Heroes

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Heroes

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede finally pointed out my spelling shortcomings

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/u ... &start=220

After reading go cubs and vrede's post on Sally yates it is likely that there will be many hereos over the next several years

Trump is such a dick

The orange "president declared in a statement that Sally Q. Yates, who had served as deputy attorney general under President Barack Obama, had betrayed the Department of Justice by announcing that Justice Department lawyers would not defend Mr. Trump’s order against legal challenges
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Heroes

Moved by billy pilgrim

rstrong
Captain
Re: Hereos
PostTue Jan 31, 2017 1:24 am

"At present, I am not convinced that...the Executive Order is lawful.... The Department of Justice will not present arguments in defense of the Executive Order, unless and until I become convinced that it is appropriate to do so."
- acting attorney general Sally Yates in a memo on Monday

"[She] has betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States."
- White House statement on her being fired that night
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Moved by billy pilgrim

rstrong
Captain
PostTue Jan 31, 2017 3:24 am

Here's Jeff Sessions asking AG nominee Sally Yates in 2015 if she'd resist 'improper' Presidential orders

https://youtu.be/sXDt3WA07zc

Senator Sessions: "Do you think the U.S. Attorney General has a responsibility to say no to the president if he asks for something that is improper?"

Sally Yates: "I believe they have an obligation to follow the law and the Constitution,”

She did, and was fired for it by Trump yesterday. The Senate Judiciary Committee plans to vote on his nomination today to replace Yates.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Moved by billy pilgrim due to inability to spell the title

Boatrocker said

emphasis mine] Gonna flirt with Godwin for a mo, and remind all that the SS swore allegiance, not to greater Germany, but to Adolph Hitler, personally.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Moved by bp

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
PostTue Jan 31, 2017 10:37 am

Sometimes, Godwin is right. The only question is whether our people and institutions are strong enough to effectively resist. It's not like the German people were unsophisticated or inherently despicable.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Moved by bp

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
PostTue Jan 31, 2017 10:37 am

Sometimes, Godwin is right. The only question is whether our people and institutions are strong enough to effectively resist. It's not like the German people were unsophisticated or inherently despicable.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Moved by bp

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster
PostTue Jan 31, 2017 11:42 pm

Diplomats defy White House warning, criticize travel ban

Hundreds of American diplomats defied a White House warning on Tuesday, sending a memo to the State Department's leadership that criticizes President Donald Trump's temporary travel ban on citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries. It is believed to be one of the most popularly supported statements of dissent in the department's history.

A State Department official said the cable was received just a day after White House spokesman Sean Spicer suggested those disagreeing with Trump's new policy should resign. The official did not have an exact number of signatories, but said more than 800 indicated they would sign after drafts of the cable circulated over the weekend....

"A policy which closes our doors to over 200 million legitimate travelers in the hopes of preventing a small number of travelers who intend to harm Americans from using the visa system to enter the United States will not achieve its aim of making our country safer," the diplomats wrote in the so-called "dissent cable."

"This ban stands in opposition to the core American and constitutional values that we, as federal employees, took an oath to uphold," a draft of the cable said....

In response to reports of the cable Monday, Spicer said of the diplomats: "They should either get with the program or they can go." ...

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Changing the title feature would have been so much easier

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:Vrede finally pointed out my spelling shortcomings... Changing the title feature would have been so much easier
I think you have 24 hours to edit. After that, a moderator can do it or can move all posts to a new thread intact. If anyone's curious about the links and hypocritical Sessions video, they're still at:

Hereos
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:Vrede finally pointed out my spelling shortcomings... Changing the title feature would have been so much easier
Hereos
I thought that was a Republican name for Oreos. Sort of like 'Freedom Fries.'

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

By PM, and only because it was the title of a thread we'll be posting to for 4 or 8 years.

Here Os:

;)
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
I think you have 24 hours to edit. After that, a moderator can do it or can move all posts to a new thread intact. If anyone's curious about the links and hypocritical Sessions video, they're still at:

Hereos

but I didn't notice your message for a few days

this could turn out to be a good thread honoring those who stand for the country over the orange fuhrer

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:but I didn't notice your message for a few days ...
Do you have Notifications turned on in User Control Panel/Board preferences/Edit notification options?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:but I didn't notice your message for a few days ...
Do you have Notifications turned on in User Control Panel/Board preferences/Edit notification options?
yeah, I just don't look up that often

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:

Hereos
Looks like you coulda fixed it easily with your double-secret moderator admin credentials, since they surpass even Banni's.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

One must ask humbly, and pay me Superstar Cultmaster tribute.
Spoiler:
Then, I'll pass the request on to banni or some actual moderator.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:One must ask humbly, and pay me Superstar Cultmaster tribute.
Spoiler:

maybe mr bb could have done it. I feel so ashamed of my spelin

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Boatrocker wrote:Looks like you coulda fixed it easily with your double-secret moderator admin credentials, since they surpass even Banni's.
Don't mock the Superstar Cultmaster. I'll wave my magic e-wand and put your post somewhere else in the thread. Then, I'll do it to a Mr.B post somewhere just to see him thwow a tantwum again (or, I already have :twisted: ).
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:"One must ask humbly, and pay me Superstar Cultmaster tribute.
The "actual moderator" being the one who told me once where my IP address was located?

July 24, 2014:
Mr.B wrote:
Vrede wrote:
Mr.B wrote:"...Vrede once commented that Homerfobe and I showed up occasionally under the same ISP address..."
"Including the one you used for this post, though it says homerfobe only posted from it twice."
"Where does it show I posted from this time?"
Vrede's reply in a post that since was deleted because he went crying to Banni about being "stalked and found out": "Mills River"
Mr.B wrote:"Mills River? I'm in Hendersonville."
In reply, Vrede wrote:
Vrede wrote:"Greenville, SC, though it's not exactly saying that's where you are, just that's where your host server (I guess) is."
CYA...."I guess"

Vrede and Ombudsman both swore up and down I was homerfobe, Ombudsman even listed IP's of other posters.
Now, according to rstrong and Vrede, I'm Seth Milner as well as myself. Who's obsessed? Who's the liar(s)?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

re-posted
Last edited by Mr.B on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.