Where's Rudy?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Where's Rudy?

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

:laughing-rolling:
How did I not think of that?

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

It's hard to believe that Rudy was ever a lawyer at all, much less a successful prosecutor. He would have had to know that the plaintiffs here had at least a reasonable chance, given what he said about them, and yet he never even bothered to set forth a viable defence. He knew he had no evidence for his accusations, yet he kept saying he did and promising to produce it. He never even produced any crappy laughable "evidence." And he said he had said untrue things about them. And he didn't pretend to be contrite. So let's review:
(a) he did it and knew he did it and admitted doing it
(b) he offered no defence and kept repeating his accusations
(c) he made himself even more unlikeable to the jury
(d) his lawyer is loopy
(e) he's surprised at the verdict - shocked I say
(f) he thinks he's going to get it overturned on appeal - even though he admitted to the defamation

Is there the least amount of rationality about this?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:23 pm

Rudy's been doubling and tripling down.

Not for much longer.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:39 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:23 pm

Rudy's been doubling and tripling down.

Not for much longer.

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1737181075728683316
Where's Rudy? Gagged and homeless.
Judge orders immediate enforcement of Georgia election workers' $148M judgment against Giuliani

A federal judge on Wednesday granted former Georgia election workers Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss' request to expedite their $148 million judgment against Rudy Giuliani, saying that the mother and daughter have "good cause" to fear Giuliani may attempt to avoid paying them....

Judge Beryl Howell agreed Wednesday that Giuliani's record as an "unwilling and uncooperative litigant" provides the plaintiffs "good cause to believe that he will seek to dissipate or conceal his assets" before paying them.
:---P
... If Giuliani intends to appeal the judgment, which he has indicated he plans to do, he "would have to comply with the usual requirement of a full supersedeas bond," Howell wrote, meaning that he may have to post a bond in the full amount of the judgment, Howell said.
:laughing-rolling: :toothy:

Now, Jack and Fani, lock him up!
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Oh poor baby

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Eventually homeless in Florida?
Judge warns Giuliani about 'pyrrhic' victory in Florida condo dispute

... Rachel Biblo Block, the attorney representing the creditors, said that Giuliani will not have enough money to pay all of his creditors and keep a luxury home in Florida.

"The math doesn't work, you have to sell the Florida condo," Block said.

Even if Giuliani can succeed in reducing the $148 million defamation judgment by 95%, it would wipe out his remaining assets, and his other creditors deserve to be paid too, Block said....
:---P :crybaby: :violin:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:39 am
Eventually homeless in Florida?
Judge warns Giuliani about 'pyrrhic' victory in Florida condo dispute

... Rachel Biblo Block, the attorney representing the creditors, said that Giuliani will not have enough money to pay all of his creditors and keep a luxury home in Florida.

"The math doesn't work, you have to sell the Florida condo," Block said.

Even if Giuliani can succeed in reducing the $148 million defamation judgment by 95%, it would wipe out his remaining assets, and his other creditors deserve to be paid too, Block said....
:---P :crybaby: :violin:
Not long ago I read that he's actively trying to sell his NY condo. No idea if he has or if it's still on the market.

And if I'm not mistaken, FL allows filers of personal bankruptcy to keep their primary residence. Billy P would probably know more on this.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:49 am
Not long ago I read that he's actively trying to sell his NY condo. No idea if he has or if it's still on the market.

And if I'm not mistaken, FL allows filers of personal bankruptcy to keep their primary residence. Billy P would probably know more on this.
Fta:
... Giuliani filed for Chapter 11 protection six days after a federal jury in Washington, D.C., found that he had defamed two former Georgia election workers through false accusations that they helped rig the 2020 election against Trump and awarded them $148 million in damages.

Giuliani has received limited permission to challenge the verdict, and he has asked a federal judge to rule in his favor or grant a new trial in the defamation lawsuit.

