#LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: #LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:15 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:47 am
Plurality. 🤮

https://ballotpedia.org/Primary_elections_in_Colorado
Meet your new CO4 Rep, #LaurenBoebertIsSoDumb :o
More possible than I thought.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:13 pm
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Plurality. 🤮

After this poll the GQP establishment is desperate to bribe or bully 8 of the 9 opponents into dropping out. It will only be partially successful. Wannabe pols are mulish and Bozobert's fundy/MAGAt base is relentless.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:05 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:13 pm
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Plurality. 🤮

After this poll the GQP establishment is desperate to bribe or bully 8 of the 9 opponents into dropping out. It will only be partially successful. Wannabe pols are mulish and Bozobert's fundy/MAGAt base is relentless.
They might coalesce behind the hand picked special election candidate.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

So Dumb

People Are Noticing 1 Humiliating Detail In Lauren Boebert’s New Photo
The far-right lawmaker’s pic goes under the microscope on social media.

Adams County, Colorado has more than half a million residents.

Yep, all 18 of them. That represents 0.000034% of the population of Adams County CO. Helluva Draw there Lauren.
Geez they could have met in her living room.
What's worse than how sparsely attended this tiny venue is -- is that you actually included these photos as evidence, thinking it was A Good Thing??!!
:---P More tweets at the link.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

So in a whole page of Yahoo "news", out of 435 Congresscritters in office, there are articles about what two of them are doing. Two. That would be Boebert being drunk and EmptyG blabbling something about God's warning in the eclipse. And, while Yahoo could get some blame for printing this drivel, I think it says more about the totally effed up society we all live in that those two (along with a plethora of Trump articles) are what the public likes as entertainment and political "news." Doomed, we are.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:47 pm
So in a whole page of Yahoo "news", out of 435 Congresscritters in office, there are articles about what two of them are doing. Two. That would be Boebert being drunk and EmptyG blabbling something about God's warning in the eclipse. And, while Yahoo could get some blame for printing this drivel, I think it says more about the totally effed up society we all live in that those two (along with a plethora of Trump articles) are what the public likes as entertainment and political "news." Doomed, we are.
Car crashes sell clicks.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:47 pm
535, plus a few non-voting. Did you click? :P

I clicked in order to be able to copy headlines :oops: , Yahoo News:
“They had to cut her off”: Report says server denied booze to “overserved” Boebert at Trump event
Marjorie Taylor Greene says NYC earthquake is God telling Americans to 'repent'
Ted Cruz Is Getting Nervous He’s Going to Lose His Senate Seat (I like that one)
US House Republican infighting threatens to further delay Ukraine aid package

Then, these sub articles appeared:
Greene keeps alive campaign to oust Johnson and warns against new push for Ukraine aid
Marjorie Taylor Greene Warns Johnson on Ukraine Aid

:roll:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

MAGAt Colorado Republican Party chair gone wild:
Colorado politics reporter's expulsion from a Republican gathering causes uproar

... Journalists and prominent politicians, including the former chair of the Colorado Republican Party, came to the defense of Colorado Sun reporter Sandra Fish and against current state GOP Chairman Dave Williams, who said he had “no apologies” for ejecting Fish.

... Among other stories, Fish has reported on how the Colorado Republican Party under Williams’ leadership paid for mailers that subtly attacked one of Williams’ primary opponents, and that fundraising slowed under his chairmanship.
MAGAts hate the light of day.

Sandra Fish

Anyhow, this tangent is interesting:
... The controversy follows the contours of attacks on the press nationally, partly brought on by former President Donald Trump with the popularization of the term “fake news." The ejection also appears to have influenced an endorsement Monday in the Republican primary race.

The state Republican Party announced on the social media platform X that it was endorsing U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert over one of her primary opponents, Deborah Flora, in the state's 4th Congressional District race, partly because “Deb Flora lied about participating in the CD4 Assembly process, & now she’s boot licking fake journalists who only help Democrats."

The post was a direct reply to Flora's post on X defending Fish, in which Flora said the expulsion was “wrong and a violation of the First Amendment.”...
I've said all along that Bozobert could win the crowded primary and then likely the general. This can only help.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Guess she's back on the Jesus train hoping everyone will forget about her sins.

O Really
Admiral

Interesting polls for Beerbutt. As noted, she gets a little over a third of the repugs in a red district - way more than anybody else. But it's also more than anyone else combined which interesting enough is only about 18%. The rest aren't happy, but the good part is that 65%-ish say they won't vote for Beerbutt no matter what. I think she'll move to Florida with Cawthorne.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:50 pm
... 65%-ish say they won't vote for Beerbutt no matter what....
They polled that? It would be a real stunner for that District to break blue.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 pm
O Really wrote:
Yes, but since they're mostly unhappy/undecided but still repugs, they could also pick one of the other repugs in the primary. I find it particularly strange that there are so many undecideds this close to the primary. I haven't looked at all the candidates, but Flora looks like somebody they could get with. https://deborahflora.com/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:12 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 pm
O Really wrote:
Yes, but since they're mostly unhappy/undecided but still repugs, they could also pick one of the other repugs in the primary. I find it particularly strange that there are so many undecideds this close to the primary. I haven't looked at all the candidates, but Flora looks like somebody they could get with. https://deborahflora.com/
Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you meant "won't vote for Beerbutt no matter what" in the general. I've said all along that Bozobert would win the crowded primary with a MAGA-like plurality. CO4 has been solid red for a long time:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado% ... trict#2022
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

You've said that and you could be (likely be?) right, but two-thirds against her does leave a lot of fluff in the numbers.