for it, but it's hard to believe anybody would be supporting just plain rudeness to a kid maybe-fan.
I'm just guessing, but doing the same to the kid wearing a mask didn't hurt him. The biggest thing hurting ron is trump solidifying his base.
That said, so many of these old people make such perfect republicans. They don't need jobs, have no community roots, lack responsibility to the environment or a next generation. They're perfectly comfortable watching fox all day while wearing clothes they boxed up 30 years ago and complaining about Florida.

They still love pudgy bully deSanctimonious, they just love trump more.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

"Republican presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said in an interview Wednesday morning that, if elected, he would consider appointing Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.—who is running against DeSantis as a Democrat—to lead either the Food and Drug Administration or Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollybohan ... f-elected/

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Credit to freon at lnf

Ron Duh, or Ron-duh

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:17 pm
Credit to freon at lnf

Ron Duh, or Ron-duh
:clap:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

I really can't fathom the endgame for Ron. Is it losing in the primary, the general and national scorn?

AP Psychology effectively banned in Florida because of gender, sexuality chapter
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Speaking as the son of a shrink, cutting gender/sexuality out of a psychology book is like cutting the periodic table of elements out of a chemistry class. Idiots.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:47 pm
I really can't fathom the endgame for Ron. Is it losing in the primary, the general and national scorn?

AP Psychology effectively banned in Florida because of gender, sexuality chapter
viewtopic.php?p=187315#p187315 :P Great minds . . .

IMO the endgame is a christofascist autocracy. It's looking less likely that DerSantis will head it outside of FL, but the goal remains.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:49 pm

IMO the endgame is a christofascist autocracy. It's looking less likely that DerSantis will head it outside of FL, but the goal remains.
Do you suppose they actually know what it is they're trying for?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:47 pm

viewtopic.php?p=187315#p187315 :P Great minds . . .

I almost put my post over there to boot. :D

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:14 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Do you suppose they actually know what it is they're trying for?
:D Most of them would probably not choose the phrase "christofascist autocracy."
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: ron-duh's wife thing

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/2023/08/03 ... did-it-go/

"Over $63 million in donations rolled into the Florida Disaster Fund as images of the storm's devastation filled the airwaves, according to Volunteer Florida, the nonprofit organization that oversees the fund. Volunteer Florida reports it has awarded about $54 million to charity and response agencies."

Sorry - paywall

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: ron-duh's wife thing

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:24 am
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/2023/08/03 ... did-it-go/

"Over $63 million in donations rolled into the Florida Disaster Fund as images of the storm's devastation filled the airwaves, according to Volunteer Florida, the nonprofit organization that oversees the fund. Volunteer Florida reports it has awarded about $54 million to charity and response agencies."

Sorry - paywall
No paywall:

Casey DeSantis raised $63M for Hurricane Ian relief. Where did it go?

What do you think?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-say ... 46769.html
GOP Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis continued on his tirade against federal bureaucrats while speaking on the campaign trail Wednesday.

"We are going to start slitting throats on day one," DeSantis said about federal bureaucrats, leading to some dissatisfaction among the crowd at the campaign stop in New Hampshire, according to New Hampshire Public Radio....
:wtf:
... The president of the American Federation of Government Employees, a labor union that represents more than 650,000 federal workers, said in a statement that DeSantis' comments were "disgusting, disgraceful, and disqualifying."

"These public servants deserve respect and commendation from our nation's leaders," said Everett Kelley. "No federal employee should face death threats from anyone, least of all from someone seeking to lead the U.S. government. Governor DeSantis must retract his irresponsible statement."
:---P
... In a recent New York Times survey, DeSantis finished second among currently declared Republican presidential candidates, trailing behind former President Donald Trump by 37 percentage points. The same survey found that likely Republican voters much prefer a presidential candidate who thinks the "government should stay out of deciding what corporations can support" rather than one who promises "to fight corporations that promote 'woke' left ideology," as DeSantis has pledged to do time and time again.
Hah!
DeSantis does have time to claw back supporters in the GOP primary race: he qualified for and has said he'll attend the first Republican presidential debate on August 23.. And in an effort to get more eyes on his campaign, DeSantis just accepted an offer to debate California Gov. Gavin Newsom (who's not running for president).
Don't do it, Gavin. It can only increase failing Fascist DerSantis' stature no matter who "wins" the debate.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vancouver Pride Festival and parade this weekend. Police reported "no incidents", 100,000 or so people showed up to participate/watch, and since there was no DeSantis to warn of the dangers of children being smitten blind, everybody had a good time.

I kept expecting the entire city to burn with the fire of Hell, but apparently God let it go this time.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouv ... 023-photos

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Florida Students Now Need Parental Permission to Use Nicknames, 'Alternate' Names Under New Ron DeSantis Rule

"If you would like for your child to be able to use a name aside from their legal given name on any of our campuses, we will ask for you to complete the consent form titled 'Parental Authorization for Deviation from Student's Legal Name Form.'"

I'm curious if this applies to athletes. Doesn't my first amendment right to label myself as Billy the Tank increase my football fearsomeness?

O Really
Admiral

That's nutz. Clearly intended as a slam toward trans or other ambisextrous people, but with a truly bizarre side effect. Will it also be unlawful for a person to CALL someone by a nickname? Can a student choose to use their middle name? And are we really sure "Ron" is his legal name? And did his mother approve his change from "Ronald"?