Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
JTA
Commander

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:ImageImage
Dude this is the look I'm going for. I'm gonna shave my head here pretty soon and go full on Mike Tyson since my hair is being a jerk and dipping on me. Tattoo and boxing career and everything.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Supposedly Howie Mandel goes full on skin head because he's a germophobe, not because his hair dipped on him.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

JTA wrote:Dude this is the look I'm going for. I'm gonna shave my head here pretty soon and go full on Mike Tyson since my hair is being a jerk and dipping on me. Tattoo and boxing career and everything.
Wrong choice with your girlfriend. I'd suggest:

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice

They're about 100 years too late. I wonder what any of them really know about racial prejudice?

Best laugh of my life was when I was in a bar (in civvies) in San Diego two years ago minding my own business when two enlisted Marines, both sergeants, both white, sat down beside me, one on either side and ordered themselves a beer. About halfway through his beer, one Marine asked if I was military, and I replied I was in the Navy. He then asked how such an ugly nigger could ever get chosen for the Navy instead of the Marines. I told him I was was lucky, I kept my nose in my own business, I took a bath every day, and the Marines wouldn't take me because my Mom and Dad were married. The other Marine jumped up and landed a haymaker up side my head, while the other tossed his beer in my face. No sooner done than the SP's strolled in and seeing the action, jumped in and pinned down one of the Marines. One SP said "are you OK Admiral?" You should have seen two Marines turn whiter than they already were... :shock: :shock: :lol:
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A Dairy Queen owner unleashed a racist tirade against a customer. He no longer has a business.

The Dairy Queen owner shouting the n-word at Deianeira Ford told her he could say whatever he wanted at his fast-food restaurant — that any accusations and complaints she uttered would fall on deaf ears.

... On Friday, Dairy Queen announced that it was closing the location in Zion, Ill., and that it was terminating Crichton’s franchise rights....
:clap: Can you hear us now?

Zion - ironic given the historical repression of the Jews.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

The Guardian: Police Taser their own race relations adviser in Bristol
The police watchdog has launched an investigation after officers Tasered a race relations adviser who has worked to improve links between the force and the black community in Bristol.

Judah Adunbi, 63, was Tasered by police outside his home in the city on Saturday when officers apparently mistook him for a wanted man.
[...]
Police later confirmed there had been a previous incident involving Adunbi. A spokesman said: “We can confirm that Mr Adunbi was awarded compensation following an incident in 2009. Taser was not deployed regarding this incident.”
[...]
Adunbi was initially charged with assaulting a constable in the execution of their duty and using threatening or abusing behaviour or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harrassment, alarm or distress. The charges have since been dropped.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tell Congress: This country needs civil rights!

Last week Donald Trump announced that he’s planning on cutting the funding of the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice as a part of a $1 billion cut this fiscal year. This division is responsible for protecting the rights of all Americans, including Black folks and other people of color, women, and folks with disabilities. Protecting civil rights is an American value. Donald Trump is just wrong if he thinks he can take that away from us.

The "idiocracy" that we are being ushered into, especially over the next 100 days, is terrifying and unsettling, to say the least. Trump is already making ridiculous decisions and hasn’t even been in office for a week yet.

If we stand up to Congress--especially those that rely on the votes of Black people-- we can make sure the Civil Rights Division stays intact.

Tell Congress to reject Donald Trump's bigotry and stand up for civil rights.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Mike Pence Recognized Black History Month By Honoring A White Man

It's like celebrating Christmas by honoring Pontius Pilate for making Christianity possible, Mike.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

‘Are they friends of yours?’: Trump asks African-American journalist to help set up meeting with Congressional Black Caucus

:-0?> Damn, this is really embarrassing.
The CBC Verified account
‏@OfficialCBC

Hi, @realDonaldTrump. We’re the CBC. We sent you a letter on January 19, but you never wrote us back. Sad! Letter: http://bit.ly/2kD6FhQ
:roll: :D
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

'Just racist': EPA cuts will hit black and Hispanic communities the hardest
Proposal would remove environmental justice office, tasked with bridging gap in pollution in black, Hispanic and low-income areas and wealthier white ones

Planned cuts at the Environmental Protection Agency are set to fall heaviest upon communities of color across the US that already suffer disproportionately from toxic pollution, green groups have warned.

