Joltin' Joe Biden

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Joltin' Joe Biden

Unread post by Vrede too »

Live from Stepford, USA:
‘What the Hell Am I Watching’: Republicans Torch Their Own SOTU Rebuttal
Alabama Sen. Katie Britt was panned after delivering the most bizarre State of the Union rebuttal in recent memory

The ritual surrounding the annual State of the Union is never complete until the president’s opposition has presented its rebuttal — occasionally in an embarrassing manner.
:lol: :lol: Little Marco and Littler Bobby have now been deposed.
... Into the late hours of the night, Rolling Stone was inundated, sometimes completely unprompted, with messages from longtime GOP operatives, right-leaning pollsters, conservative Capitol Hill staff, MAGA lawyers, and even some senior members of Trump’s own 2024 campaign absolutely torching Britt’s absurdly over-dramatic rebuttal.
:laughing-rolling:
She posted that! If the Senate doesn't work out she's got a career making breathless, teary voice-overs for abused pet rescue orgs.
“Creepy,” one of the Republican pollsters noted.

A lawyer working in the Trump orbit says the performance reminded them of public-access television, and a senior House congressional aide remarks that it was “cringe”-inducing to watch and likely destined to be turned into a “lame [Saturday Night Live] skit” this weekend.
Great minds, GoCubsGo :-||
“I’ll give Biden this — he at least gave a better speech than Katie Britt,” one national Republican consultant said bluntly.
Low bar.
... Across Capitol Hill, the rebuttal was received with widespread mockery. One Republican staffer described it to Business Insider as “giving high school freshman speech.”

“She really thinks she’s killing it. But it’s comical, like SNL quality,” they added.
It won't happen, but it would also be funny if Lorne Michaels declared that some things are too easy and obvious even for SNL then showed an excerpt without parody or commentary.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:36 am

It won't happen, but it would also be funny if Lorne Michaels declared that some things are too easy and obvious even for SNL then showed an excerpt without parody or commentary.
That could be Weekend Update.

But she's still only the second biggest idiot in Alabama.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:27 am
... she's still only the second biggest idiot in Alabama.
https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/ ... 4340394288
... This guy is the worst.

... Repulsive Tuberville confirmed that, stating that Britt was chosen because he [sic, I think ;) ] was a housewife and mother:

"She's a mom. She's a housewife ... (extended idiotic whining)"
Umm, Katie Britt is a US Senator, moron. Before that she was a Bama undergrad and JD, political and academic staff and a practicing lawyer. Britt was NEVER "a housewife" any more than Potatotown was a househusband all those years he was coaching.

Despite her bizarre SOTU performance, she seems to be smart, credentialed and possessing strong leadership skills. GoCubsGo and MeidasTouch are not the only "great minds". I heard someone else on TV reminding us that Potatotown is worse. I agree.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:58 am

... Repulsive Tuberville confirmed that, stating that Britt was chosen because he [sic, I think ;) ] was a housewife and mother:

"She's a mom. She's a housewife ... (extended idiotic whining)"
Umm, Katie Britt is a US Senator, moron. Before that she was a Bama undergrad and JD, political and academic staff and a practicing lawyer. Britt was NEVER "a housewife" any more than Potatotown was a househusband all those years he was coaching.

Despite her bizarre SOTU performance, she seems to be smart, credentialed and possessing strong leadership skills. GoCubsGo and MeidasTouch are not the only "great minds". I heard someone else on TV reminding us that Potatotown is worse. I agree.
She ruined a nice resume on Thursday.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:23 pm

Supporting Trump tends to do that

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Some MAGAts weren't watching Britt:
Marjorie Taylor Greene Offered a Competing "MAGA" State of the Union Response and It Was a Disaster
Greene Claimed the Mayorkas impeachment Was "One of the Only Republican Accomplishments"

Marjorie Taylor Greene and RSBN producer and boyfriend Brian Glenn offered a response to President Joe Biden's State of the Union speech, competing with the official GOP response from Senator Katie Britt. Glenn stated he was aware there is an official GOP response but he wanted a response from the MAGA perspective....

In offering a competing "MAGA Republican" response to the GOP, Greene and her boyfriend revealed some of the core principals of MAGA: 1) Compete against your own party 2) Make everything about yourself 3) Show a failure to grasp the basics what you are talking about
:laughing-rolling: :---P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:39 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Some MAGAts weren't watching Britt:
Marjorie Taylor Greene Offered a Competing "MAGA" State of the Union Response and It Was a Disaster
Greene Claimed the Mayorkas impeachment Was "One of the Only Republican Accomplishments"

Marjorie Taylor Greene and RSBN producer and boyfriend Brian Glenn offered a response to President Joe Biden's State of the Union speech, competing with the official GOP response from Senator Katie Britt. Glenn stated he was aware there is an official GOP response but he wanted a response from the MAGA perspective....

