Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: Trump

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:What the ones who voted against him don't realize, or don't want to admit, is the effects of the last 8 years is what got Trump elected,
A simply, honest, non-partisan, non-insulting question: Why start the clock at eight years?

Obama has simply continued the policies of the previous administration. As Bannination documented above, any time Obama tried to fix things - often using what are now Trump's solutions - Republicans blocked it.

Understand, the Republicans-dominated do-nothing Congress is NOT business as usual. Sure, Democrats had abused the fake-filibuster process. But Republicans using it to block EVERYTHING - as their openly stated policy yet - is new.

So one more time: Why start the clock with Obama? And why expect things to change after Obama?

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
rstrong wrote:He's already reversed his "Drain the Swamp" promise about getting rid of the cronies and lobbyists.

Politico: Lobbyists abound on Trump transition ...
VP-Elect Pence Removes Lobbyists From Transition Team: Aide

Good job, rstrong. Now, do Bannon.
*Officially* removed. But probably still in the room, still giving advice, still expecting a return on their investments.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Well sure, only moronic Trumpettes believed that he would really get rid of the cronies and lobbyists.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

JTA wrote:Ben Carson on potentially being offered a cabinet position: I have no governing experience, I must decline (paraphrased).

Despite having ran for president.
Probly he just don't wanna be no tame house Negro in an administration where White Supremacist Steve Bannon is stroking the trumphole's dick and whispering in his ear.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Boatrocker wrote:
JTA wrote:Ben Carson on potentially being offered a cabinet position: I have no governing experience, I must decline (paraphrased).

Despite having ran for president.
Probly he just don't wanna be no tame house Negro in an administration where White Supremacist Steve Bannon is stroking the trumphole's dick and whispering in his ear.
I did not want that image in my head :(
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:
Mr.B wrote:What the ones who voted against him don't realize, or don't want to admit, is the effects of the last 8 years is what got Trump elected,
A simply, honest, non-partisan, non-insulting question: Why start the clock at eight years?
I'm aware that the eight years prior to Obama was a cluster-bang; but...Obama won the election on his "Hope and Change" platform. Then it was all "blame it on Bush" with no real hope or change in sight, as far the economy, policies, etc.
Trump is going to be nothing more than Obama, except that Obama had a tad more political experience.

"Obama has simply continued the policies of the previous administration."
No "Hope and Change" in that, was there?

"As Bannination documented above, any time Obama tried to fix things - often using what are now Trump's solutions - Republicans blocked it.
Understand, the Republicans-dominated do-nothing Congress is NOT business as usual. Sure, Democrats had abused the fake-filibuster process. But Republicans using it to block EVERYTHING - as their openly stated policy yet - is new."
That's why I'm not a Republican. The whole lot of Washington bureaucrats are mentally aligned with a bunch of second graders who's interests are self-serving.

So one more time: Why start the clock with Obama? And why expect things to change after Obama?
I don't expect things to change under Trump's "leadership". I don't know, but my gut tells me there will be a "change" in the not-too-distant future, and it won't be the "change" that Trump envisions.

I believe the office of POTUS is just a new toy that he will quickly tire of, and he might just look at himself in the mirror and declare
"You're Fired"

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Hey you guys I also forgot about this, but about a year ago we were all Laughing and urging the Republicans to pleeaaassseee choose Trump as their nominee. And those over at the more conservative venues were were lamenting that the Republican primary only went to trump because Democrats in open state primaries were voting for him in a bid to sabatoge their chances at gaining the presidency.

Hah!

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Hah :(

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

About a year ago some of us were urging the Dems to pleeaaassseee not choose Hillary as their nominee.

Hah! :P
Boatrocker wrote:... Probly he just don't wanna be no tame house Negro in an administration where White Supremacist Steve Bannon is stroking the trumphole's dick and whispering in his ear.
That ship done sailed. Carson is in the GOP and campaigned for Trump.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I figured it out you guys.

A time traveler messed up. The cubs were never supposed to win the world series, but a time traveling cubs fan altered the course of events resulting in a Cubs win. Seems innocuous enough. No big deal right? WRONG! This set off a chain of events that resulted in Trump getting elected. In the timeline where the Cubs lost, Hillary Clinton was elected president.

My alternate theory is that Hitler was never supposed to live. In all other timelines, time travelers succeeded in their attempts at killing him. World War II never happens. Hell, a bunch of historical shit never happens. BUT, in those timelines Trump never gains the throne. Only because a time traveler screwed up and didn't kill Hitler back when he was painting flowers and all kinds of other dumb shit that nobody cared about do we end up with a Trump presidency.

That time travelers name?

Donald.

J.

Trump.

I mean, nothing else really explains it to be honest.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:... In the timeline where the Cubs lost, Hillary Clinton was elected president....
Tough choice. ;)
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

You know how sometimes, children will think characters on a TV show are real people? And that everything you see on TV is real? Like you're staring into an alternate reality or something?

What if we're really all characters in a really absurd TV show? One where Donald Trump is president?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

They're not paying me enough and the laugh track isn't convincing.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I got it!

Harambe.

Hear me out on this...

Harambe was murdered on May 28, 2016. Prior to his martyrdom, memes, while still fairly popular, weren't quite as popular as before his death (god bless his soul). After Harambe was assassinated in his cell, gorilla memes EXPLODED, exposing memes to people previously quite unfamiliar. About a month later I began noticing a trend. Trump memes.... EVERYWHERE. This lead to increased popularity of Trump as Hillary could not compete on the meme front.

Could it be? Had Harambe not been murdered, Hillary Clinton would have been president elect.

QED.

BUT. Does this mean... dear god... Trump had Harambe murdered? Was that little boy that fell into that gorilla enclosure on that fateful day working for Trump? Jet fuel can't melt steal beams, folks. I rest my case.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Then again, it did happen on the Democrats watch. If Obama can't keep our nations gorillas safe, how can we expect him and his party to keep Americans safe?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Or . . . the soul of Harambe entered Trump and he's now exacting revenge on all of humanity.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Canada had previously meddled in American presidential politics with Canadian Sarah Palin.

The Trump family fortune was built in Canada; Trump's grandfather ran a brothel in the Yukon.

Trump met his first wife in Montreal, Canada.

There are a number of luxury buildings in Canada bearing Trump's name.

Trump promises a wall on the southern border, but is strangely silent on the northern one. He calls Mexicans murderers and rapists, but has no similar criticism for Canada.

The Republican primaries were sabotaged in favor of Trump by running Ted Cruz as his only viable competitor. And Ted Cruz had spent years stoking anger not merely against the "Washington Establishment, but against the "Republican Establishment", which only benefitted Trump. By the end of the campaign Cruz was on the phones raising money for Trump. Ted Cruz was born in Canada and held Canadian citizenship until the 2016 election cycle.

Rob Ford seems suspiciously like a trial run for the Donald Trump candidacy.

Need I go on?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

My girlfriend is Jewish. I showed her this to ask if it's true, but she won't fess up. The proof is in the pudding. Behold:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

rstrong wrote: Rob Ford seems suspiciously like a trial run for the Donald Trump candidacy.

Need I go on?
I was thinking semi-Canadianish Paul LePage was also a trial run.