Donald Trump’s administration is proposing a 25% reduction in the EPA’s $8.1bn budget, eliminating nearly 3,000 jobs and several programs including the agency’s environmental justice office. Funding for the cleanup of lead, marine pollution, tribal lands and the Great Lakes region faces severe cuts, while climate initiatives are earmarked for a 70% budget reduction.

The environmental justice office is tasked with bridging the yawning disparity in pollution experienced by black, Hispanic and low-income communities and wealthier white neighborhoods. It provides grants to communities to mop up toxins and rehabilitate abandoned industrial facilities that are invariably found in poorer areas.

In the final months of Barack Obama’s administration, the EPA unveiled a new effort to tackle lead poisoning, air pollution and other problems suffered by communities of color situated next to waste treatment plants, smelters and other sources of toxins. But this plan will be cut down in its infancy should the environmental justice office be dismantled.

“The Trump administration has decided fence-line communities across the country, whose residents already bear an outsized burden from pollution, are on their own to take on big polluters,” said Ken Cook, president of the Environmental Working Group, an advocacy organization.

“Most pollution-spewing operations are within eyeshot of the backyards and kitchen windows of African American and Hispanic families, as well as those of many largely white lower-income communities.

“Through this decision to zero out funding for the EPA’s environmental justice programs, the president and the administrator have sent a shameful message: the health of poor Americans is less important than that of the wealthy.” ...
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Rep. Steve King (R): ‘We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies’

Iowa Rep. Steve King is facing a fierce backlash over a tweet critics say is an open embrace of white nationalism....

King’s tweet was retweeted by David Duke, former grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

“Sanity reigns supreme in Iowa’s 4th congressional district,” Duke tweeted, adding: “GOD BLESS STEVE KING!!!”

Evan McMullin, the former independent U.S. presidential candidate, was quick to condemn King’s tweet.

“GOP Congressman @SteveKingIA promotes the un-American ideas of white nationalism,” McMullin tweeted. “Will any Republican congressmen condemn his bigotry?”

California Rep. Ted Lieu, a Democrat, also condemned King’s message.
Ted Lieu‏ Verified account
@tedlieu

Dear Representative Steve King: These are my two babies. --Representative Ted Lieu
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GOP rep to Steve King: 'I’m an American no less than you are’
Justin Amash‏ Verified account
@justinamash

I'm an American no less than you are. I love our Constitution and traditions. Am I "somebody else's" baby because my parents are immigrants?
Hero.
... King on Monday defended his comments, insisting during a CNN interview that “I meant exactly what I said."

“It’s a clear message,” he told host Chris Cuomo. "We need to get our birth rates up or Europe will be entirely transformed within half a century or a little more. And Geert Wilders knows that and that’s part of his campaign and part of his agenda."

“Western civilization [is] a superior civilization. I’d like to see an America that’s just so homogenous that we look a lot the same, from that perspective.” ...
:oII
Multiple Republicans have rejected King’s assertions since Sunday, with Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) telling her colleague to “get a clue” Monday.

“Diversity is our strength,” said Ros-Lehtinen, the first Cuban-American elected to Congress. "All looking alike is such a waste. A travesty. I wanna be me. All others are taken."
Hero.
Republicans rebuke King for racial remarks

... That sentiment was echoed by Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), one of only three black senators, and Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.), a Cuban-American from South Florida.

“What exactly do you mean?” Curbelo asked in a tweet. “Do I qualify as somebody else's baby?"
More heroes.
Democrats joined the pile-on. Drew Hammill, a spokesman for House minority leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), called King’s remarks “vile racism” that have “no place in decent society, much less in the U.S. Congress.”

“It’s no accident that communities across America have been threatened by emboldened racists,” Hammill said in a statement. “The GOP Leadership must stop accommodating this garbage, and condemn Congressman Steve King’s statements in the strongest and most unequivocal terms. Speaker Ryan and the House Republican Leadership must decide whether white supremacy is welcome in the GOP ranks.”

Of course, it's a tragedy that these days we're forced to set the bar for GOP heroism so low.
Asked about King’s remarks, an aide for Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said the lawmaker “clearly disagrees and believes America’s long history of inclusiveness is one of its great strengths.”

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) added that “being American is about embracing our country’s founding principles of liberty and personal responsibility, not where someone’s ancestors came from.”