In offering a competing "MAGA Republican" response to the GOP, Greene and her boyfriend revealed some of the core principals of MAGA: 1) Compete against your own party 2) Make everything about yourself 3) Show a failure to grasp the basics what you are talking about
:laughing-rolling: :---P
She was heading out to the stadium to sell Bud Lite and hot dogs after the SOTU.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

35 Jokes About The State Of The Union That Are Way, Way Funnier Than They Should Be

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:02 pm
She was heading out to the stadium to sell Bud Lite and hot dogs after the SOTU.
Yours is better.

Aside: Mmmm, stadium Bud Lite and hot dogs!

Many more at the link, including Katie Britt mocking.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:03 pm

Yours is better.

Think you hit the highlights, usually Twitter does better.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:36 am

Pulled out a big gun!
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :laughing-rolling:

Well done!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:54 pm
Look for the Katie Britt sketch on SNL this weekend.
:-|| You beat me to it. I came here to post that I would have been really impressed if you had predicted:
Spoiler:

Scarlett Johansson.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:43 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
:-|| You beat me to it. I came here to post that I would have been really impressed if you had predicted:
Spoiler:

Scarlett Johansson.
Didn't see that one coming! :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:45 pm
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Spoiler:

Scarlett Johansson.

https://twitter.com/Fam4Fun/status/1766685847188062211
I kinda nailed this part:
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:38 am
... Ever notice how crucifixes are designed to draw attention to and point at cleavage? Irony....
And who better to represent that?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:48 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:45 pm
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Spoiler:

Scarlett Johansson.

https://twitter.com/Fam4Fun/status/1766685847188062211
I kinda nailed this part:
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:38 am
... Ever notice how crucifixes are designed to draw attention to and point at cleavage? Irony....
And who better to represent that?
👍👍👍

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:10 am
👍👍👍
Someone on The View agreed with me that SNL could have just played her speech for laughs.
GOP Sen. Katie Britt is still facing backlash for her State of the Union response
The Alabama Republican implied that a woman fell victim to sex trafficking due to President Biden’s immigration policies — but it occurred during President George W. Bush’s administration.

... What did Jacinto say?
(Karla Jacinto Romero, who testified to Congress in 2015 about being forced to work in brothels in Mexico in the mid-2000s)

Appearing on CNN Sunday, Jacinto reiterated that the trafficking happened before Biden’s presidency and that Britt’s use of her story is why she has been reluctant to cooperate with politicians since her testimony to Congress.

“It seems to me that they only want an image. They only want a photo,” Jacinto said. “And that to me is not fair.”
Yep, Britt is a dick.
Britt gets mocked by ‘SNL’ and Jimmy Kimmel at the Oscars

... During his monologue at the Oscars on Sunday, host Jimmy Kimmel referred to Emma Stone’s portrayal of Bella Baxter in Poor Things, the role for which she won Best Actress.

“Emma played an adult woman with the brain of a child, like the lady who gave the rebuttal to the State of the Union on Thursday night,” Kimmel said.
:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

We asked ChatGPT and Claude to analyze Biden's cognitive abilities based on the Joe Biden-Robert Hur transcript. Their verdict: the president is doing fine.

... both chatbots' verdicts were that Biden's cognitive abilities are just fine.

"The interview transcripts reflect that President Biden was able to communicate effectively, recall details from his tenure, and engage in logical reasoning during the interview," ChatGPT wrote. "These aspects are essential indicators of cognitive abilities and suggest that he could perform cognitively demanding tasks during the interview."

Claude responded similarly, though noted that age may have something to do with Biden's responses.

"President Biden demonstrates mostly intact cognitive abilities, with clear and coherent thinking, appropriate language use, and the ability to recall relevant information," Claude wrote. "While there are some age-related changes noted, they do not appear to significantly impact his overall cognitive functioning in the context of this interview."

... When it came to Biden's memory, ChatGPT found that he displayed memory recall by describing interactions and processes related to handling classified documents with context. Claude said that was reflected by his ability to provide specific details and anecdotes from his time as vice president.

The chatbots also pointed out Biden's seemingly good verbal reasoning skills. ChatGPT said the president demonstrated his ability to "process information" and "engage in complex discussions" by answering clarifications and follow-up questions. Claude wrote he "generally demonstrates clear and coherent thinking" and can "largely stay on topic" despite occasional tangents.

To summarise, "Based on the transcripts, President Biden shows no significant difficulty in articulating his thoughts, recalling past events, and engaging in detailed discussions on various topics, all of which are aspects of cognitive functioning," ChatGPT wrote. Claude came to a similar conclusion....
:thumbup: JoltJoeJolt

Now do Dolt .45.
1312. ETTD.