Failed prohibition

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Failed prohibition

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:11 am
Don’t you love it when “tribal members overwhelmingly approved” of an evil schedule #1 Super Baddest drug ever in the History of the World.
Good point. One day this may be the basis for a 'Red Savior' movie :wave:
Or could it be that the evil comes from the clueless ignorance of the nancy reagan types in their quest for relevance?

Considering -

https://www.aclu.org/gallery/marijuana-arrests-numbers

It’s sickening
You really know how to harsh my buzz. This is Amerikkka, when we are PROVEN WRONG - manifest destiny, slavery, robber barons, extinctions and near extinctions, anti-suffrage, burning rivers, ozone depletion, AGW, etc - we whisper "Opps", pretend that we were all always angels, dismiss any consideration of reparations for the evil we did and move on.

Now, stfu so I can toke in oblivious peace :)
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:03 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:53 pm

8-) 8-) 8-)
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
That's actually pretty cool, wonder how the rest of the state is going to react?

Athough if you travel there and take it off the reservation aren't you immediately committing a crime?

FWIW, I bought $60 worth of flower three years ago, I still have some left. I honestly don't enjoy it that much anymore. It literally takes a micro dose to fuck me up. Then I become exceedingly stupid, can't concentrate on the TV or attempt to read, time slows to a crawl and I won't answer the phone.

Good times.
Asking the important questions!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

bannination wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:36 pm

That's why we're a First Rate Forum!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:36 pm
bannination wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:36 pm
That's why we're a First Rate Forum!
We were once. Now, we settle for "No ads, no tracking".

Amanda Bynes Arrested in a Blonde Wig, Sweatpants, and Cartier Love Bracelet

Late last night, the 27-year-old former actress (who has purported that she’s been hard at work on fashion line for months now) was arrested in her New York City apartment building after officials called the police after seeing her behaving bizarrely in the lobby, smoking a suspicious looking cigarette and muttering to herself.
They call the cops for that in NYC???
According to reports, by the time cops arrived at her building, Bynes had retreated to her 36th floor abode—but gladly let them in. When they spotted a large marijuana-smoking device on the table, they confronted her—and she responded by throwing it out the window.
That's hilarious, and kinda brilliant. Cops be like :wtf:

Well, maybe not so brilliant.
Bynes was then booked for criminal possession of marijuana, reckless endangerment, as well as felony tampering with evidence....
Opps. That's why they call it 'dope'.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

More startling is that marijuana isn't legal in NY. I did not know that.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:46 pm

Amanda Bynes Arrested in a Blonde Wig, Sweatpants, and Cartier Love Bracelet

Dumb headline, was she topless?

They call the cops for that in NYC???

And they actually responded?
According to reports, by the time cops arrived at her building, Bynes had retreated to her 36th floor abode—but gladly let them in. When they spotted a large marijuana-smoking device on the table, they confronted her—and she responded by throwing it out the window.
That's hilarious, and kinda brilliant. Cops be like :wtf:

Thought weed was legal in NY.
https://www.nytimes.com/article/new-yor ... facts.html

Well, maybe not so brilliant.
Bynes was then booked for criminal possession of marijuana, reckless endangerment, as well as felony tampering with evidence....
Opps. That's why they call it 'dope'.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:03 am
More startling is that marijuana isn't legal in NY. I did not know that.
https://cannabis.ny.gov/cannabis-law-overview
Maybe:
She had more than 3 ounces;
It's illegal in the lobbies of snooty buildings;
It's legal to possess but illegal to fling out your window.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Ah, I see. It's a 10-year old article apparently. Explains the arrest for possession. Doesn't explain why it's published now.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:30 am
Ah, I see. It's a 10-year old article apparently. Explains the arrest for possession. Doesn't explain why it's published now.
Yahoo says: Sat, March 30, 2024
Stylecaster says: May 24, 2013
:wtf:
2 days early for April Fools.
5 days early for her 38th birthday.
Oh wait, Easter, the article was resurrected :wave:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:45 am
O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:30 am
Yahoo says: Sat, March 30, 2024
Stylecaster says: May 24, 2013
:wtf:
2 days early for April Fools.
5 days early for her 38th birthday.
Oh wait, Easter, the article was resurrected :wave:
Fucking Yahoo.

I see old shit all the time with current dates.

Never ten years old though.

Edit: Here's a five year old one on tonight's feed.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/lady-ga ... 13120.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:59 am
Fucking Yahoo.

I see old shit all the time with current dates.

Never ten years old though.

Edit: Here's a five year old one on tonight's feed.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/lady-ga ... 13120.html
I wonder if Amanda Bynes has a potential lawsuit vs Yahoo over its reporting the criminal incident as current.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:18 pm

I wonder if Amanda Bynes has a potential lawsuit vs Yahoo over its reporting the criminal incident as current.
I'm guessing no, assuming it was a real event at the time. Truth is the best defence of defamation.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:41 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:18 pm
I'm guessing no, assuming it was a real event at the time. Truth is the best defence of defamation.
That would be a shame. I believe she's put a lot of work into fixing her mental health from where it was 10 years ago.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Failed unprohibition

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yo neoplacebo - if you get tired of failed-prohibition Tennessee, move to California. Here's a job even:
Bargain Northern California cannabis delivery company Smoakland is on a hiring spree. The Bay Area company is hiring for some traditional roles, including delivery driver, sales associate and director of operations. But it’s also hiring for a job that's seemingly every cannabis fan’s dream.

