Joe, are you ok?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Joe, are you ok?

Unread post by Vrede too »

Continuation of a theme from:
https://www.blueridgedebate.com/viewtop ... 65#p196665
Biden makes contradictory comments on Gaza 'red line' in MSNBC interview

U.S. President Joe Biden said in an MSNBC interview on Saturday that Israel’s threatened invasion of Rafah in southern Gaza would be his “red line” for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu but then immediately backtracked, saying there was no red line and "I’m never going to leave Israel." ...
Immediately backtracking is a bit unusual, but this is not so different from decades of US govt policy - tut-tutting over Israel's actions (settlements anyone?) "in strong terms" while maintaining the unshakeable constant of diplomatic and military support. Joe merely voices the quiet part aloud.
... Asked whether an Israeli invasion of Rafah would be a red line for him with Netanyahu, Biden said: "It is a red line but I'm never going to leave Israel. The defense of Israel is still critical. So there's no red line (in which) I'm going to cut off all weapons so they don't have the Iron Dome to protect them." ...
Ah, "red line" is too complex a phrase.

Sigh.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.