GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:59 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:57 pm
:angry-banghead:

Cheaters do prosper :(
:puke-left:

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/proje ... 0d8cdb.gif

Introducing your next coach of the Chicago Bears....
You dodged that bullet, CONGRATS! He's the LA Traitors' problem now, hah!

ICYMI:
Pat Fitzgerald's attorney seeking December trial date

The attorney for former Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald is seeking a December trial date for Fitzgerald's wrongful termination lawsuit against the university, primarily because Fitzgerald wants to avoid sitting out a third season before coaching again and the date the judge had proposed is April 2025....
I haven't followed the mess closely enough to have an opinion. What do you think?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: College football

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:17 pm

I haven't followed the mess closely enough to have an opinion. What do you think?
Honestly, you've followed it closer than me.

I had and have no clue.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:28 pm

I had and have no clue.
-0-? I merely notice headlines, and maybe skim the articles or maybe not.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:42 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:28 pm

I had and have no clue.
-0-? I merely notice headlines, and maybe skim the articles or maybe not.
I rarely if ever look at Chicago news (although I do pay more attention to Highland Park news), It's part of what made me move to NC in the first place.

I've learned.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:44 pm
I rarely if ever look at Chicago news (although I do pay more attention to Highland Park news), It's part of what made me move to NC in the first place.

I've learned.
ESPN, Wiki and David Muir are my late-life educational program ;)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://www.blueridgedebate.com/viewtop ... 04#p196004
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:34 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:31 pm
O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:13 pm
And whatever in the history of NCAA has given you that confidence? Oh I know - the football selections ...
12 teams this year thanks to us.

CFP unanimously approves 5+7 model for new 12-team playoff

I'm open to criticisms, but sounds good to me, a wise compromise. 12 teams, 11 games, I'm excited. 24 teams like the FCS before too long?
O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:10 pm
Better, yeah.
CFP officials discuss expanding to 14-team playoff in 2026

:thumbup: Baby steps.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ranking the top 10 college football quarterbacks in 2024

My opinions are on the teams, not the individuals, and the expectations of their success.

1. Carson Beck, Georgia :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left:
2. Dillon Gabriel, Oregon :clap: :clap: :clap:
3. Quinn Ewers, Texas :thumbup:
4. Jalen Milroe, Alabama :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left:
5. Noah Fifita, Arizona :thumbup:
6. Jaxson Dart, Ole Miss :puke-left: :puke-left: :puke-left:
7. Jalon Daniels, Kansas :|
8. Shedeur Sanders, Colorado :clap: :clap:
9. Cameron Rising, Utah :sick:
10. Cameron Ward, Miami :thumbup:

I hear billy.pilgrim's claims about a pro-Bama bias, and I mostly can't ague with his examples. However, most of the nation is far more bothered by a perceived pro-SEC (and Big Ten) bias.

Big 12, ACC coaches not keen on idea of CFP byes for SEC, Big Ten

It's all speculative so far, but still revealing.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Saban admits what we’ve always known

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://sports.yahoo.com/nick-saban-the ... 02835.html

“some of those events certainly contributed," Saban said of his decision to retire. "I was really disappointed in the way that the players acted after the game. You gotta win with class. You gotta lose with class. We had our opportunities to win the game and we didn't do it, and then showing your ass and being frustrated and throwing helmets and doing that stuff ... “

Then he tries to walk it back with this absolute bullshit
“that's not who we are and what we've promoted in our program."

Sorry nick, crybaby whiners when they don’t get their way has always been bama, but good on you to recognize it.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

ESPN - the Fair and Balanced sports network announced with a straight face that Alabama and Georgia will be the only SEC spring games they will televise.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:47 am
ESPN - the Fair and Balanced sports network announced with a straight face that Alabama and Georgia will be the only SEC spring games they will televise.
:headscratch: 3-5, 6-7 Auburn wasn't even ranked. Assuming limited resources, I won't cry about #9 Ole Miss getting dissed by sticking with #4 Georgia and #5 Alabama. Screwing #3 Texas seems rather rude, though.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:32 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:47 am
:headscratch: 3-5, 6-7 Auburn wasn't even ranked. Assuming limited resources, I won't cry about #9 Ole Miss getting dissed by sticking with #4 Georgia and #5 Alabama. Screwing #3 Texas seems rather rude, though.
They’ve always broadcast all sec Spring games.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:35 pm
Vrede too wrote:
If they're broadcasting fewer total games, not much you can do about that $$$ decision.
If they're broadcasting other conferences, instead, Go Huskies, ACC and mid-majors! :P
Still, #3 Texas is getting the shaft.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:16 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:35 pm
Vrede too wrote:
If they're broadcasting fewer total games, not much you can do about that $$$ decision.
If they're broadcasting other conferences, instead, Go Huskies, ACC and mid-majors! :P
Still, #3 Texas is getting the shaft.
I’m not going to miss it - much, but it was fun to get a first look at the freshmen and transfers

