Parti Hardi at CPAC

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Parti Hardi at CPAC

Unread post by O Really »

Now we know where Partisan has been the last couple of days...

http://news.msn.com/politics/reports-co ... e-argument

That, or apparently there are more of him.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Parti Hardi at CPAC

Unread post by Stinger »

You beat me to it. And I really think you might be right. It might really be PantyWaist.
The exchange occurred after an audience member from North Carolina, 30-year-old Scott Terry, asked whether Republicans could endorse races remaining separate but equal. After the presenter, K. Carl Smith of Frederick Douglass Republicans, answered by referencing a letter by Frederick Douglass forgiving his former master, the audience member said “For what? For feeding him and housing him?” Several people in the audience cheered and applauded Terry’s outburst.
After the exchange, Terry muttered under his breath, “why can’t we just have segregation?”noting the Constitution’s protections for freedom of association.

When asked by ThinkProgress if he’d accept a society where African-Americans were permanently subservient to whites, he said “I’d be fine with that.” He also claimed that African-Americans “should be allowed to vote in Africa,” and that “all the Tea Parties” were concerned with the same racial problems that he was.
At one point, a woman challenged him on the Republican Party’s roots, to which Terry responded, “I didn’t know the legacy of the Republican Party included women correcting men in public.”
He claimed to be a direct descendent of Confederate President Jefferson Davis.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/0 ... ?mobile=nc

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

More of that Republican "Big Tent" on display.

The American Conservative Union, the founder and primary organizer of CPAC, has been featuring an article by Dr. Robert Weissberg, . . . a white supremacist who speaks at Renaissance gatherings and writes for Jared Taylor's magazine.
Maybe it's progress that Weissberg is only on the ACU website and not speaking at CPAC. Last year, the ACU gave a microphone to several white nationalists who headlined a panel titled, "The Failure of Multiculturalism: How the Pursuit of Diversity Is Weakening the American Identity." Among the panelists was Derbyshire, who also has been kicked out of the National Review editorial lineup for his racist writings; Peter Brimelow, the founder of the nativist site VDARE, which publishes the work of many other anti-Semitic and white-supremacist writers; and Robert Vandervoot, who's also affiliated with American Renaissance and the nativist group Pro-English.

Two board members of Young America's Foundation, which cofounded and sponsors CPAC along with the ACU, run a political action committee that gave money to a white-nationalist group, as my colleague Nick Baumann documented earlier this year here. As Baumann noted, Ron Robinson, one of the YAF board members in question, is also on the ACU's board.

The conservative movement will continue to have a tough time appealing to minorities if it keeps cavorting with these folks, no matter how many African Americans appear on their panel discussions.
Mother Jones

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Going for the largest selection of mixed nuts in one room record.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Palin, Bachmann, Santorum and Rand Paul also gave speeches.

CPAC is like the opposite of the Manhattan Project. All the morons and nutjobs together in one place in order to accomplish absolutely nothing.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

At CPAC yesterday, Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) argued that climate change is a myth and doesn’t need to be addressed. His proof: The President was cold during the inauguration, outside, in Washington, in January.

The Republicans at CPAC are all trying to out-stupid each other.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

rstrong wrote:At CPAC yesterday, Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) argued that climate change is a myth and doesn’t need to be addressed. His proof: The President was cold during the inauguration, outside, in Washington, in January.

The Republicans at CPAC are all trying to out-stupid each other.
Trying to amass enough stupid to out-stupid the rest of the CPAC nut jobs would be an insurmountable task for many. Fortunately for those dumbasses, they seem to have a God-given talent for it.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Has anyone else wondered if that Pantywaist knockoff was a plant?

I know the American Conservative Union has been featuring a white supremacist for a while, but they generally like to avoid blatant racism.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Why would any serious contender be stupid enough to place their name into contention there? Kiss of death.
There were "serious contenders" there? I didn't know. Damn lame stream press must not have mentioned them.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Ted Cruz is a future "serious contender." Like McCain and Mitt Romney's dad, he'll need a "natural-born citizen" exemption from Congress.

