2024 Elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: 2024 Elections

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 12:31 pm

That would be the Senator Tim Scott who got his job as a gift, right?

I continue to be totally amazed that so many people don't see all the impossible things that would have to occur for their "beliefs" to be true.
Gifted from Nikki Haley to boot.

Additionally, I'm amazed by their entitlement.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:48 am
Sometimes I wish I could get inside these people's heads to see what their true intentions are. Do they believe the bullshit they say? I'm sure some do. Others it's likely as simple as a raw desire for power and nothing more, and whatever they can spew to achieve that no matter how outlandish is fair game. Example: Senator Tim Scott when asked whether he'd accept the results of the 2024 presidential election no matter who the victor is. He refused to simply answer "yes".
They are handed scripts by their state and national GQP. This is not just helpfulness. The scripts must be adhered to if they want party support. Hence, "Border, Border, Border, Inflation, Inflation, Inflation".
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 12:50 pm
Whack9 wrote:
Sometimes I wish I could get inside these people's heads to see what their true intentions are. Do they believe the bullshit they say? I'm sure some do. Others it's likely as simple as a raw desire for power and nothing more, and whatever they can spew to achieve that no matter how outlandish is fair game. Example: Senator Tim Scott when asked whether he'd accept the results of the 2024 presidential election no matter who the victor is. He refused to simply answer "yes".
They are handed scripts by their state and national GQP. This is not just helpfulness. The scripts must be adhered to if they want party support. Hence, "Border, Border, Border, Inflation, Inflation, Inflation".
No other explanation. The way they skirt very simple, straightforward questions drives me nuts. Absolutely zero integrity.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:41 pm
Absolutely zero integrity.
That's been deemed irrelevant in trump's Republican party.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Whack9 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:41 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 12:50 pm
No other explanation. The way they skirt very simple, straightforward questions drives me nuts. Absolutely zero integrity.
As you say.
Jordan Klepper Has Video Evidence Of How 'Humiliating' It Is To Be A Trump Stooge
"The Daily Show" correspondent spots bizarre moments from some of the former president's VP hopefuls.

“Daily Show” correspondent Jordan Klepper spotted a bizarre moment on TV over the weekend as Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) took election denial to a new level.

Scott, who is on the shortlist of Donald Trump’s potential vice presidential picks, didn’t just deny the 2020 results. As Klepper pointed out, he pre-denied the 2024 vote count during a wild interview in which he repeatedly refused to accept the results, saying only that Trump will be the next president.

“This is how humiliating it is to be on Trump’s team: Normal questions become trick questions,” said Klepper, who is hosting “The Daily Show” this week. “This is not a hard question. It’s like when the band comes out and says, ‘Are you ready to party?’ Just say yes and enjoy Imagine Dragons like a responsible adult.”...
:angry-banghead:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ex-Republican congressman calls RFK Jr. a ‘MAGA crazy Republican’ who will take votes away from GOP, Trump

Former Rep. David Jolly (Fla.), who served in the House as a Republican but later left the party, ripped into independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., calling him a “MAGA crazy Republican” who could take votes from the GOP this November.

“I still think RFK Jr. could take more from Republican, and I think that’s why Donald Trump’s attacking him,” Jolly, an MSNBC political commentator, told host Jonathan Capehart on Saturday. “He is a MAGA crazy Republican; he’s a vaccine denier. He denies science, he flip-flops on the issue of abortion and even his own VP candidate can’t keep up with where he is day to day on the most important issue going into November.”...
Nttawwt. Fingers crossed. GoMAGA crazy Republican RFK JrGo

Kari Lake says she’s not ‘all that confidant’ the 2024 election will be fair

:roll: Preemptive :crybaby:
... Lake added that she’s “absolutely, one thousand percent” sure the idea is intended to let noncitizens illegally living in the country vote in the 2024 election. Alleged schemes of noncitizens voting have consistently been tied to the “great replacement theory,” a white supremacist conspiracy theory. There are no records of noncitizens voting in any significant quantity in recent elections....
White supremacy, figures :puke-left:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wingnut Kari Lake is not alone.

Will You Accept the Election Results? Republicans Dodge the Question.

MAGAt wimps include:

Sen. Uncle Tim Scott (SC)
SINO Mike Johnson the johnson (LA)
Rep. Elise Stefanik (NY)
Rep. Byron Donalds (FL)
Sen. JD Vance (OH)
Sam Brown, candidate for Senate in Nevada

:roll: :obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

And yet, nobody has come up with even a plausible hypothetical as to how this massive election-rigging feat could have been pulled off.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:01 am
Wingnut Kari Lake is not alone.

Will You Accept the Election Results? Republicans Dodge the Question.

MAGAt wimps include:

Sen. Uncle Tim Scott (SC)
SINO Mike Johnson the johnson (LA)
Rep. Elise Stefanik (NY)
Rep. Byron Donalds (FL)
Sen. JD Vance (OH)
Sam Brown, candidate for Senate in Nevada

:roll: :obscene-birdiered:
We'll accept it if we win. :lol:

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:29 am
And yet, nobody has come up with even a plausible hypothetical as to how this massive election-rigging feat could have been pulled off.
And so far they haven't actually needed one.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:05 am
O Really wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 10:29 am
And so far they haven't actually needed one.
Well, there's that.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Battleground Polling Shows Ticket-Splitting Pattern

We have a new set of polls for you in the battleground states, including New York Times/Siena College polls of Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Nevada, Arizona and the inaugural Times/Philadelphia Inquirer/Siena poll in Pennsylvania.
It's not good news if NC is no longer a battleground.
The results in the presidential race would have been surprising a year ago, but it’s hard to call them surprising anymore. Former President Donald Trump leads in five of the six states among likely voters, with President Joe Biden squeaking out a lead among likely voters in Michigan.
Ut-oh.
Trump’s strength is largely thanks to gains among young, Black and Hispanic voters.
Voting for xenophobic White supremacy, great.
What’s more surprising is the U.S. Senate results. This is the first time we’ve asked about Senate races this year, and the Democratic candidates led in all four of the states we tested: Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona and Nevada.

