Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
JTA
Commander

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by JTA »

That's pretty bad when your revolver accidentally discharges.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

JTA wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:05 am
That's pretty bad when your revolver accidentally discharges.
That's what she said. :o ;)
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I've got some friends that refuse to go nearly anywhere without their gun.

I get it. I understand being prepared. But shit you guys. Unless you want to fester your whole life without leaving SC, you're gonna have to leave your gun behind sometimes.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

You have to wonder, "prepared" for what, specifically? I don't think it has anything to do with being "prepared." I think they're (not your friends personally, but in general) still just playing cowboy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Hey, you never know when there's going to be fake Confederate grave desecration. The only thing that can stop fake Antifa is a fake tough guy with a crappy gun.

Happy Independence Day!
Last edited by Vrede too on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:09 am
You have to wonder, "prepared" for what, specifically? I don't think it has anything to do with being "prepared." I think they're (not your friends personally, but in general) still just playing cowboy.
Whenever the gun toting "militia" types show up to a protest armed, they're always wearing military fatigues and decked out in molle gear like they think they're going to be hunkered down having to survive a month long seige deep in the bush of suburban Pennsylvania.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, I know they've got their little imaginations running overtime. But I'm thinking more of JTA's friends who wander around armed in their everyday life. What "threats" do you suppose they fear? Or maybe they really do put themselves at risk by walking around in sketchy neighborhoods in the middle of the night, or getting into bar fights at 3:00 a.m., or starting road rage incidents, or harassing the ex.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

For almost all of them their fears are no more rational than the possibility of fake Confederate grave desecration. There's also the compensation thing, carrying gives them some psyche boost they don't otherwise have.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Yeah it makes you feel macho. I think some carry out of an fear of being attacked or something too, though. It's also reassuring knowing it's there in case the need arises to defend yourself.

Me and my brother were having a conversation about this. He stayed put in my hometown, I moved away. Growing up we had it hammered into our heads to be wary of everyone, keep them at a distance (literally and figuratively) and that most people are trying to screw you over. Most people back home appear to have this same attitude. It's a shitty town with lots of crime.

I moved away and found that most people are alright. It took a while to realize this and become less wary of strangers, and less fearful of the unknown.

My brother noticed that he and a lot of people back home are still suspicious of everyone. He's self aware enough to realize why, but most aren't

Once again, nothing wrong with keeping a little distance until you get to know someone, we all do it. But I think with some people there's this irrational fear that everyone is out to get one over on you, and if given the opportunity, kill you and take your loot so to speak.

Getting out of your comfort zone and interacting with people dispels that notion, I think.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol: :!:

Great minds think alike, and do so within 5 minutes of each other.

The comments are full of posts mocking the Trump supporters like, "Take down this libtard trash," . . . at least I think they're mocking the Trump supporters. :think:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Moving right along to religion..... These analytical geniuses have it all figured out.

http://www.unsealed.org/2017/06/the-div ... lipse.html
1. The August eclipse occurs exactly 33 days before the Revelation 12 Sign, beginning in the 33rd state (Oregon), and ending in South Carolina at the 33rd parallel. I've personally verified each of these details (see here, here, and here). Can you really chalk up the significance of this to pure coincidence or confirmation bias? It's been noted that an eclipse like this hasn't happened in 99 years. That would be 3 x 33 years. What might God be communicating? One of our readers noticed Ezekiel 33:
l
Se Non Ora, Quando?

O Really
Admiral

Somebody needs to get a life.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:54 pm
Moving right along to religion..... These analytical geniuses have it all figured out.

http://www.unsealed.org/2017/06/the-div ... lipse.html
1. The August eclipse occurs exactly 33 days before the Revelation 12 Sign, beginning in the 33rd state (Oregon), and ending in South Carolina at the 33rd parallel. I've personally verified each of these details (see here, here, and here). Can you really chalk up the significance of this to pure coincidence or confirmation bias? It's been noted that an eclipse like this hasn't happened in 99 years. That would be 3 x 33 years. What might God be communicating? One of our readers noticed Ezekiel 33:
What I want to know is whether this means that Missouri will be a good or bad place to be.

ImageImage

:think:

(Fletcher, NC) Priest arrested in Florida road rage incident after pulling out gun

A North Carolina priest may want to practice what he preaches.

William Rian Adams, 35, was arrested in connection with a road rage incident on Florida's Turnpike near Palm City Wednesday after pulling out a gun, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

According to an FHP report, Adams -- a priest at Calvary Episcopal Church in Fletcher, N.C. -- was driving a red Chevrolet Corvette when he "attempted to brake-check" another vehicle, a Chevrolet Silverado pick-up truck, that was closely following his Corvette.

"As the victim attempted to pass the Corvette, the driver [Adams] pointed a semi-automatic hand gun at them," read the report....
Fletcher is the adjacent town to me. It ought to be a crime to drive a Corvette too slowly.

Guns, religion, wingnut, FL, NC, Corvette, pick-up truck, road rage, LEOs, can't make this up - It's like he lurks on BRD. I think he's earned a collective 'Bravo!' from us. :angel: :-|| :clap:

Comments:
I missed firearms training in Sunday school.
Let him go. He was just being American, as God intended.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

A preacher driving a 'vette is the only warning sign that really matters.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:36 am
March Against Sharia' Planned Across The U.S.

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/10/532254891 ... ss-the-u-s

"Saturday's nationwide "March Against Sharia," sponsored by a group known for aggressively criticizing Islam, has in recent days become a rallying cause for right-wing extremists ..."

"to be held in at least 19 states, are being coordinated by ACT for America, a conservative grassroots organization that calls itself "the NRA of national security."

This Proud Boys group is new to me. I guess just more punks with their silly club names.

wiki says, a "pro-Western fraternal organization" for men who "refuse to apologize for creating the modern world."[4]

"In 2017, McInnes and Kyle Chapman teamed up to help the Proud Boys form a "street fighting" wing of the alt-right called the "Fraternal Order of the Alt-Knights" (FOAK).[8][9]"

They're back

"The Proud Boys will be joined Saturday by groups like Alt Knights"

"They are traveling to upstate New York to harass and taunt an African American Muslim community.
Come Saturday, the “Proud Boys” are heading to Islamberg, New York, a small community of some 40 families that’s a little over a three-hour drive northwest of New York City, to visit, as they put, it an “Islamic training ground.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-supp ... DAfternoon
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Richard☝🏻Spencer‏ Verified account
@RichardBSpencer

UNITE THE RIGHT
August 12, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia

No subtlety with their Nazi imagery. Poor city, the KKK was just there. I won't be going, but friends will be counter-protesting.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Found:
This is the only Confederate flag that ever mattered:

I might just do a midnight replacement if I ever get the chance.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

We're not the only ones resisting rightwing assholes.

Polish government presses on with court overhaul as criticism grows

"Tens of thousands of protesters have gathered across Poland for candle-lit vigils daily since Wednesday" - We should be doing that here.
1312. ETTD.