Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:28 am
It's not as big a deal as it would be elsewhere. Their Dems would be GOP in most other states.
Puts them closer to the ultimate Koch/ALEC goal of rewriting the Constitution.
Correction - this gives them the magic number 34.

In the clip of his speech that I saw he said that Hillary sold uranium to the now angry Russians and the crowd roared.

How does this lie continue? How do all their debunked lies continue?

Two of my favourite

FDR's policies didn't get us out of the Depression, it was all the government war related jobs

The government can't create jobs.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Yeah, that foolishness has been around for decades. There was nothing magical about WW2 and the economy. It was the massive government spending that pulled us out of the Depression, and fewer jobs per dollar are created by military spending than almost all alternatives.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:17 am
Correction - this gives them the magic number 34....
I'm not sure if Governors are involved in calls for a Constitutional Convention, but I think that in most or all states it's the Leg. and not the Governor that ratify amendments. I don't know whether they can do so by simple majority or need a super majority.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:32 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:17 am
Correction - this gives them the magic number 34....
I'm not sure if Governors are involved in calls for a Constitutional Convention, but I think that in most or all states it's the Leg. and not the Governor that ratifies amendments. I don't know whether they can do so by simple majority or need a super majority.
You are right - state houses, but don't most states with repug governors have trout congress
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:36 am
You are right - state houses, but don't most states with repug governors have trout congress
"trout"? Kilgore?

Assuming you mean GOP, yes it's bad among legislatures. But, that super majority thing may still stymie them for constitutional amendments.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:43 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:36 am
"trout"? Kilgore?

Assuming you mean GOP, yes it's bad among legislatures. But, that super majority thing may still stymie them for constitutional amendments.

Damn that spellcheck

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:48 pm
Damn that spellcheck
What was it supposed to be?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:50 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:48 pm
Damn that spellcheck
What was it supposed to be?
Repug corrects to trout on my kindle fire

I have no explanation why

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:32 pm
Repug corrects to trout on my kindle fire

I have no explanation why
Seems fishy to me.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

This should probably be somewhere like the wing nut thread, or in a thread of its own; after all, these idiots aren't trying to steal anything, this is just how they roll through each and every brain dead day.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... spartandhp

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

No more voter suppression

The North Carolina General Assembly is returning to Raleigh on Friday, August 18 for another Special Session — this time to address "bills related to election law." If history is any guide, that could mean more attempts by lawmakers to restrict and suppress voting, especially for people of color in North Carolina.

Tell your representative to protect voting rights for all and oppose any bill that would make it harder for people in North Carolina to cast a ballot.

It's time to say enough is enough. Voter suppression — past and present — is a shameful Jim Crow tactic that helps fuel the dangerous rise in white supremacy and racial injustice we are witnessing across the country. There is no place for it in North Carolina in 2017.

Take a stand for racial justice and against white supremacy. Tell your legislator: No more voter suppression.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz

"Adams, a member of President Donald Trump's election integrity commission, is dedicating his life to cleaning up registration rolls around the country "

"Election officials say Adams is a one-man wrecking ball, claiming fraud where there is no evidence of it, while voters whose information he has published online take exception to being accused of felonies.
"I was pissed," said Edmund Cochran, 35, of Fairfax County, Virginia, who had been tagged as a noncitizen voter (he was born in New Jersey) and found that his information was made public, including his full Social Security number."

"A Case Study
This spring, after Trump alleged without any evidence that widespread fraud cost him the popular vote in the 2016 election, Adams thought he'd hit pay dirt.
PILF supposedly had uncovered an "astonishing" example of fraud in Virginia: Maureen Erickson, with an address in Guatemala, was registered in Prince William County.
"Ms. Erickson voted in 14 different elections — most recently in 2008 — before her registration was cancelled," PILF wrote in a report.
Adams and his fellow PILF lawyers alleged that thousands of non-citizens were registered and voting in the state, "cancelling out the valid votes of American citizens."
The Washington Times picked up the story, describing Erickson as a fraudulent voter in an article published May 30.
But there was one problem. Erickson is a U.S. missionary living in Guatemala, lawfully voting absentee in Loudon County, she told NBC News."

it just keeps getting worse.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

There's no mention of them being sued for libel. I can hope.

Surprising to me that you're able to copy and paste from MSN. I can't, which I've often found annoying.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:31 pm
There's no mention of them being sued for libel. I can hope.

Surprising to me that you're able to copy and paste from MSN. I can't, which I've often found annoying.
Dump would pardon him.

Never a problem at msn, but I can't copy from CNN.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:07 pm
Vrede too wrote:
... Surprising to me that you're able to copy and paste from MSN. I can't, which I've often found annoying.
... Never a problem at msn, but I can't copy from CNN.
That's just weird, I can copy from CNN. It used to be a pain to copy from Snopes, though I could manage it with some contortions, but that was resolved long ago. Sometimes, I'm also unable to copy the captions from Yahoo! slideshows, otherwise it's never an issue. Geeks, any ideas?
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:16 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:07 pm
Vrede too wrote:
... Surprising to me that you're able to copy and paste from MSN. I can't, which I've often found annoying.
... Never a problem at msn, but I can't copy from CNN.
That's just weird, I can copy from CNN. It used to be a pain to copy from Snopes, though I could manage it with some contortions, but that was resolved long ago. Sometimes, I'm also unable to copy the captions from Yahoo! slideshows, otherwise it's never an issue. Geeks, any ideas?
If you're using Chrome or Firefox -- look for an extension called something like "Allow Copy".

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... h?hl=en-US

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:41 pm
If you're using Chrome or Firefox -- look for an extension called something like "Allow Copy".

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... h?hl=en-US

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
Firefox. Did that, extension added successfully. I still can't highlight and 'command C', even after restarting the computer. However, I can highlight>Edit>Copy. Evidently, I've always been able to do that, just never thought to try :oops: . It still works when I disable the extension. Odd.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump Voter Fraud Commissioner Was Alarmed Democrats Would Have A Say On Panel

The GOP is more bold about openly expressing its disdain for democracy and fair elections now.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

PolitiFact: Berger says NC has the "strictest anti-gerrymandering" standards in America

Berger claimed in a press release that North Carolina has the strictest anti-gerrymandering protections in the entire country. North Carolina may have strict rules for grouping counties and a unique formula for measuring compactness. But the legislature didn’t require themselves – at least on paper – to use that compactness formula, and other states have similar rules for the shapes of districts.

Furthermore, experts consider other states to do a better job of promoting fairness by mandating the inclusion of both parties or, in a handful of cases, strictly prohibiting mapmakers from favoring one party over another. Perhaps most tellingly: PolitiFact couldn’t find, and Berger’s office couldn’t point to, an expert or ranking system that puts North Carolina’s redistricting standards among the nation’s best.

We rate this claim False.