Not only do Democrats lead, but they also seem to do so in an entirely customary way, with ordinary levels of support from young and nonwhite voters, even as Biden struggles at the top of the ticket.
Phew, silver lining.
... Overall, Trump led, 57-25, among Middle East, North African or Muslim voters in the poll. Those who say they voted in the 2020 election reported backing Biden by a similar but opposite margin, 56-35.

When we asked Arab or Muslim voters who didn’t back Biden about their most important issue in the race, around 70% cited foreign policy or the war in the Gaza Strip.
But but, TRE45QN and his fundie base are even more blindly pro-Israel.

:angry-banghead:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Polls six months out are nothing but fodder to give the talking heads something to do.

See 2016 and 2020.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:06 pm
Polls six months out are nothing but fodder to give the talking heads something to do.

See 2016 and 2020.
Could be, but the writer tries to make the case that the split-ticket results make the polling something to pay attention to - lower odds of partisan bias -0-?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Old assumptions and rationale are all out the window in a world in which Trump is even considered a viable candidate and where a generic almost "place-holder" President is widely despised with an abysmal approval rating even is his own party. However, even so, it's hard to imagine a person who is generally willing to vote Dem to voluntarily let Trump back in. People hold their noses and vote all the time. If you usually vote, and if you care at all, it's hard to imagine saying "Biden did (something I don't like) or didn't (something I wanted done) so I'm going to punish his 80-year old ass and the rest of the Dems by accepting somebody way worse on those issues I'm mad over.

Crazy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

In March I took a GQP ballot and mostly used a 'vote for the worst' tactic in order to help the Dems. 2 statewide races with crowded fields went to today's runoff without clear front-runners. I had not voted for any of the 4 pols. Now, I'm supporting the worst again, the 2 pols stressing culture wars. Might backfire if they win in Nov :think:

Charlotte Observer Endorsements: Our choices in NC’s Lt. Governor and auditor primary runoffs | Opinion

Lt. Governor
03/05/2024 OFFICIAL PRIMARY ELECTION RESULTS - STATEWIDE
Dem: Rachel Hunt by a landslide, 7 Repugs
Hal Weatherman REP 181,818 19.59%
Jim O'Neill REP 147,042 15.84%

"Forsyth County District Attorney Jim O’Neill ... a four-term district attorney who lost a close race for state attorney general in 2020".

"Hal Weatherman, who served as chief of staff to former North Carolina Lt. Gov. Dan Forest and to former U.S. Rep. Sue Myrick ... stresses his conservative cultural and religious views".

Charlotte Observer: "We recommend Jim O’Neill."

I support Hal Weatherman (cool surname).

Auditor
03/05/2024 OFFICIAL PRIMARY ELECTION RESULTS - STATEWIDE
Dem unopposed, 6 Repugs
Jack Clark REP 198,793 23.24%
Dave Boliek REP 189,071 22.10%
Extremely close.

"Jack Clark, who works as a research assistant in the North Carolina General Assembly. Clark is a Certified Public Accountant and has experience as an auditor at large firms."
Stresses fair professionalism.

"Dave Boliek, an attorney and former chair of the UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Trustees."
anti-DEI
Conservative
"Dave led the fight at UNC to eliminate woke diversity and equity policies and create a new School of Civic Life and Leadership to help bring ideological balance to the notoriously liberal campus."
Your enemy, O Really :twisted:
"Dave is a committed Christian who serves as an elder in his church."
Figures :roll: As if that matters for Auditor.

Charlotte Observer: "Clark is thoughtful and promises to bring a nonpartisan approach to the auditor’s office, pledging to hold both Democrats and Republicans accountable. He also brings relevant auditing experience that would be a clear asset to the role. We recommend Jack Clark."

I'll support the worst, Dave Boliek. However, it doesn't sound like it will be terrible if Clark wins in Nov.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

NC AUDITOR - REP (VOTE FOR 1)
Precincts Reported: 2636 of 2659
NAME ON BALLOT PARTY BALLOT COUNT PERCENT
Dave Boliek REP 66,370 53.26%
Jack Clark REP 58,248 46.74%

Not final, but Boliek is likely :thumbup:

NC LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR - REP (VOTE FOR 1)
Precincts Reported: 2636 of 2659
NAME ON BALLOT PARTY BALLOT COUNT PERCENT
Hal Weatherman REP 95,465 74.41%
Jim O'Neill REP 32,825 25.59%

Stomped :thumbup:

Wow, two-fer. Fundies must have turned out. Fingers crossed that neither wins office.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Have I mentioned lately that this is gonna be a strange election year?

Besides the traditional dem vs. pub, we have the MAGAt's vs. the pubs and if the MAGAt's lose the general the fireworks are really gonna happen.

There might not be enough popcorn.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

New commercial.

Thx Moscow Marge.