Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Mr.B »

What's good for the goose ain't good for the gander?

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

As predicted by many....

Air Force Times: Air Force intel uses ISIS 'moron's' social media posts to target airstrikes
"The [airmen are] combing through social media and they see some moron standing at this command," Carlisle said at the speech, which was sponsored by the Air Force Association. "And in some social media, open forum, bragging about command and control capabilities for Da'esh, ISIL, And these guys go 'ah, we got an in.'

"So they do some work, long story short, about 22 hours later through that very building, three JDAMS take that entire building out. Through social media. It was a post on social media. Bombs on target in 22 hours.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Why would the AF tell ISIS this is how they got got, or even invent it if the intel really came by some other means? It'll either never happen again, or a first time.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I think that's a subtle message to everyone about the hidden dangers directed to all those that are self-absorbed in selfies.

In the meantime......

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

What?!!

New York man says fortune teller scammed him out $700K

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York man who sought help from a fortuneteller to fix a romantic relationship claims she scammed him out of more than $700,000.

The New York Times (http://nyti.ms/1dU288a) reports the 32-year-old Brooklyn man told police Manhattan psychic Priscilla Delmaro told him that evil spirits were keeping him and a woman he claimed to love apart.

The man told police the 26-year-old psychic told him spirits talked to her, so he made multiple payments to her for over a year. Those included $80,000 for a bridge of gold she said would trap evil spirits in another realm.

Delmaro and another person were arrested in New York on May 26. They were charged with grand larceny and remain in jail.

Their lawyer denied the man's allegations.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

No surprise that the big poster doesn't match the commentary. Not that I agree, but the logic is that because companies with unions negotiate pay, the workers have an extra edge or protection that non-unionized workers don't have. The poster implies that unions are seeking an exemption for themselves, which isn't accurate. But in real value, the minimum wage has gone down since 1968. The minimum then was $1.60, worth $10.88 today. So there's some room for increase without all companies going out of business and the country falling into the sea.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Sapearya Sao, then 25 and sober that night in 2013 in Portland, Oregon, was rammed by a drunk hit-and-run driver (Nathan Wisbeck), who later rammed another drunk driver -- but Sao finds himself defending the lawsuit by the two people injured in Wisbeck's second collision. Sao recently settled the lawsuit brought by that second drunk driver, but still faces a $9.8 million lawsuit brought by the estate of the second drunk driver's late passenger, which argues that if Sao had not pursued Wisbeck in an attempt to identify him, the second crash would not have occurred. (Of course, that crash also might not have occurred if the second driver -- 0.11 blood alcohol -- had been sober.) [The Oregonian, 5-12-2015] via News of the Weird

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Woody Allen is creating a TV series for Amazon.

My guess for the title: "How I Met Your Daughter."

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Colonel Taylor wrote:...
Your quote is fake, used to herd the gullible and stupid into the Tea Party when there's no sheep dog available.

Yes, Sanger indeed had some racist writing early on. She went on to work closely with black leaders.

Yes, she supported eugenics. Against the "profoundly retarded", mentally ill, "and reckless people whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers." But she supported birth control, and was entirely opposed to "extermination" as some people of the time promoted.

This is the "Can't make this (stuff) up" thread, not the "Made this (stuff) up" thread.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

rstrong wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:...
Your quote is fake, used to herd the gullible and stupid into the Tea Party when there's no sheep dog available.

Yes, Sanger indeed had some racist writing early on. She went on to work closely with black leaders.

Yes, she supported eugenics. Against the "profoundly retarded", mentally ill, "and reckless people whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers." But she supported birth control, and was entirely opposed to "extermination" as some people of the time promoted.

This is the "Can't make this (stuff) up" thread, not the "Made this (stuff) up" thread.
I know what is fake and what's not thank you.
My point is liberals will follow anyone who is racist then make excuses. No matter how you put it she was a first class racist and you libs licked her ass! In fact she was a hateful liberal racist! Jackson, Sharpton, Obama just to name a few! They do anything to stir up crap where there is none.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Colonel Taylor wrote:I know what is fake and what's not thank you.
No doubt. Reposting Republican right lies and hoaxes like a chicken trained to peck Copy & Paste buttons is simply what you do.
Colonel Taylor wrote:My point is liberals will follow anyone who is racist then make excuses.
So.... You think that Republican right should have a monopoly on this?
Colonel Taylor wrote:Jackson, Sharpton
Let's be honest here: Sure, they've made some uncomfortably racist comments. But no more so - a whole lot less, really - than Republican Party counterparts like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell.