As all the Republican moderates are forced out or declared RINOs - just look at the hatred towards Chris Christie for example - Sarah Palin becomes, by Republican standards, a "serious contender."

Cruz and Palin took turns endorsing each other at CPAC. As a Canadian, I'd like to apologize to America for both of them.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

rstrong wrote:Ted Cruz is a future "serious contender." Like McCain and Mitt Romney's dad, he'll need a "natural-born citizen" exemption from Congress.

As all the Republican moderates are forced out or declared RINOs - just look at the hatred towards Chris Christie for example - Sarah Palin becomes, by Republican standards, a "serious contender."

Cruz and Palin took turns endorsing each other at CPAC. As a Canadian, I'd like to apologize to America for both of them.
Is Cruz just pandering to really stupid people, or is he really that stupid?

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Stinger wrote:Is Cruz just pandering to really stupid people, or is he really that stupid?
I think Vrede summed it up best.

O Really
Admiral

Romney had to go to CPAC to try for some right wing street cred. But I think you guys may have a different definition of "serious candidate" than I do. Were Santorum, Cain, and Perry "serious candidates"? Trump? Cruz and Rubio have followers in some geographic and ideological areas - and some of those are pretty vocal - but neither is going to gain a broad enough national attraction to have a chance at the WH,

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:Romney had to go to CPAC to try for some right wing street cred. But I think you guys may have a different definition of "serious candidate" than I do. Were Santorum, Cain, and Perry "serious candidates"? Trump? Cruz and Rubio have followers in some geographic and ideological areas - and some of those are pretty vocal - but neither is going to gain a broad enough national attraction to have a chance at the WH,
Good point. As McCain 1.0 discovered in 2000 - delegates in the primaries being ordered to vote exclusively for Bush II or lose their party funding - the outcome is decided ahead of time.

The job of Bachmann, Ron Paul, Santorum, Cain, and Perry was to stand next to Romney and make him look sane and viable by comparison. Their credibility was in turn buttressed by the likes of Palin & Trump.

It's looking like CPAC's function is to find more people for that job: Cruz, Palin, Rubio, Rand Paul, etc.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede wrote:
O Really wrote:Romney had to go to CPAC to try for some right wing street cred. But I think you guys may have a different definition of "serious candidate" than I do. Were Santorum, Cain, and Perry "serious candidates"? Trump? Cruz and Rubio have followers in some geographic and ideological areas - and some of those are pretty vocal - but neither is going to gain a broad enough national attraction to have a chance at the WH,
That's the question - These days, save for big changes in the GOP - not counting gerrymandering, voter suppression, electoral vote splitting in Dem states, etc. - is it possible for a serious candidate for the nomination to be a serious candidate for the WH?

they gonna run jebbers from the crime family
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I predict the continuing degradation of the collective cerebellum of the GOP will blossom into ( a previously unknown word) that will result in Sarah Palin becoming the "serious contender" in the next presidential race. I also predict her administration will be the most transparent one ever known to man or beast; mostly because there's nothing to it.

O Really
Admiral

When Karl Rove looks like the "reasonable one" you know somebody's in deep trouble. But did he hand Palin her ass? "I'm a short pudgy guy who wouldn't make a very good candidate. But if I did get elected, I think I'd manage to get through my first term."

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

What if.... Palin really doesn't agree with GOP policies and is intentionally sabotaging them....?

I like to believe she's not as stupid as she sounds.

Inside Job?
;)

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

bannination wrote:What if.... Palin really doesn't agree with GOP policies and is intentionally sabotaging them....?

I like to believe she's not as stupid as she sounds.
Bush II made a good hand puppet for Rove, Cheney and Co. If Palin finds her own Rove, someone she'll actually listen to, she could easily be the Republican choice in 2016.

The party would surround her with people like Bachmann, Santorum, Perry, Cain and Paul to make her look sane and viable by comparison, like they did with Romney.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

O Really wrote:When Karl Rove looks like the "reasonable one" you know somebody's in deep trouble. But did he hand Palin her ass? "I'm a short pudgy guy who wouldn't make a very good candidate. But if I did get elected, I think I'd manage to get through my first term."
I missed that. Thanks for posting it.