I’m only pointing this out as another example of the sec playing favorites.
Of course - it’s a recruiting tool to be able to laugh at your rival’s inability to even get their Spring Game on tv.
Of course - the sec would have had the final say - ESPN’s sec football deal is with the sec - not individual teams.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:44 am
I’m not going to miss it - much, but it was fun to get a first look at the freshmen and transfers

Of course - it’s a recruiting tool to be able to laugh at your rival’s inability to even get their Spring Game on tv.
Of course - the sec would have had the final say - ESPN’s sec football deal is with the sec - not individual teams.
I never watch spring games, "friendlies" or exhibitions.

The SEC has its own TV network. We'll see if it picks up any of the slack for #3 Texas, #9 Ole Hag, #12 LSU, #15 Oklahoma, #17 Tennessee and the rest of the SEC, or whether the GA-AL bias holds fast.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:18 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

The SEC has its own TV network. We'll see if it picks up any of the slack for #3 Texas, #9 Ole Hag, #12 LSU, #15 Oklahoma, #17 Tennessee and the rest of the SEC, or whether the GA-AL bias holds fast.
The sec network is part of the ESPN deal.

Although not by any stretch proof of sec bias, this is one of many examples of preferential treatment of a certain team.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:18 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:

There must have been backlash

“ There’s been a change of plans related to a broadcast of Auburn’s A-Day game.

After originally announcing there would be no option to watch the April 6 scrimmage live, ESPN added a broadcast to its SEC Network+ streaming platform.

The original press release issued Monday that does not include the Auburn A-Day game still appears on the ESPN website but a spokesperson confirmed the broadcast has since been added.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:06 pm
There must have been backlash

“ There’s been a change of plans related to a broadcast of Auburn’s A-Day game.

After originally announcing there would be no option to watch the April 6 scrimmage live, ESPN added a broadcast to its SEC Network+ streaming platform.

The original press release issued Monday that does not include the Auburn A-Day game still appears on the ESPN website but a spokesperson confirmed the broadcast has since been added.”
:---P Hell hath no fury like a WDE scorned.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Alabama coach Kalen DeBoer to make $10.875 million per year

First-year Alabama coach Kalen DeBoer will make an average of $10.875 million per year, ranking him in the top five nationally among the highest-paid coaches in college football.

His eight-year contract was approved Monday by the University of Alabama System Board of Trustees, and DeBoer will make $10 million in the first year of his deal that will run through Dec. 31, 2031. His compensation will increase $250,000 per year and grow to $11.75 million in the final year of the deal.

DeBoer's contract is 90 percent guaranteed if he were to be fired without cause, and there is no mitigation....

DeBoer's average salary ranks fourth among all college football head coaches, industry sources told ESPN. Clemson's Dabo Swinney is at the top with an average annual salary of $11.5 million. Georgia's Kirby Smart and USC's Lincoln Riley are also over the $11 million figure annually. DeBoer is fourth ($10.875 million) followed by Texas' Steve Sarkisian ($10.64 million) and Florida State's Mike Norvell ($10.52 million).

... DeBoer made $4.2 million last season at Washington in leading the Huskies to the national championship game. Washington athletic director Troy Dannen said he offered DeBoer $9.4 million after the Sugar Bowl, but DeBoer rejected that offer to become Alabama's coach and replace Nick Saban.

Saban, who retired on Jan. 10 after winning six national championships in 17 seasons at Alabama, was scheduled to make $11.5 million in 2024....
:puke-left:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

There's a new Jerome Bettis running back:

Jerome Bettis Jr. follows in dad's footsteps, commits to Notre Dame
:happy-cheerleaderkid: Could be a worse school.
... Bettis is a 6-foot-2, 195-pound prospect from Woodward Academy in Georgia, and he chose the Irish over Texas A&M (hah!), Duke ( :( ) and Ole Miss (nice!)....
1312. ETTD.