Smoakland is looking to hire a “Content Creator / Cannabis Tester / Blunt Roller” to sample pot products and to “roll, test, and perfect the art of blunt rolling,” according to a post on Indeed. The listing says the role pays a healthy $80,000 to $85,000 a year and includes full benefits as well as discounts on pot products.

Applicants for the role are required to have five or more years of experience consuming cannabis products. The jack-of-all-trades position also requires candidates to create social media content and have a track record in social media management and graphic design, as well as proficiency in software like the Adobe Creative Suite. But to weed out your average graphic designer, the job requires applicants to have “experience with blunt rolling and a commitment to delivering consistently high-quality blunts and prerolls.”
https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article ... 373965.php

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:12 pm
Yo neoplacebo - if you get tired of failed-prohibition Tennessee, move to California. Here's a job even:
Bargain Northern California cannabis delivery company Smoakland is on a hiring spree. The Bay Area company is hiring for some traditional roles, including delivery driver, sales associate and director of operations. But it’s also hiring for a job that's seemingly every cannabis fan’s dream.

Smoakland is looking to hire a “Content Creator / Cannabis Tester / Blunt Roller” to sample pot products and to “roll, test, and perfect the art of blunt rolling,” according to a post on Indeed. The listing says the role pays a healthy $80,000 to $85,000 a year and includes full benefits as well as discounts on pot products.

Applicants for the role are required to have five or more years of experience consuming cannabis products. The jack-of-all-trades position also requires candidates to create social media content and have a track record in social media management and graphic design, as well as proficiency in software like the Adobe Creative Suite. But to weed out your average graphic designer, the job requires applicants to have “experience with blunt rolling and a commitment to delivering consistently high-quality blunts and prerolls.”
https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article ... 373965.php
It sounds like a fantastic opportunity and I'd sure take it if I weren't so old and crazy. After all, I've more than five decades of experience in all levels of intoxication with a wide variety of substances. I liked California pretty good; but I like northern better than southern. I want one of those houses in Monterrey along that scenic drive. When me and my ex were there in 97 it seemed like every other hosue had a for sale sign. I was too scared to look up the price.

But now for the bad news...the nearby pot store in VA has apparently been shut down by a vicous Republican santi freedom deep state government. Ttheir sign is down, the little green lights all around the perimeter of the building that are in the soffits are dark. I read the a few days ago that the VA legislature has voted against the recreational sale of pot. But it wasn't bad while it lasted. Maybe these waterheads will come to their senses before much longer. And I hate to wait for any goddamn thing.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:54 pm

But now for the bad news...the nearby pot store in VA has apparently been shut down by a vicous Republican santi freedom deep state government. Ttheir sign is down, the little green lights all around the perimeter of the building that are in the soffits are dark. I read the a few days ago that the VA legislature has voted against the recreational sale of pot. But it wasn't bad while it lasted. Maybe these waterheads will come to their senses before much longer. And I hate to wait for any goddamn thing.
Cherokee NC road trip is calling your name. Do a little drinking, a little gambling and a little weeding.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:

It sounds like a fantastic opportunity and I'd sure take it if I weren't so old and crazy. After all, I've more than five decades of experience in all levels of intoxication with a wide variety of substances. I liked California pretty good; but I like northern better than southern. I want one of those houses in Monterrey along that scenic drive. When me and my ex were there in 97 it seemed like every other hosue had a for sale sign. I was too scared to look up the price.
Yeah, those houses haven't gotten any cheaper and really, the "$80,000-85,000" salary offered doesn't go all that far. But the job is in Oakland, so you'd be close enough to Useless to go over and give him live fish slaps after work.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:11 pm
neoplacebo wrote:

Yeah, those houses haven't gotten any cheaper and really, the "$80,000-85,000" salary offered doesn't go all that far. But the job is in Oakland, so you'd be close enough to Useless to go over and give him live fish slaps after work.
:shock:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:25 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:11 pm
:shock:
Are koi a game fish in CA?

We are a strange nation.
Maps show states where weed is legal for recreational, medical use

... The states where recreational weed is legal are Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington. It is also legal in Washington, D.C....

There should be a green dot for the Cherokee Rez in WNC.
... In Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah and West Virginia, marijuana is allowed for medical use. It's not decriminalized for other uses, though, and people can still be prosecuted for having non-medical marijuana.

Where is weed illegal in 2024?

In Nebraska and North Carolina, marijuana is illegal but decriminalized. That means that in these two states, a person will face penalties but not prosecution for certain amounts of weed.

In Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin, weed is illegal and not decriminalized, but CBD products are allowed.

In Idaho, Kansas, South Carolina and Wyoming, marijuana and all cannabis products are illegal, and weed is not decriminalized.

What other countries have legalized weed?

Marijuana is legal in several countries, including Canada, Germany, Mexico, South Africa and Thailand.
1312. ETTD.