Giuliani's attorney, Gary Fischoff, said at Thursday's hearing that Giuliani's creditors do not have legal authority to force a sale of the Florida condo at this stage in the bankruptcy, and that Giuliani intends to live there after selling his $5.6 million New York apartment....
The article implies that the luxury FL digs and its massive maintenance costs are not protected by the bankruptcy, but doesn't go into detail as to why not. I could see protection being granted for a much more modest apartment, perhaps living like we do. Hah, that would be hell for RudyRudyRudy.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:10 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:49 am

Fta:
... Giuliani filed for Chapter 11 protection six days after a federal jury in Washington, D.C., found that he had defamed two former Georgia election workers through false accusations that they helped rig the 2020 election against Trump and awarded them $148 million in damages.

Giuliani has received limited permission to challenge the verdict, and he has asked a federal judge to rule in his favor or grant a new trial in the defamation lawsuit.

Giuliani's attorney, Gary Fischoff, said at Thursday's hearing that Giuliani's creditors do not have legal authority to force a sale of the Florida condo at this stage in the bankruptcy, and that Giuliani intends to live there after selling his $5.6 million New York apartment....
The article implies that the luxury FL digs and its massive maintenance costs are not protected by the bankruptcy, but doesn't go into detail as to why not. I could see protection being granted for a much more modest apartment, perhaps living like we do. Hah, that would be hell for RudyRudyRudy.
Yeah, it's weird how laws on this sort of thing vary by state. I guess it's a states' rights thing. Or maybe just fuckery designed to fuck the most fuckable. I think it would be nice if I could keep my mylti million dollar place after stiffing everybody I owe. But at the same time I think Fl law is (gasp) goo liberal on this if it's in fact still the law Personally I think Rudy should have to live in FL in some sort of 800 sq ft concrete block house with lots of lizards creeping around unseen and a few of those giant cockroaches for good measure. And no air conditioning. Rudy can sit there and reflect on how truth is not truth, right is not right, wrong is not wring, ping is not pong, and how he blew his whole life and legacy for a cheap orange con man.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

And his goddamn idiot son is worse.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:14 pm
I think Rudy should have to live in FL in some sort of 800 sq ft concrete block house with lots of lizards creeping around unseen and a few of those giant cockroaches for good measure. And no air conditioning. Rudy can sit there and reflect on how truth is not truth, right is not right, wrong is not wring, ping is not pong, and how he blew his whole life and legacy for a cheap orange con man.
A lot of hair dye would be running. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:14 pm
Yeah, it's weird how laws on this sort of thing vary by state. I guess it's a states' rights thing. Or maybe just fuckery designed to fuck the most fuckable. I think it would be nice if I could keep my multi million dollar place after stiffing everybody I owe. But at the same time I think FL law is (gasp) too liberal on this if it's in fact still the law. Personally I think Rudy should have to live in FL in some sort of 800 sq ft concrete block house with lots of lizards creeping around unseen and a few of those giant cockroaches for good measure. And no air conditioning. Rudy can sit there and reflect on how truth is not truth, right is not right, wrong is not wrong, ping is not pong, and how he blew his whole life and legacy for a cheap orange con man.
:thumbup:

The bankruptcy is being adjudicated in NY. Idk how much FL law even applies.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:24 pm
A lot of hair dye would be running. :lol:
If RudyRudyRudy can afford it :twisted:
1312. ETTD.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

If he got a homestead exemption in Fla, his PRIMARY home would be protected but the article implies he didn't file the paperwork. And you can't plan to do it in the future, it has to be already done. So no protection. Rudy should always have protection.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Sometime Lefty wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:50 pm
If he got a homestead exemption in Fla, his PRIMARY home would be protected but the article implies he didn't file the paperwork. And you can't plan to do it in the future, it has to be already done. So no protection. Rudy should always have protection.
Meh, Rudy will just say "protection is not protection" just like he crowed that truth is not truth. I've never been as drunk as Rudy nor would I walk in off the street, see him in the bar, and annonce "I'll have what he's having."