And unlike with Robertson and Falwell, Jackson and Sharpton were usually responding to very real injustices.
Not that you could point out a real example for Obama without sounding goddamned stupid.
Colonel Taylor wrote:They do anything to stir up crap where there is none.
Your real complaint is that there IS crap, and they're pointing it out. You don't have a problem with police outright murdering blacks. You don't have a problem with blacks receiving jail terms where whites would get a fine. You don't have a problem with blacks getting stopped and frisked far more often than whites. But HOW DARE people protest it.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

rstrong wrote:
Colonel Taylor wrote:I know what is fake and what's not thank you.
No doubt. Reposting Republican right lies and hoaxes like a chicken trained to peck Copy & Paste buttons is simply what you do.
Colonel Taylor wrote:My point is liberals will follow anyone who is racist then make excuses.
So.... You think that Republican right should have a monopoly on this?
Let's be honest here: Sure, they've made some uncomfortably racist comments. But no more so - a whole lot less, really - than Republican Party counterparts like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell.

Wow if you believe this there really is no reason to go on. By the way I don't follow Roberson and Falwell as much as you obviously follow Jacksoooon and Sharptoooon. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I doubt either one of them have ever made a true comment amongst both of them. :roll:

And unlike with Robertson and Falwell, Jackson and Sharpton were usually responding to very real injustices.

Yup Tiawanna Brawly was a real problem wasn't it? Hands up don't shoot. OOPS that one was made up too.
0:-?>
Not that you could point out a real example for Obama without sounding goddamned stupid.

You live under a rock or something, Really? I will not look up the many racist comments by OBlamer but he admitted he knew none of the details but proceeded to state that the police acted stupidly in arresting the professor Gates . Don’t we have due process in this country? No not for OBlamer's black friends!
Colonel Taylor wrote:They do anything to stir up crap where there is none.
Your real complaint is that there IS crap, and they're pointing it out. You don't have a problem with police outright murdering blacks. You don't have a problem with blacks receiving jail terms where whites would get a fine. You don't have a problem with blacks getting stopped and frisked far more often than whites. But HOW DARE people protest it.
If an officer kills anyone white or black they should be prosecuted, you obviously don't think so. I don't commit any crime so I don't care, can't do the time don't do the crime. Depending on geographics and location and crime rate maybe they should get pulled over more, who knows it's a case by case situation. I'm sure in a lily white neighborhood whites are pulled over more then blacks, I also would guess in a black neighborhood blacks are pulled over more. See when I get pulled over I don't look at the cop and ask his color I hand them what they ask for. Done no problem!
You sure do have some hatred and racial issues. How sad you are a liberal so you are allowed to hate others for their skin color and think nothing of it. Shame shame shame! :cry:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Colonel Taylor wrote:How sad you are a liberal so you are allowed to hate others for their skin color and think nothing of it. Shame shame shame! :cry:
How sad YOU are a liberal so you are allowed to hate others for their skin color and think nothing of it. Shame shame shame! :cry:

(I'm re-using your definition of liberal here: "Anyone who disagrees with you." I'm a conservative, not a Tea Party / Palin / Santorum / Limbaugh pretend "conservative" like yourself.)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:Not that you could _________ without sounding goddamned stupid.
It's Kernel Failure, he could be reading the weather report.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:Image
Florida man's photo of a raccoon riding an alligator might be fake

..."this is just a taxidermy raccoon carefully positioned on top of a remote-controlled alligator" ... "The most obvious thing is that when a gator swims in the water only its eyes and nostrils are ever above the water. The back is usually completely submerged."

Sorry.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Well, maybe you can make this (stuff) up.
..."this is just a taxidermy raccoon carefully positioned on top of a remote-controlled alligator" ...

Yeah, probably.

"The most obvious thing is that when a gator swims in the water only its eyes and nostrils are ever above the water. The back is usually completely submerged."
In theory, that would be explained by:
"I snapped a lucky picture right when the gator slipped into the water..."
Some cool, mostly not fake stuff in your link.
... The act wouldn't necessarily be out of character for either

species,

nor would this be the first time a furry critter has used another member of the animal kingdom for transportation.
animals riding animals
My black aunt had a monkey on her back, but she's better now.

Here I am "riding" a Dem, as usual:

1312. ETTD.