“Legal immigration is an integral part of the American dream,” Scalise said.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer, asked by The Hill for President Trump’s reaction to King’s statements, said he would look into it and provide a response....
:roll: Gonna ask Bannon? :lol: The only question is whether King is a witting sacrificial lamb as a deliberate distraction from Trump's only slightly less overt racism.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote: :roll: Gonna ask Bannon? :lol: The only question is whether King is a witting sacrificial lamb as a deliberate distraction from Trump's only slightly less overt racism.
King is a guy who keeps a Confederate flag on his office desk - despite Iowa being on the Union side. Defended Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" claim. Calls on judges to "resign from their position" when they rule against him. Went all-in on claims that Obama was a Muslim terrorist. Calls global warming a "religion."

He's the perfect Trump surrogate. The perfect modern-day Republican.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

King is also yet another GOP Vietnam chickenhawk, getting multiple student deferments but never even managing to graduate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kin ... ess_career
Imbecile.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:King is also yet another GOP Vietnam chickenhawk, getting multiple student deferments but never even managing to graduate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kin ... ess_career
Imbecile.

The dickhead never answered my letter about my lawnmower
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:The dickhead never answered my letter about my lawnmower
:lol: The lawnmower thread

Several of our less kinky questions are answered here:

Can You Marry Your Lawnmower? IowaStartingLine.com Investigates

:lol:

Steve King Says It’s Legal, So I Tried To Marry My Lawnmower (article with transcript)

Found this. Didn't stay long, but it might have the answers to our more kinky questions:

Steve King's Lawnmower Dating Club
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I always remove the fundraising pitches from emails that I share here, but since this is for a very specific and worthwhile action:
The death blow for Trump News?

Trump's beloved Breitbart News is reeling. With your help, over 1,400 companies have stopped advertising on its website.

A massive source of income for them -- GONE.

Now you can help us end Breitbart for good: we’ll buy google ads so whenever someone searches for a company that advertises on Breitbart, an ad will tell them the corporation backs Breitbart. They can then click through to see a list of corporations with a more ethical advertising stance.

With your donation today, we can flood search engines with our ads. Can you chip in $1 to stop Breitbart?

Yes, I'll chip in $1 to buy ads to pressure companies to stop advertising on Breitbart

Breitbart News was one of Donald Trump’s earliest and loudest supporters. By fanning the flames of division and distrust, they helped elect one of the most pro-corporate presidents for generations.

And it’s supported by revenue from companies who advertise on its hateful website. Some companies have refused to back down -- but others don't even realise they're advertising on this horrific website. Either way they need to hear from us.

Online ads are an effective and inexpensive way of turning up the pressure on companies to stop advertising on Breitbart. What’s more we’ve sourced expert help to make sure we get the best value for money.

If enough of us chip in we can flood search engines with our ads -- that way anyone searching for a company advertising on Breitbart will be under no illusions.

Each time, we’ll be hitting these corporations in their most vulnerable spot: their potential profits.

Ads are quick to get up and quick to take down. This means we can target companies easily -- and if a corporation cleans up their act, we can cancel the ads immediately.

For the corporations that won’t give up their Breitbart habit, we’ll be giving consumers a real choice.

Already thanks to the leadership of Sleeping Giants and nearly 1 million SumOfUs members over 1,400 companies have stopped advertising with Breitbart. But there are still far too many giving their ad money to this bigoted hate machine.

By chipping in $1 today you’ll be making it clear that supporting hate and discrimination is not acceptable.

Chip in $1 to buy ads to pressure companies to stop advertising on Breitbart.

Thanks for all that you do,

Tricia, Emma, Hannah and the team at SumOfUs
https://www.sumofus.org/

More information:

Protesters launch campaign against Shopify for selling far-right Breitbart merchandise. Independent. 6 March 2017.
Breitbart News' Worst Headlines. Media Matters. 17 August 2016.

SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new, sustainable path for our global economy.
1400, wow!
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Steve King is the sort of purefuckinidiot that occasionally makes Louis Gohmert look almost sane.
Almost.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote: 1400, wow!
Wow that there were ever 1,400 companies willing to advertise there. That's scary enough in itself.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:Wow that there were ever 1,400 companies willing to advertise there. That's scary enough in itself.
Many if not most didn't know there their ads appeared on Breitbart. They were buying ads through Google Ads, AppNexus and others, and had no idea where the ads were appearing.