R.I.P. k9nanny

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Leo Lyons
Ensign

R.I.P. k9nanny

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Kicking back in the hammock enjoying a rum & Coke, I scanned the obits in the paper and saw where K9nanny departed this
so enjoyable life. I don't usually find obituaries funny, but knowing what I knew in this forum about K9nanny, I couldn't
help but chuckle when I read that she "went home to be with the Lord." Must've been Lord Vader.
Last edited by Leo Lyons on Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: R.I.P. k9nanny

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:48 am
Kicking back in the hammock enjoying a rum & Coke, I scanned the obits in the paper and saw where K9nanny departed this
so enjoyable life. I don't usually find obituaries funny, but knowing what I knew in this forum about K9nanny, I couldn't
help but chuckle when I read that she "went home to be with the Lord." Must've been Lord Vader.
Not sure that was her.

IIRC, she lived in Mills River and was already retired.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:48 am
so enjoyable life. I don't usually find obituaries funny, but knowing what I knew in this forum about K9nanny, I couldn't help but chuckle when I read that she "went home to be with the Lord." Must've been Lord Vader.
Thanks for letting us know. IIRC she was anti-xtian bigots, not anti-god. -0-?
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:01 am
Not sure that was her.

IIRC, she lived in Mills River and was already retired.
I didn't keep up with irl comms. :angry-banghead:
Pamela Whitmire Hodges

Pamela Whitmire Hodges, 70, of Flat Rock, NC, went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, September 20, 2023 after a short, heroic battle with cancer.

Pam was a vegetable grower for 27 years, & operated the Red Barn Kennel for the next 18 years. Pam loved the mountains of Western North Carolina, and her loyal German Shepherd dogs. She will be sorely missed.

A memorial service will be at 1:00 PM, Saturday, September 30, 2023 in The Chapel in The Pines of Jackson Funeral Service.

Jackson Funeral Service is honored to serve the Pamela Hodges family.

Posted online on September 23, 2023
Published in Hendersonville Times-News
:( I never met her husband or anyone else she was connected with. Not sure if I'll attend the service. RIP.
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

So that was her, I did not know.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:37 pm
So that was her, I did not know.
FYI, I edited while you were posting, nothing too important.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

That's sad. I enjoyed her participation. Good sense of humour; good sense.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

I wasn't going to post her identity, what with all the privacy crap and all.
Vrede said "she was anti-xtian bigots, not anti-god." I disagree, that's what humored me in that "went to be with the Lord"
part. I recall some time ago where she posted that her Mother gave her a good talking to about religion and people's false
beliefs. Anyway, don't matter; I'm guessing she'll know for sure before we will.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:30 pm
I wasn't going to post her identity, what with all the privacy crap and all.
I hesitated, but the dead don't care. A few folks know, they have my permission to out my ID when I die.
Vrede said "she was anti-xtian bigots, not anti-god." I disagree, that's what humored me in that "went to be with the Lord"
part. I recall some time ago where she posted that her Mother gave her a good talking to about religion and people's false beliefs. Anyway, don't matter; I'm guessing she'll know for sure before we will.
:roll: Actually, it was:
IIRC she was anti-xtian bigots, not anti-god. -0-?
It's just like a hypersensitive believer to dishonestly remove the two modifiers I posted.

Anyhow, one can both have faith and admit how many false beliefs the faithful have. I do remember that she was well versed in the Bible, frequently putting fundies to shame. I still chuckle remembering how she would dismantle ThisIsGene on BRN.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:10 pm
It's just like a hypersensitive believer to dishonestly remove the two modifiers I posted.
What? What are you referring to?
Vrede too wrote: Anyhow, one can both have faith and admit how many false beliefs the faithful have. I do remember that she was well versed in the Bible, frequently putting fundies to shame. I still chuckle remembering how she would dismantle ThisIsGene on BRN.
I vaguely remember those rousts, but yes, many of them were rather comical, especially when it became evident that she was better versed
in Biblical knowledge than most of those she argued with.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:03 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:10 pm
What? What are you referring to?

:roll:
Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:30 pm
... Vrede said "she was anti-xtian bigots, not anti-god." ...
In reality,
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:34 pm
Thanks for letting us know. IIRC she was anti-xtian bigots, not anti-god. -0-?
"IIRC" and " -0-? " are both caveats that mysteriously disappeared from your "quote" of me. Just quote entire sentences and you won't get griefed.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:12 am

"IIRC" and " -0-? " are both caveats that mysteriously disappeared from your "quote" of me. Just quote entire sentences and you won't get griefed.
"Dishonestly" :lol:
Speaking of someone being hypersensitive, I see you still nurse that "Everybody's always picking on me" mindset. :violin:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:33 pm
"Dishonestly" :lol:
Speaking of someone being hypersensitive, I see you still nurse that "Everybody's always picking on me" mindset. :violin:
:lol: Nice projection. You turned yourself into a victim by misquoting out my modifiers, thus creating a straw man to whine about, and now by being incapable of admitting that misquoting is wrong. Own it, everyone can see what you did.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:05 pm
Own it, everyone can see what you did.
:-|| Whatever :roll:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:35 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:05 pm
... Own it, everyone can see what you did.
:-|| Whatever :roll:
Are you regressing to being a tween? Seems to me that it would have been easier to just retract the misquote from the get-go, but I guess that would have cancelled your invented xtian victimhood at the hands of dead k9nanny. Awww.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Deleted Duplicate Post
Last edited by Leo Lyons on Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:53 pm
Are you regressing to being a tween? Seems to me that it would have been easier to just retract the misquote from the get-go,
but I guess that would have cancelled your invented xtian victimhood at the hands of dead k9nanny. Awww.
And you still have to get in the last word while tossing in an insult; how juvenile.
Yes, everyone saw "what I did" but they probably thought nothing of it.
I didn't feel it was necessary to quote the 'IIRC' texting lingo or the cutesy little -0-? fellow, because I merely quoted your words.
Had I known that leaving out what I did would create such a 'dishonest' and earth-shattering catastrophe that would cause so much
anguish and sleeplessness for you, I would certainly have inserted it too. Awww.

Sorry I created this thread; just thought others would want to know about k9nanney's passing and toss in a bit of humor over the wording in the obit.
Last edited by Leo Lyons on Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Thanks, Leo - I wouldn't have known otherwise, and I really enjoyed her here.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:13 pm
Thanks, Leo - I wouldn't have known otherwise, and I really enjoyed her here.
You're most welcome O Really. :thumbup:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:11 pm
Had I known that leaving out what I did would create such a 'dishonest' and earth-shattering catastrophe that would cause so much
anguish and sleeplessness for you, I would certainly have inserted it too. Awww.

Sorry I created this thread; just thought others would want to know about k9nanney's passing and toss in a bit of humor over the wording in the obit.
I was the first to thank you for that, which you never acknowledged, :crybaby: , and merely SUGGESTED that your humor MIGHT be a misplaced insult to k9nanny. IF she was xtian, it's wrong to deny it.

You are so confused. Zero anguish here. It's my pleasure to illuminate your deceptive xtian victimhood and lack of accountability. Thank you for that, too.
1312. ETTD.