Fox News Proves to be less radical than Teabaggers prefer

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ombudsman
Ensign

Fox News Proves to be less radical than Teabaggers prefer

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Is Fox News going soft?

That is what a number of Tea Party activists are saying and they are organizing a boycott to protest the conservative station’s coverage, especially what they view as the network’s relative silence in investigating the attacks on a diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.

“Particularly after the election, Fox keeps turning to the left,” said Stan Hjerlied, 75, of Fort Collins, Colo., and a participant in the boycott. He pointed to an interview Fox News CEO Roger Ailes gave after the election in which he said that the Republican Party and Fox News need to modernize, especially around immigration. “So we are really losing our only conservative network.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -news.html

How long before Fox turns into Infowars?
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

O Really
Admiral

Re: Fox News Proves to be less radical than Teabaggers prefe

Unread post by O Really »

These people have no idea how far out of majority US thought they are, do they? NTTAWW being on the fringes. But if you're going to be on the fringes, it helps your cause to know you're on the fringes.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

O Really wrote:These people have no idea how far out of majority US thought they are, do they? NTTAWW being on the fringes. But if you're going to be on the fringes, it helps your cause to know you're on the fringes.
But they're "by God" right, and the rest of us are completely wrong. They have the zealot's zen going for them.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

I don't watch Fux because there is enough nutjob stuff out there already, but
I find it hard to believe that it is "turning to the left" even taking into consideration
what this guy would think of as left. I can see the wingnuts starting to label Fux
the official network of the RINOs. And that's a bad thing (to them).

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Bungalow Bill wrote:I don't watch Fux because there is enough nutjob stuff out there already, but
I find it hard to believe that it is "turning to the left" even taking into consideration
what this guy would think of as left. I can see the wingnuts starting to label Fux
the official network of the RINOs. And that's a bad thing (to them).
The slightest tilt towards reality and rational thought is considered treasonous by the baggers. After wiping some serious egg off its face after the last election, Fux probably thought that, to have any claim of credibility in the future, it would have to hew just a wee bit more towards reality. That microadjustment would do it for the loons.

bannination
Captain

The Tea Party is Boycotting Fox News Because It Is Too Lib

Unread post by bannination »

http://www.politicususa.com/tea-party-b ... beral.html

I was wondering when this would happen. I guess infowars will be their new site for news.
The tea partiers want Fox News to go far right, and they believe that this will lead to the impeachment of President Obama. (In their view, Obama should be impeached for Benghazi.)

Ironically, many of the activists who are outraged about Benghazi probably got their information from Fox News. Fox created this paranoid audience, so it is no surprise that like Frankenstein’s monster they have turned on their creator. There are many, many reasons why Fox News is on a downhill slide of decline, but going too far to the left isn’t one of them.
Oops, realized how similar this was to another topic, merged them.